2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

18 hours ago, 43M said:

Show me....where did you show any of your sources?   Where did you include any of the supposed qualities that make Ridder so valuable that only "people who know what they are looking at" can see it?

Oh thats right...you didnt.   Not even one.

Baseless.

Asking me to “show my sources” when I was quoting a video breakdown from another poster 🤣

Hop off bro

9 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

If it cost me a non first round pick, I’m in. I can’t imagine a better fit for a Canada style offense. Put him in the slot or at the Z And get him 10 touches a game on jets, bubbles, backfield stuff, whatever. 

I LOVE the player and fit but I feel like Toney has some serious maturity issues and idk about the locker room fit here. There’s a reason they’re shopping him after one year where he actually showed a ton of promise on the field. 

12 hours ago, 43M said:

I actually like it.   He is servicable.   Far from our biggest issue on defense.  Rather this than pay the overrated Tyrann Mathieu $15m.

Likely takes safety off the early board, as well.

Only concern is that they are zeroing in on QB early. 

I think most of us on here feel your concern also. With Trubisky being the only QB signed past this year, I do think they’ll draft one. I’m more so hoping they draft one to groom to be the career back up(mid to late rounds) more then the starter. 

3 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I LOVE the player and fit but I feel like Toney has some serious maturity issues and idk about the locker room fit here. There’s a reason they’re shopping him after one year where he actually showed a ton of promise on the field. 

I want nothing to do with another guy with a poor work ethic. We do not need another immature WR. If they get a 7th round pick they should feel lucky

6 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Not saying you’re wrong by any means but just two thoughts that come to mind for me.

This is meant to be Tomlins strength - being a player coach and managing personalities. Not the same category, necessarily, but we saw the Steelers have interest in OBJ last year too. For the right talent, I’ll put faith in Tomlin to keep that player actively on the field and engaged. 

And while it’s very true his personality might play into it with a first time HC, it’s also very possible that with a new regime he just simply isn’t their guy and not a great fit, so sell to the highest bidder and move on. But both can be true at the same time. 

If it was a second or third round price for a 2nd year guy on a 5 year rookie deal, I’d be very open to it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dcash4 said:

Not saying you’re wrong by any means but just two thoughts that come to mind for me.

This is meant to be Tomlins strength - being a player coach and managing personalities. Not the same category, necessarily, but we saw the Steelers have interest in OBJ last year too. For the right talent, I’ll put faith in Tomlin to keep that player actively on the field and engaged. 

And while it’s very true his personality might play into it with a first time HC, it’s also very possible that with a new regime he just simply isn’t their guy and not a great fit, so sell to the highest bidder and move on. But both can be true at the same time. 

If it was a second or third round price for a 2nd year guy on a 5 year rookie deal, I’d be very open to it. 

Especially one as talented as him that many thought was drafted at the right place. 

• Like 1

steelers not doing great drafting late in the draft according to that article could help explain depth issues killing some past steeler teams. might be the difference between the  best teams from 10's and 00's. the good 2000 teams seemed to always have guys step up and play above their draft status

1 minute ago, August4th said:

Bush playing like a J.A.G would be a plus at this point. He was that bad last yr

How great of a surprise would it be to see Bush play like a pro bowler/top 10 pick this year?

Im not counting on it, but you can’t deny that’s not in his range of outcomes for 2022.

3 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Can’t disagree with anything you said here and again I love Toney as a player. I think he’s probably top 5 hardest guys to tackle in the open field in the NFL right now. I just have a hard time seeing them take a chance on a guy like him after everything we went through with AB and to a lesser extent Bell. But hey if Tomlin is up to the challenge let’s do it.