2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

13 minutes ago, DR43 said:

Would you have made it back in March?

I was for it at the time, but not at the price cle was with the trade offer and contract. Watson is good, but not that good and now his off the field case is looking worse by the week.

12 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Damn, Heyward looks pretty athletic and natural as a pass catcher in this clip.

all signs point to him competing for TE2/3 spot and not fullback

Pat, Gentry and Heyward could be our most versatile TE group in awhile(assuming heyward sticks)

That's such a smart contact for Renfrow. These shorter deals are deadly and not enough people risk/reward it, IMO. Dudes gonna tear up the stat sheet from the slot inside of Adams and Waller and is going to be a focal point based on McDaniels past with slot receivers. 

Then, in 2 years, he gets to re-up for a receiver market that will probably be at or above the $30M per mark before he is 30. Little route god Renfrow is gonna take home like $40M in cash in 2025 while AJ Brown takes home $16M on his 5 year deal. 

5 hours ago, August4th said:

wonder if Johnson would be down to do a 2 yr deal

I know most don't want to pay him, but while Pickett is on his rookies deal I wouldn't mind giving DJ a fair market deal over 2 or 3 years. It buys us time while we have the cap space to see who fits best with Pickett. I would like to see DJ, Chase, and Pickens get the next couple seasons together to who works best with him.

If DJ is not the top guy for him then let him walk and invest in the guy that is his best running mate.

9 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

That's such a smart contact for Renfrow. These shorter deals are deadly and not enough people risk/reward it, IMO. Dudes gonna tear up the stat sheet from the slot inside of Adams and Waller and is going to be a focal point based on McDaniels past with slot receivers. 

Then, in 2 years, he gets to re-up for a receiver market that will probably be at or above the $30M per mark before he is 30. Little route god Renfrow is gonna take home like $40M in cash in 2025 while AJ Brown takes home $16M on his 5 year deal. 

2 year extension would allow to see if Pickens can be the #1 going forward and to see if Claypool develops any further…also doesn’t impact the cap a ton with Heyward coming off the books at the end of that deal.

Also frees up a probable  early draft pick in 2023 that can be used on OL or any level of the defense…plus takes him thru his prime years.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DR43 said:

What do you all think will happen with the Deshawn Watson saga?  Will he be suspended and if so, how long?

Banned for life would be ideal and I don’t think it’s completely out of the question. If the Browns gave up 4 first round picks and 230 mill for nothing I truly think it could set them back 10+ years. We’d be in a 3 team division for the foreseeable future.

My best guess is one full season though. 

Edited by bigben07MVP

2 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Banned for life would be ideal and I don’t think it’s completely out of the question. If the Browns gave up 4 first round picks and 230 mill for nothing I truly think it could set them back 10+ years. We’d be in a 3 team division for the foreseeable future.

My best guess is one full season though. 

Even if it is just a season, that’ll be a massive break from football for Watson. This is not at all the important thing about this story, just sticking to purely football talk, but who knows if he’d even be good when he comes back.