2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

Something I found interesting. Bill Belichick has apparently made more draft day trades than anyone since 2000, with over 80.

I don't have the full league rankings, but Kevin Colbert has only done 16 in the same time frame. I'm going to guess that is at or near the bottom of the entire league.

4 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

So the Steelers only want Pickett now? Got it. 

The only thing abundantly clear about this years draft for us is that the Steelers haven’t told anyone jack. No one actually has a clue. 

Quick! Someone put out a story about him being a junkie. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Not a fan of trading up but sounds like at least it could be cheaper to make a move this year than others 🤷🏼

I believe it was @Dcash4 that brought up an interesting point…there’s already 5-6 teams with multiple 1st rounders next years…almost all of them will need a QB, which puts them in a more favorable position than the Steelers in trading up come 2023 draft for their QB of the future.

People may not like it but…they trade up using this years picks for Willis and have a huge amount of cap space to improve the team around him going forward in 2023.

Not saying they should do that but it could be a thought of theirs.

• Like 2

PFF has the Steelers drafting Liberty QB Malik Willis at 11th overall following a trade up with Washington.

Commanders Receive: No. 20, No. 52 and 2023 third-round pick

Steelers Receive: No. 11

I don't hate that as much as giving up 2 firsts, although I feel if he reaches 11 there's a good chance he reaches 20 so would be tempted to sit tight at that point.

1 minute ago, BradfordSteeler said:

PFF has the Steelers drafting Liberty QB Malik Willis at 11th overall following a trade up with Washington.

I don't hate that as much as giving up 2 firsts, although I feel if he reaches 11 there's a good chance he reaches 20 so would be tempted to sit tight at that point.

I still don't think I would like to trade up for a QB in this draft, but if they do -- my big ask is that they keep their first round pick next year. 

If we already HAVE a QB in a draft that is said to be more populated with in demand QB's, that makes our pick valuable. Can we move back in the 2023 draft and secure more value than what we traded in 2022? I think so. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, BradfordSteeler said:

I’d do that.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Dcash4 said:

I still don't think I would like to trade up for a QB in this draft, but if they do -- my big ask is that they keep their first round pick next year. 

If we already HAVE a QB in a draft that is said to be more populated with in demand QB's, that makes our pick valuable. Can we move back in the 2023 draft and secure more value than what we traded in 2022? I think so. 

As long as it’s only for Willis and no 2023 1st…I’m good with it.

Have him sit in 2022…use your 2022 3rd on a WR in a strong class and get aggressive in the 2023 FA class.

Edited by AFF
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, AFF said:

As long as it’s only for Willis and no 2023 1st…I’m good with it.

Have him sit in 2022…use your 2022 3rd on a WR in a strong class and get aggressive in the 2023 FA class.

This would have to be the case for me. If he's off the board take BPA @ 20 

Edited by BradfordSteeler
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I prefer this guy two rounds later to Hamilton:

I can see the point as it relates to value here but that's about it.  Meaning what it would take to get Hamilton compared to what it would take to get Cross.  But I don't see Cross as being very close in terms of ability.  But to be fair, Hamilton is my #1 pick.   

This can obviously be talk for the sake of talk this week, but they sound like how I have felt: the team did their due diligence at QB because they are in need of the most important position not because they are desperate. I think they will take their guy if available, but I am not afraid they will take a QB just to take a QB in round 1. 

(though, that doesn't mean they don't have someone dumb like Howell as "their guy")

• Like 1