We’re trying to re-sign Cam Sims, likely to lose McKissic

turtle28

So the team didn't extend an offer to a player, for what they value him at, and expected him to come back and say well they like me for "x dollars," you guys want to match?

Yea that is probably the worst negotiating I have heard of in a while. 

You make an offer to the player. If they like your offer, they accept it. If they still want to test the market, THEN you can request them keep you in the loop so you have a chance to ADJUST your previous offer. 

With no offer from us, why would anyone keep in touch. Go get your money from someone that wants you.

• Like 4

19 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I can't read this article. Is Standig saying McKissic never gave Washington a chance to match? He was gone regardless?

I can't believe how cheap this was to keep him.  

If you want your own guy,  you don't wait to match, you make him a solid offer up front.  Our 3 headed GMs are idiots and really are behaving just like Bruce Allen.  They want a "deal" on everyone.  This isn't how you build culture.  This just shows players who put it all on out there for the team that you don't care about them.

Well J.D. McKissic my hat is off to you.  Thanks for your contribution.  At times you were our best WR target and at times you were our best RB.

Edited by offbyone
  • Like 1