WK 10 GDT: (5-3) Titans vs (3-5) Bengals

titansNvolsR#1

Just now, Kookie23 said:

Regardless, I'll feel better if we beat the Steelers.

True. We are in the driver's seat tho.  Let's keep doing whatever we do and see how it shakes out in the end. 

Gonna be tough to beat Pitt in Pittsburgh on a short week.  We shall see.

I’m going in with the lowest expectations Thur Night not because of anything on the field we seen but just because we are the road team. Road teams have had some success this year but I don’t see us getting to Big Ben enough to make a difference.

One thing that needs to stay in the playbook for another week is Adoree Jackson on offense. I want to see ya attack them like we attacked GB last year and open up the playbook but just not sure how it goes Thursday 

I will say usually when Mariota has a down game the next one is up so I think he shows up Thur just don’t know who else will

Well good to get a win.

Offense really sputtered there in the middle of the game.  
What I do like however is the last two weeks or so, when we needed to score we scored. 
You can only do that for so many games, but at least now, we are showing some real grit and toughness to win these games. 
If if was any other team (say the Cowboys) they'd be celebrated and called the "Cardiac Boys" or some crap like that. 

Marcus had a decent game. He got fooled on the INT. The defender looked to be covering Decker and drifted back. Truth be told, I think Davis may have been in the wrong spot. Too many guys in one area. Made it easy for a DB to essentially cover two guys. 

Matthews drop was ugly, but didn't really hurt in the grand scheme of things. I believe we scored on a Murray run a few plays later. 
Running game again was inconsistent.  Mariota was our running game. 
I also don't like how much we expose him. That hit by Pacman looked a lot worst in slow motion and could have been bad. 
Need our RB's and O-Line to carry the load. 
Teams are really selling out to stop our run. Marcus passed 44 times, so we tried to put some air in the ball.  
Decker had an impact, even if he didn't produce much. That 1st down conversion was clutch also, drawing that the holding call. 

Jackson right now is our best RB.  I know we drafted Muhammad but we need to probably invest a higher pick in a speed back/shifty back.  One that can create more than our current backs. Murray and Henry need almost clear lanes to run.  

The Bengals secondary is/was pretty good. They were not giving our WRs much room. Made Mariota double clutch and hesitant a lot. Causing some sacks.  

Need to find a way to be more consistent in the middle of games. 

2 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Well good to get a win.

Offense really sputtered there in the middle of the game.  
What I do like however is the last two weeks or so, when we needed to score we scored. 
You can only do that for so many games, but at least now, we are showing some real grit and toughness to win these games. 
If if was any other team (say the Cowboys) they'd be celebrated and called the "Cardiac Boys" or some crap like that. 

Marcus had a decent game. He got fooled on the INT. The defender looked to be covering Decker and drifted back. Truth be told, I think Davis may have been in the wrong spot. Too many guys in one area. Made it easy for a DB to essentially cover two guys. 

Matthews drop was ugly, but didn't really hurt in the grand scheme of things. I believe we scored on a Murray run a few plays later. 
Running game again was inconsistent.  Mariota was our running game. 
I also don't like how much we expose him. That hit by Pacman looked a lot worst in slow motion and could have been bad. 
Need our RB's and O-Line to carry the load. 
Teams are really selling out to stop our run. Marcus passed 44 times, so we tried to put some air in the ball.  
Decker had an impact, even if he didn't produce much. That 1st down conversion was clutch also, drawing that the holding call. 

Jackson right now is our best RB.  I know we drafted Muhammad but we need to probably invest a higher pick in a speed back/shifty back.  One that can create more than our current backs. Murray and Henry need almost clear lanes to run.  

The Bengals secondary is/was pretty good. They were not giving our WRs much room. Made Mariota double clutch and hesitant a lot. Causing some sacks.  

Need to find a way to be more consistent in the middle of games. 

We missed the field goal after the Matthews drop, but got the ball back in 3 plays on Rak's strip sack, and converted 

Archived