2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

Man, just incredibly sad. There’s been quite a few tragic situations around the Steelers the past 3 years. Coach Drake dying in camp, Coach O’s wife last year, Tuitta brother, now Dwayne. Just so, so sad. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

RIP. As a Buckeyes and Steelers fan I was pulling for a Cinderella story. He was struck by a dump truck while walking on I-595, which is a pretty major highway down here, hopefully because his car broke down and not that he was crap-faced. 

TF was that dump truck doing that he didn't see someone on the side of the road? Listen I have my CDL, I cannot imagine hitting a person, now I get accidents happen, but damn.. I'll reserve anger until I hear the full story but some dudes just shouldn't have a license. 

1 minute ago, wwhickok said:

TF was that dump truck doing that he didn't see someone on the side of the road? Listen I have my CDL, I cannot imagine hitting a person, now I get accidents happen, but damn.. I'll reserve anger until I hear the full story but some dudes just shouldn't have a license. 

Before sunrise, there’s construction in that area, and nothing says he was on the side of the road so he could have been crossing to the other side of the highway or something if he had a flat or breakdown and was trying to walk off highway. Just a tragedy one way or another, I’m sure details will come out soon. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

Before sunrise, there’s construction in that area, and nothing says he was on the side of the road so he could have been crossing to the other side of the highway or something if he had a flat or breakdown and was trying to walk off highway. Just a tragedy one way or another, I’m sure details will come out soon. 

1 hour ago, SteelersFan2333 said:

RIP. As a Buckeyes and Steelers fan I was pulling for a Cinderella story. He was struck by a dump truck while walking on I-595, which is a pretty major highway down here, hopefully because his car broke down and not that he was crap-faced. 

Holy ! Man. Goodness that’s sad.

Never ever walk on an interstate. 

Edited by SMashMouthMike

Hope the Steelers sign a vet at either Wr or SS before the draft…I’m assuming they’re going to bring in a SS especially with their reported interest in Jackson before he resigned with the Broncos.

41 minutes ago, AFF said:

Hope the Steelers sign a vet at either Wr or SS before the draft…I’m assuming they’re going to bring in a SS especially with their reported interest in Jackson before he resigned with the Broncos.

I feel like we have to sign a vet WR and a vet SS.  They can probably wait until after the draft for a WR.  I’d be surprised if they don’t sign a S before the draft.

There are a few options left at S, but WR is bleak.

50 minutes ago, AFF said:

The interest in Jackson at his age really surprises me. Makes me think they have their eye on someone early in the draft.

12 hours ago, Blitzburgh said:

I feel like we have to sign a vet WR and a vet SS.  They can probably wait until after the draft for a WR.  I’d be surprised if they don’t sign a S before the draft.

There are a few options left at S, but WR is bleak.

Yea not much has caugh my eye at WR save for Will Fuller.

It wouldn't surprise me if a WR wasn't signed until after the draft. Sammy Watkins is intriguing to me. I am not looking at some long term answer, but he can line up anywhere, is a vet, wouldn't cost much and you wouldn't have a problem with a rookie taking his snaps away. 

I would like Will Fuller on a one year, prove it deal. But unless they commit to Claypool in the slot (which they show no signs of being interested in), I doubt it happens. Adam Humphries would be interesting in the slot, but I also don't get the feeling he is the type of slot Canada wants. 

But once teams start really working towards a 53 man roster and potentially add another WR in a deep draft, there are going to be dudes available that are better than the stock out there right now. Darious Slayton, Jakobie Meyers, someone from Tampa (Darden, Miller, or Johnson).

There's always surprise vet guys on the move post draft and I don't think this receiver market is going anywhere until after May 1 anyway, so I don't think they need to rush that position. 

But seriously -- go get Scott Miller. 

I wonder where this team will rank when it comes to run/pass ratio this yr..feel like this is a team that's gonna lean more into run like the 04-06ish ben yrs...I hope they plan on adding to the RB room and not use Harris for all these carries

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, August4th said:

I wonder where this team will rank when it comes to run/pass ratio this yr..feel like this is a team that's gonna lean more into run like the 04-06ish ben yrs...I hope they plan on adding to the RB room and not use Harris for all these carries

With how bad they were at drafting mid round RBs for 4 straight years(1 hit in Conner)…I’d go the FA route.

I’d pony up a little bit of $$ for McKinnon personally.

• Like 1