2022 Off-Season Thread: The Dead szn...

Dcash4

1 hour ago, Chieferific said:

Anyway, I expect him to rotate in the Nickel and provide much needed interior pressure.

I’ll disagree at this spot if that’s all it’s for. What was good about Tuitt was he could play the run while pass rushing. That’s why we got killed in nickel runs last year. Wormley couldn’t stop the run. I fear Leal is very similar in that way. 

2 minutes ago, warfelg said:

I’ll disagree at this spot if that’s all it’s for. What was good about Tuitt was he could play the run while pass rushing. That’s why we got killed in nickel runs last year. Wormley couldn’t stop the run. I fear Leal is very similar in that way. 

He was a very good run defender in College.  Of course that was College and he'll need to add weight.  So there are undoubtedly some "wait and find out" questions.  Ideally he bulks up a bit, adds strength and retains that ability to slip thru the cracks.  Will he reach Tuitt ability?  Not sure. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, 43M said:

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

Im not saying they didn't like him at all as a player, but I still believe that was a big part of the decision.

I think you missed my point…I’m saying if they were just doing it as a favor to Cam they would’ve just waited until they’re last pick to make sure he was drafted by someone. If he got picked up by another team then good for him.

I guess we’ll never know. If it allows us to cut Watt and use the saved cap space to pick up someone else then it was worth it imo. But then again, they could just have some weird fantasy about having a bunch of brothers are the same team, who knows, I wouldn’t put it past them.

Edited by bigben07MVP
  • Like 1

Idk about you guys but I’m fired up for training camp. Both guys by all accounts are intense competitors and it will be fun going through a TC with a QB battle for the first time in a long time. More entertaining than Ben dodging blocking pads that’s for sure.

• Like 2

I wasn't aware of how highly rated DeMarvin Leal was heading into this year.   So many early mocks had him going top 10.    

Could be a huge steal if we put him in the right role.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 43M said:

I wasn't aware of how highly rated DeMarvin Leal was heading into this year.   So many early mocks had him going top 10.    

He is inconsistent.  I am not sure if they want him to play the 0/1 like Alualu or help at the 5.  I am guessing the 0/1.  If he pans out he will be like Gravedigger.  If they wanted a 5 tech they should have grabbed Cam Thomas who went 3 picks later.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 43M said:

Yes, and apparently he had a “down” year last year because Texas A&M tried moving him around too much.

He also was a top 10 recruit coming out of high school.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

Yes, and apparently he had a “down” year last year because Texas A&M tried moving him around too much.

Not to sound like an *** but that doesn’t mean anything. Christian Hackenberg was a star recruit in his class too. 

2 hours ago, jebrick said:

He is inconsistent.  I am not sure if they want him to play the 0/1 like Alualu or help at the 5.  I am guessing the 0/1.  If he pans out he will be like Gravedigger.  If they wanted a 5 tech they should have grabbed Cam Thomas who went 3 picks later.

I wanted Zachary Carter, who went to the Bengals.

1 hour ago, bigben07MVP said:

He looked good when he was rushing the passer from 7/9.  Moving him around messed him up as he did not have the bulk for a 3 tech

Just now, jebrick said:

He looked good when he was rushing the passer from 7/9.  Moving him around messed him up as he did not have the bulk for a 3 tech

I think they ask him to add weight in the league. He'll pump up and get big enough for that. He's a pretty lean 280 so I figure he'll keep his agility and explosion at 295-300. 

• Like 1