Ravens sign Morgan Moses (3yrs / 15M)

Forge

1 hour ago, Ray Reed said:

Relatively cheap but...doesn’t he stink? 

He didn't have a spectacular season last year, but he did okay. Part of that was that offense was a mess and that OL struggled.

Moses is a good, reliable RT. He isn't a world beater but he is going to provide stability. Good signing for Baltimore unfortunately 

• Like 2

As a Jets fan I can't say he's dominant or even really good but he's decent and is durable; guaranteed to give you a full seasons worth.  

My only question is how long can he hold up for in pass protection while Lamar Jackson scrambles in pocket/backfield?

Because his run blocking is much better than his OT pass protection ability. 

14 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

As a Jets fan I can't say he's dominant or even really good but he's decent and is durable; guaranteed to give you a full seasons worth.  

My only question is how long can he hold up for in pass protection while Lamar Jackson scrambles in pocket/backfield?

Because his run blocking is much better than his OT pass protection ability. 

He had over 1,000 snaps on offense last year and gave up 4 sacks.

Playing for the Jets.

I think he'll be okay.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

He had over 1,000 snaps on offense last year and gave up 4 sacks.

Playing for the Jets.

I think he'll be okay.

I watch every snap of my Jets. 

And I have every right to question his pass protection capabilities after last year.

Especially for Lamar Jackson who loves to hold the ball; which will expose Morgan Moses tremendously once left alone in pass protection.

Dude. You're just looking at sacks allowed.

Jets fans actually witnessed Zach Wilson running for his life because of Morgan Moses. Who struggled each and every game in pass protection. 

Morgan Moses allowed a team high/team leading 49 QB Pressures given up.

(which ranked 6th worst amongst all NFL OT's).

There's a reason why 50% of Jets fans want either Edge Rusher or 1st round OT @ 4th overall with either Evan Neal or Ikem Ekwonu (specifically) and it's not for LT neither (Mekhi Becton) it's because of RT (none of us wanted Morgan Moses back @ RT)

Morgan Moses was practically begging for the Jets Front Office to re-sign him but our Front Office has much better plans for RT (a position that is needed in order to keep Zach Wilson safe).

Keep thinking he "protected" Zach Wilson if you want to. Because he didn't.

He damn near got my QB killed. 

George Fant is the one who stepped up @ LT last year once Mekhi Becton got hurt. Only allowed 1 sack and only 18 total QB pressures; which is why George Fant is sticking around but Morgan Moses isn't.

Morgan Moses and his 4 sacks allowed + 49 QB pressures allowed wasn't allowed to come back because of it. And not even to the JETS (which should be telling you something).

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

6 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

I watch every snap of my Jets. 

And I have every right to question his pass protection capabilities after last year.

Especially for Lamar Jackson who loves to hold the ball; which will expose Morgan Moses tremendously once left alone in pass protection.

Dude. You're just looking at sacks allowed.

Jets fans actually witnessed Zach Wilson running for his life because of Morgan Moses. Who struggled each and every game in pass protection. 

Morgan Moses allowed a team high/team leading 49 QB Pressures given up.

(which ranked 6th worst amongst all NFL OT's).

There's a reason why 50% of Jets fans want either Edge Rusher or 1st round OT @ 4th overall with either Evan Neal or Ikem Ekwonu (specifically) and it's not for LT neither (Mekhi Becton) it's because of RT (none of us wanted Morgan Moses back @ RT)

Morgan Moses was practically begging for the Jets Front Office to re-sign him but our Front Office has much better plans for RT (a position that is needed in order to keep Zach Wilson safe).

Keep thinking he "protected" Zach Wilson if you want to. Because he didn't.

He damn near got my QB killed. 

George Fant is the one who stepped up @ LT last year once Mekhi Becton got hurt. Only allowed 1 sack and only 18 total QB pressures; which is why George Fant is sticking around but Morgan Moses isn't.

Morgan Moses and his 4 sacks allowed + 49 QB pressures allowed wasn't allowed to come back because of it. And not even to the JETS (which should be telling you something).

You'll forgive me if I don't believe a single word you say given your track record.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

You'll forgive me if I don't believe a single word you say given your track record.

You don't believe he ranked 6th worst amongst 64 OTs in QB pressures allowed?

and/or allowed a Jets team high of 49 QB pressures?

and/or Jets fans weren't watching Zach Wilson running around like a chicken with it's head cut off because of Morgan Moses @ RT? 

Ok.

Well then that's on you. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships

21 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

and/or Jets fans weren't watching Zach Wilson running around like a chicken with it's head cut off because of Morgan Moses @ RT? 

No, I just don't believe YOU. Pretty simple concept. I mean let's think about this, who should I believe:

Option A: Literally everyone unanimously saying this is a good signing for a good player.

Option B: The guy who thinks Amari Cooper is a hall of fame WR, Ezekiel Elliott is still on a HOF trajectory, and Dalton Schultz is like a top 5 TE.

Tough choice.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

Not to mention the lifetime supply of crabcakes from Jimmy's Seafood.

Have to remember that this component has a lot of additional value for big men, price per pound for lump crab meat has not been spared in the current inflationary environment.

• Like 1