We’re trying to re-sign Cam Sims, likely to lose McKissic

turtle28

28 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Are we really caring about 7th round compensation picks? I’d much rather have Settle and McKissic personally. Scherff meh. He’s just never available. 

I would too. I'm just pointing out the comp picks and keeping track. 

4 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I can't read this article. Is Standig saying McKissic never gave Washington a chance to match? He was gone regardless?

Seems like Washington trying to save face after the fact.  Its pretty ridiculous to expect a FA to come ask you to match if you never initiated any dialogue yourself. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Seems like Washington trying to save face after the fact.  Its pretty ridiculous to expect a FA to come ask you to match if you never initiated any dialogue yourself. 

Yeah, only thing I can think of is that he said he was going to test FA regardless and Washington asked for an opportunity to match then, and he said okay but then peaced out anyway (can't blame him)

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah, only thing I can think of is that he said he was going to test FA regardless and Washington asked for an opportunity to match then, and he said okay but then peaced out anyway (can't blame him)

Wasn’t Mayhew the one at the combine who said they weren’t going to negotiate with their free agents before the start of free agency? He said he wanted them to see the offers they could get and then we’d work with it to see if we could match it which I said is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard a GM say before. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Wasn’t Mayhew the one at the combine who said they weren’t going to negotiate with their free agents before the start of free agency? He said he wanted them to see the offers they could get and then we’d work with it to see if we could match it which I said is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard a GM say before. 

Now which one of the three is he? Harry, Lloyd, or Forrest?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Dunno. Don’t remember that. I feel like we would have been more up in arms?

33 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Now which one of the three is he? Harry, Lloyd, or Forrest?

I think you’ve actually hit on the offseason plan here. 

They’ve already got Forrest, last year’s 5th round pick and lifelong middling ST player Darrick Forrest. 

Their refusal to do anything to address the gaping chasm at MLB suggests where they’re headed with pick 11: Utah LB Devin Lloyd. 

And I’ve heard quiet whispers from some fans that they could use a #2 receiver, and because cost is such an overwhelming factor, who fits that bill better than the perpetually out of favor but still on his rookie contract former Pats 1st rounder N’Keal Harry?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lavar703 said:

Took forever but I found it

from phone sorry: “When the negotiation period begins in a week or so, they’ll have the opportunity to go out and talk to other teams and we want them to keep us informed as to where they are contractually and what kind of offers they’re looking at,” Mayhew told reporters. “That’s what our purpose here is, to express that we want those guys back. There’s no offers going back and forth, but they know of our interests and know how important those guys are to us.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Took forever but I found it

from phone sorry: “When the negotiation period begins in a week or so, they’ll have the opportunity to go out and talk to other teams and we want them to keep us informed as to where they are contractually and what kind of offers they’re looking at,” Mayhew told reporters. “That’s what our purpose here is, to express that we want those guys back. There’s no offers going back and forth, but they know of our interests and know how important those guys are to us.”

I should’ve linked it. Thank you for doing so Mike. 

5 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I think you’ve actually hit on the offseason plan here. 

They’ve already got Forrest, last year’s 5th round pick and lifelong middling ST player Darrick Forrest. 

Their refusal to do anything to address the gaping chasm at MLB suggests where they’re headed with pick 11: Utah LB Devin Lloyd. 

And I’ve heard quiet whispers from some fans that they could use a #2 receiver, and because cost is such an overwhelming factor, who fits that bill better than the perpetually out of favor but still on his rookie contract former Pats 1st rounder N’Keal Harry?

@Thaiphooni think we got ‘em lol

• Like 1