2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

I get that Derek Watt is overpaid for what he brings….but cap hit is now and forever will be the dumbest way to judge a players worth. 

Everyone screamed at Ben for being the largest cap hit at QB but not one person writing articles about that mentioned how Cam was the 67th highest cap hit at DT. 

Dude got just over $3M per year with increasing cap hits over three years….it’s fine, Warren. 

Edited by Dcash4

4 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I get that Derek Watt is overpaid for what he brings….but cap hit is now and forever will be the dumbest way to judge a players worth. 

Everyone screamed at Ben for being the largest cap hit at QB but not one person writing articles about that mentioned how Cam was the 67th highest cap hit at DT. 

Dude got just over $3M per year with increasing cap hits over three years….it’s fine, Warren. 

Add to that the list of WRs given in an effort to support the "atrocity".  Most of which are on Rookie deals or are not very good.  

40 minutes ago, AFF said:

He’s more of a fantasy football guy if I remember correctly.

Barely. He just enjoys making god awful salary comparisons. He did one on one of the QB or WR contracts and said “you can have this defense instead” and goes to list 11 rookie contract guys. Like….no you can’t. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chieferific said:

Add to that the list of WRs given in an effort to support the "atrocity".  Most of which are on Rookie deals or are not very good.  

My favorite part of it is Gallup signed a 5 year deal worth $11.5M per, but in the first year has a cap hit under $5M to help the Cowboys cap situation. His cash flow this year is $12.6M vs Watt's $2.75M. But never you mind that....the cap hit of a third year contract vs a first year signing is what true value means. 

I enjoy analytics. I like some of the stuff Sharp does, but this stuff is dumb. 

• Like 2