WK 10 GDT: (5-3) Titans vs (3-5) Bengals

titansNvolsR#1

Defense needs to be on point this week. Pittsburgh’s defense doesn’t scare me and might be without two of their DBs. Obviously our offense can make even bad defenses look good but still.... Defense needs to do their job. They’re finally not going to be playing a bottom of the league offense. Show you’ve improved...

5 minutes ago, renndawg37 said:

We missed the field goal after the Matthews drop, but got the ball back in 3 plays on Rak's strip sack, and converted 

Oh yea. Had that holding penalty that pushed us back. 

Yeah. So the drop didn't hurt as much, since we got the ball right back. 

Sidenote as soon as I saw Davis dive, I knew it was a touchback. But I did like the explosion. Turned an quick route into a "TD" almost.  4 catches for like 40 yards. Decent. Targeted a few more. Getting there slowly.

Just now, TitanLegend said:

You'd think we've lost 4 straight games the way some of you act.

Because we aren't scoring 40 points per game with 10 sacks and 2 Ints a game I guess.

We had some mistakes and struggles that "ugly" up the wins to some. Last I checked though, we won.

Are we snobbish already? lol  Think we the Patriots or something? Can't take close wins?

2 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Same, tbh.

Our games never make sense. 

Just nice to see the AFC South back among the top half of the league. 

The league this year has been more upside down than Stranger things. (Boom. Lol). 

I'd say we are more likely to split if we were going to Jacksonville in week 17. But if that game has any significance, I expect the Titans to bring it with the home crowd, giving us a slight edge. 
Have to give the Jags credit. They are winning close ones too.

Just now, KingTitan said:

Just nice to see the AFC South back among the top half of the league. 

The league this year has been more upside down than Stranger things. (Boom. Lol). 

I'd say we are more likely to split if we were going to Jacksonville in week 17. But if that game has any significance, I expect the Titans to bring it with the home crowd, giving us a slight edge. 
Have to give the Jags credit. They are winning close ones too.

Well, this was the first one. That's why I'm pretty happy about it. Was an ugly game, but usually SD absolutely crushes us every year. To snap that streak + win a close game (that we haven't done this year due to either blowing another team our on wins or losing) was big.

Either way, it'll be interesting. 

@PIT

@IND

HOU

@ARI

@SF

LAR

JAX

Gotta think we can get 4 wins out of that. We'll undoubtedly be favored over IND, HOU, ARI, SF. Could be favored over LAR and JAX as well with them being home games. PIT is probably the only game left where we'll be underdogs according to Vegas.

Trailing 20-17 in the final five minutes of the fourth quarter, Tennessee Titans quarterback Marcus Mariota capped off a 12-play, 68-yard drive with a seven-yard touchdown pass to running back DeMarco Murray to pull off the 24-20 win over the Cincinnati Bengals.

Though his performance wasn’t without flaw, Mariota put forth his best effort when it mattered most. He completed 25-of-44 passes for 264 yards and one touchdown against one interception.

On the ground, second-year thumper Derrick Henry led the team with 52 rushing yards on 11 carries. Murray ranked second behind Henry in yards, but he was responsible for all three of the Titans’ touchdowns (two rushing).

Bengals wide receivers A.J. Green and Brandon LaFell both put together all-star performances through the air, as the two combined for 210 receiving yard and both of quarterback Andy Dalton’s touchdowns. A majority of Green’s yards came on his 70-yard touchdown grab in the fourth quarter. With that, we give you our PFF exclusive takeaways from the contest for each team.

TEN-Titans-Header.png

Top 5 Grades:

CB Adoree’ Jackson, 84.8 overall grade

LB Wesley Woodyard, 79.5 overall grade

S Kevin Byard, 79.4 overall grade

Edge Jurrell Casey, 79.3 overall grade

Edge Erik Walden, 78.8 overall grade

Performances of Note:

QB Marcus Mariota, 75.4 overall grade

Mariota had an up-and-down day. His interception thrown straight to Darqueze Dennard was inexcusable, but he rebounded well. Mariota’s numbers could have been even better if it wasn’t for four drops from his receivers and multiple other contested catches that fell to the turf.

WR Corey Davis, 40.0 overall grade

Davis had a day he’d like to forget. His fumble at the goalline was luckily rendered moot, but very well could have been the difference in the game. The rookie had a drop and only hauled in four of his 10 targets.

CB Adoree’ Jackson, 84.8 overall grade

Jackson was targeted eight times on the day and only allowed four of those to be hauled in for just a total of 27 yards. He added two pass breakups, showing he can get his hands on the ball, in what was his highest graded game as a pro.

S Kevin Byard, 79.4 overall grade

Byard is having a heck of a season, but one missed tackles almost cost the Titans a win. His whiff on A.J. Green was the Titans only missed tackle on the day and Byard’s ninth on the season. He added two other crucial pass breakups though and didn’t allow a catch on three targets.

JacksonGameballW10.png

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-tennessee-titans-24-cincinnati-bengals-20

9 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Because we aren't scoring 40 points per game with 10 sacks and 2 Ints a game I guess.

We had some mistakes and struggles that "ugly" up the wins to some. Last I checked though, we won.

Are we snobbish already? lol  Think we the Patriots or something? Can't take close wins?

Ya it’s crazy the level of over reacting to things in here. The games we are winning no matter how ugly are the games we have routinely lost for the last 13 years. 

The other team is going to score the other team is going to get first downs the other teams will make plays during the coarse of a 60 minute game it’s just comes down to making more plays in the end and so far the Titans are doing that

The whole NFL has looked bad at some point this year. KC had a bad loss on TNF to the Raiders. Pats got blown out vs KC and lost late vs Car. Pitt got waxed vs the Jags. Titans got blown out vs Sea. Rams lost to Sea. NO got blown out vs NE. Dal got blown out in Den.

The only 1 team who has looked the best is Phi but even they have had to claw out some wins they were a 60 Yard FG away from losing to the Giants. 

Titans are far from perfect and that to me is the most intriguing thing going forward. They are 6-3 for the first time in forever. The Titans could easily put it all together any game now and their flaws are realistic fixes like the run game and the offense gelling. 

I’m not being negative by saying they could lose Thur I just hate being the road team on a short week but at the same time there are a lot of former players or coaches on both sides of the ball so I wouldn’t be surprised to see the Titans step up there game for Lebeau also the Titans have been very good on Prime Time with Mariota. Even the 1 they lost was on Supernaw fumbling and no talent but anything can happen I’m just happy to be 6-3 and in first with the potential of slipping into 1 or 2 seed next week

Archived