We’re trying to re-sign Cam Sims, likely to lose McKissic

turtle28

1 minute ago, e16bball said:

He has that reputation, to some degree, but Taylor and Hines were actually #2 and #3 in receptions for the Colts last season. And Miles Sanders was #3 in receptions for PHI in 2019. 

His big thing has always been throwing to the TEs, which is probably in large part just related to the personnel they had in PHI. 

If they’re moving away from a world-class receiving back, maybe they’re looking at adding another receiving TE? As Thomas ACL insurance and as a potential weapon in 2- and 3-TE sets?

That would require our coaches to change their scheme quite a bit, and I don't think our coaches are known for being flexible. 

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

That would require our coaches to change their scheme quite a bit, and I don't think our coaches are known for being flexible. 

I agree with you on this. I don’t see them reinventing things on the fly, and I don’t think they really should. Trading for Wentz is not the same kind of move as drafting Willis, for example, which would require tearing the old system up and rebuilding something new to make things work for him.

The thing I haven’t wanted to speak into existence to this point is the presence of Christian McCaffrey on the trade market. Their utter disinterest in anything going on reminds me of the early portion of both of their FA periods here — in 2020 when they were totally invested in chasing Amari Cooper and in 2021 when they were totally invested in getting Fitz locked down before moving on to other stuff. 

Letting McKissic walk without even an offer raises my eyebrows. Because like you went through above, it just doesn’t really make sense. They’re still going to run a lot of offense through a RB who can get out into pass patterns, and the price is just absolutely not remotely inappropriate. If he just wanted to play for a contender, okay — but that still doesn’t explain why they wouldn’t even take a stab at keeping him. Add in that he went to Buffalo, which suggests that they gave a good review to McDermott and Beane, and I’m really getting a bit suspicious. 

I really would not rule out the possibility of them doing a deal for CMC. I would hope and pray they wouldn’t include 11 — but a 2nd and Gibson for CMC and a 4th or something? 

4 minutes ago, e16bball said:

I agree with you on this. I don’t see them reinventing things on the fly, and I don’t think they really should. Trading for Wentz is not the same kind of move as drafting Willis, for example, which would require tearing the old system up and rebuilding something new to make things work for him.

The thing I haven’t wanted to speak into existence to this point is the presence of Christian McCaffrey on the trade market. Their utter disinterest in anything going on reminds me of the early portion of both of their FA periods here — in 2020 when they were totally invested in chasing Amari Cooper and in 2021 when they were totally invested in getting Fitz locked down before moving on to other stuff. 

Letting McKissic walk without even an offer raises my eyebrows. Because like you went through above, it just doesn’t really make sense. They’re still going to run a lot of offense through a RB who can get out into pass patterns, and the price is just absolutely not remotely inappropriate. If he just wanted to play for a contender, okay — but that still doesn’t explain why they wouldn’t even take a stab at keeping him. Add in that he went to Buffalo, which suggests that they gave a good review to McDermott and Beane, and I’m really getting a bit suspicious. 

I really would not rule out the possibility of them doing a deal for CMC. I would hope and pray they wouldn’t include 11 — but a 2nd and Gibson for CMC and a 4th or something? 

5BBi.gif 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, e16bball said:

This is the post I don't want @aceinthehouse to see 😁

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MikeT14 said:

This is the post I don't want @aceinthehouse to see 😁

I've already thought about the possibility of this being a reality.

Us getting CMC...

Rivera loves doing deals with his Ex girlfriend. Carolina....

He knows how good CMC is...I believe he's been publicly put on the trade block.

He's even been rumored as possible deal in the Watson trade.

Personally, I wouldn't do it. But that's me.

Yes, I know McCaffrey is a stud. But his injury concerns me.

But I'm actually more worried what Rivera would give up for him, than us actually having him.

Would I like him on the team? Hell yes...!

But if there was a deal to aquire McCaffrey on the table...?

Or

We could take my trade offer in my thread for WR Justin Jefferson?

I'd do my deal, in a heartbeat.

Now if CMC can be had without trading our 1st Rd pick?

Then that can change my mind....

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Yup.

We currently have a 3rd (Scherff), a 7th (Settle) and another 7th (McKissic)

Are we really caring about 7th round compensation picks? I’d much rather have Settle and McKissic personally. Scherff meh. He’s just never available. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Can someone do a welfare check on @e16bball? I think he's signaling for help.

What I think is happening is E is slowly making his way toward the curmudgeon club. He’s at his table, sitting there with the other “on the fence”fans. But he’s been looking over at our table for quite some time now lol 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

He has that reputation, to some degree, but Taylor and Hines were actually #2 and #3 in receptions for the Colts last season. And Miles Sanders was #3 in receptions for PHI in 2019. 

His big thing has always been throwing to the TEs, which is probably in large part just related to the personnel they had in PHI. 

If they’re moving away from a world-class receiving back, maybe they’re looking at adding another receiving TE? As Thomas ACL insurance and as a potential weapon in 2- and 3-TE sets?

He didn't really have any other options to be honest. Outside of Pittman the receiving options for Indy were pretty lackluster. I actually watched a lot of Indy last year having Taylor in Fantasy. Was always thinking can you stop throwing to terrible Pascal and washed Hilton and just give the ball to Taylor.