2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

20 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

I have really started to come around on my knee jerk reaction to Ridder. I’m not sure if he would ever be worth $40M+, but for 5-6 years of rookie deal and a tag, you could have a solid situation. 

The small stuff comes natural. He is like the anti-Mason. Footwork, feel, progressions, command, etc. 

Im not saying I’d be thrilled…but I’d be happy enough with either Willis or Ridder at 20. Ridder is natural, has the second highest ceiling, probably the best floor, athletic, and could play NFL snaps quickly to maximize a rookie deal in a world of $40M QBs. 

This is what I’ve been trying to say about Ridder for the past few weeks. I don’t love the idea of spending a first on him but he’s my QB2 by a long shot and the only QB worthy of taking a chance on outside of Willis. It’s easy to see why one could not be a fan of his when you watch the tape unless you really know what you’re looking at. He definitely has some great tools to work with but his arm talent is meh and some of his throws make you say WTF was he thinking??

I think MOST agree Ridder has SOME value.  Just not as 1st Rdr.  I personally am not all that impressed by a cutup of him shuffling/backpedaling his feet to stay in a throwing position against Miami (OH).  Sure there are things to like but if you're taking a QB in Rd 1 it's not supposed to be a developmental/project player.  Again, I CAN see the Steelers taking him there and I'd live with it because most of his issues are correctable (and what choice do I have) but we as fans had better be patient and not expect a Mahommes-type player. I think he's closer to a Tannenhill.

3 minutes ago, August4th said:

Pray for 43's belongings...especially his TV on draft night

It's one thing to say you wanna move up to get a QB. That would require moving up no further than #10. But to say specifically to draft Willis?  I mean, I could see the Panthers or Atlanta taking him at #6 or #8.  That'd be crazy.  

3 hours ago, August4th said:

Pray for 43's belongings...especially his TV on draft night

I think many are overestimating Willis as the consensus QB1. I said a few days ago a) I could see Corral and Pickett going ahead of him and b) there’s a better chance Willis falls to 20 than people think. 

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

Solid contribution to the conversation though.

Ive already gave multiple breakdowns of why I dont like Ridder.   Im not going to keep rehashing it. 

That was merely a tongue in cheek quip at your baseless comment.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

Ive already gave multiple breakdowns of why I dont like Ridder.   Im not going to keep rehashing it. 

That was merely a tongue in cheek quip at your baseless comment.

No one is asking for you to breakdown Ridder again, we all know very well that you hate every QB prospect in the draft. I didn’t reply to you or tag you… not sure why you felt provoked to respond without adding any value to the conversation. 

And my comment wasn’t “baseless” I just took the time to explain it to you further, which you conveniently left out when quoting me. 

11 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I think many are overestimating Willis as the consensus QB1. I said a few days ago a) I could see Corral and Pickett going ahead of him and b) there’s a better chance Willis falls to 20 than people think. 

Willis is the only QB that should be drafted in the 1st round.  The others fall into the safe QB with very limited upside.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jebrick said:

Willis is the only QB that should be drafted in the 1st round.  The others fall into the safe QB with very limited upside.

Oh I agree for sure but I could see some teams ahead of us falling in love with the other guys. I can’t remember a QB class quite like this one, maybe 2013 when EJ Manuel was the only 1st round QB. It will be interesting to see how things pan out, I’m predicting some surprises.