2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

3 hours ago, BradfordSteeler said:

Not going to lie, I'm no huge JuJu fan who can't see anything wrong in him, but seeing him in another teams jersey feels wrong. I hope it all goes well for him, but he got what it meant to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and for the money he's gone for we should have at least matched that.

I think it was in both sides best interest for a fresh start tbh. The were probably and understandably so getting fed up with the off the field and bulletin board stuff. 

Edited by bigben07MVP

9 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I know I’m generally pretty optimistic, but I’m kind of cautious of Mathieu. Being in Missouri, I know a lot of Chiefs fans. They were pretty down on Mathieu’s play last year. The major criticism is his lack of physicality and tackling. Maybe being on a more talented defense will help cover for some of his deficiencies. 

I think playing with Minkah as opposed to Nick Sorensen, one of the worst safeties in the NFL, will have him looking like prime Mathieu again.

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

With the possibility of going WR in round 1 looking more and more likely I starting doing some more digging on the guys at the top and man if we do go WR at 20, I think the guy is Jameson Williams. There’s a ton of good WRs in this draft but IMO Williams and Wilson (who should be gone) are the only two top 10 level talents at WR in the draft.

I forgot just how dominant he was last year until his injury, he just made SEC DBs look silly all season. He is the PERFECT fit to what our WR room needs and would look great in Black n Gold. Jameson - DJ - Claypool - Muth - Najee would be cooking with some gas on offense.

All this being said, I have a hard time seeing Tomlin pull the trigger on an injured player in the first round. I mean the first thing he says to any player we draft is “hey man are you healthy?” Lol. The medicals would really have to be looking good for us to take him.

It's an ACL and ACL injuries are less scary.

I think Tomlin's "Hey man you healthy" is more "Hey we haven't talked in a bit, you didn't do something stupid training wise did you?"

Also, I'm working on a mock practice, and I can see us doing WR/WR/CB in the first three rounds in some way.  Heck the last one I just ran I got:

1/20 - Jameson Williams WR Alabama

2/52 - Jalen Pitre CB Baylor

3/84 - John Metchie III WR Alabama

4/138 - Zyon McCollum CB Sam Houston State

6/208 - Nate Landman LB Colorado

7/225 - Carson Wells ED Colorado

7/241 - Kendrick Duncan S Louisville

PFF gave this draft an A+ grade.  Heck with this I might let DJ walk at the end of the season.  Think of Williams as a replacement for DJ come one year early.  Metchie is the outside speed guy.  Then in 2023 I would sell the farm for CJ Stroud out of OSU.  Could have a 2023 offense that looks like this:

Williams-------------Friermuth-Moore-Dodson-Cody-Daniels-Okorafor-------------------Metchie III

----------------------------------------Stroud------------------------------Claypool-----------------

----------------------------------------Harris---------------------------------------------------------

....hey a man can dream right?

5 minutes ago, AFF said:

FWIW, apparently Heyward and Diontae Johnson were caught liking instagram posts from Honey Badger yesterday…if I knew how to copy it onto here I would.

I dunno if I would read too much into that.  Could be a recruiting attempt.

14 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I dunno if I would read too much into that.  Could be a recruiting attempt.

It’s possible…just weird cause of the rumor a few days ago and then nothing.

I also haven’t heard of any other teams bringing him in for a visit unless I missed it.

14 minutes ago, AFF said:

It’s possible…just weird cause of the rumor a few days ago and then nothing.

I also haven’t heard of any other teams bringing him in for a visit unless I missed it.

No we're in that lull of FA where the big money contracts have dried up and the remaining guys have to understand there isn't as much left.

I think the possible hold up from the Steelers end could be that while Mattheiu is better, the value of Edmunds sitting out there is enticing.  I feel like that could be going on for a few different spots right now not just with the Steelers but for a lot of teams.

3 minutes ago, Cbrunn said:

I like Burks a lot 

I know he didnt test that well so ppl are down on him, but I see highlights of him running away from guys that tested 4.3 

He's interesting, but back when Rice did that no one cared to ask this, but not coaches and GM's will ask why it didn't translate over.

I don't love Burks. He needs manufactured touches early. Also, he isn't very fast. That absolutely shows up on tape too. He's going to have to be more physical in the NFL because he's not going to outrun guys. His comp is Deebo, but Deebo at least ran some routes. Burks runs nothing. We need speed. We already have Burks on the roster and it's Claypool. 

8 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I don't love Burks. He needs manufactured touches early. Also, he isn't very fast. That absolutely shows up on tape too. He's going to have to be more physical in the NFL because he's not going to outrun guys. His comp is Deebo, but Deebo at least ran some routes. Burks runs nothing. We need speed. We already have Burks on the roster and it's Claypool. 

I think we’re in a need of overhauling that spot and no one should feel safe in their job. DJ needs challenged. Claypool definitely needs challenged. And the signing has barely seen the field. 

Id try for Tre’quan Smith and Daesean Hamilton at this point. Maybe even Albert Wilson and Auden Tate. All have shown something at some point and would be up for going all out for a job with a wr needy team. 

29 minutes ago, warfelg said:

Want crazy:

La’el Collins and Chuks Okorafor signed close to identical contracts. 

The Chuks deal was laughable even before that.   

They can cut him fairly easily next year if he sucks....but point us, they never shouldve given that deal based on his body of work.

the Watson trade might of added two teams in the QB draft race. Carolina and Atlanta. I hope they do take a QB. that's two less teams in the 2023 QB draft race. With Brady coming back, I doubt TB will be picking ahead of us next yr. Just some looking ahead thoughts

• Like 1