2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

22 hours ago, warfelg said:

169 targets. 144 the year before. 

313 targets for 197 catches 2092 yards 16 TD in a two year span. That’s a ton of targets for that production. 

AJ Brown just got paid $25Mil AAV for the same yards and TDs in 6 less games and 100 less targets. 

So? Earning 169 targets in a season is impressive. Targets per route run is a widely used stat to determine a WR’s success. AJ and DJ are very different style receivers and no one is comparing those two anyway. I think most would easily take AJ Brown over DJ. This convo was about JuJu vs DJ.

4 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

So? Earning 169 targets in a season is impressive. Targets per route run is a widely used stat to determine a WR’s success. AJ and DJ are very different style receivers and no one is comparing those two anyway. I think most would easily take AJ Brown over DJ. This convo was about JuJu vs DJ.

For the volume of targets that wasn’t great production. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

The Pryor lead raiders? I still haven’t forgiven Woodley for missing the assignment. 

We also lost to a Bruce Gradkowski led Raiders team, a Kyle Orton led Bears team and a Mike Glennon led Tampa Bay team that won 2 games that year (2014).

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

We also lost to a Bruce Gradkowski led Raiders team, a Kyle Orton led Bears team and a Mike Glennon led Tampa Bay team that won 2 games that year (2014).

And a Mike Glennon lead Bears when Trubisky was a rookie. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

Minkahs new deal is gtd in the first two years and a fairly straight forward setup after that. His cap charges are 8.1; 18; 18; 19: 21. 

Yep, pretty basic.

Next deal should be Boz at 4-5 years at $5-$6 AAV.

1 hour ago, AFF said:

Yep, pretty basic.

Next deal should be Boz at 4-5 years at $5-$6 AAV.

All the guys at Steelers Depot were pointing this out too that in the last calendar year (almost, since TJs contract) the structures have been far more simplified and multi year guarantees. Has them wondering if this is one of the ways that Khan has discussed evolving the way things operate. 

18 hours ago, warfelg said:

For the volume of targets that wasn’t great production. 

I don’t disagree, not sure why it’s so hard for you to grasp the topic of the conversation. 

JuJu had 830 yards in 16 games his last full season.

Edited by bigben07MVP

5 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I don’t disagree, not sure why it’s so hard for you to grasp the topic of the conversation. 

JuJu had 830 yards in 16 games his last full season.

I’m not struggling to grasp anything. Seems your more stuck on a point that doesn’t matter as much. 

he also had 97 catches on 123 targets and 9 TDs. Juju managed to give good production based on what he saw. 

58 minutes ago, jebrick said:

I can declare any rookie Wr the best in the NFL when no games have been played.  Please click on my website.

I hate the pre-camp doldrums of news.  We get crap like this.

I don't disagree and it's just speculation/opinion but as I said, Cosell knows his stuff. 

Edited by Chieferific