Forum wide Current Mock Draft-Discussion Thread

bcb1213

18 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

11.7 / 32.20

12.20 / 15.7

Written in a way I understand, is this the offer?

I’m game for this. Go ahead and pick if that was your intention 

3 minutes ago, Trojan said:

I don't understand the rules about Veto and I think they might be incomplete. I don't want to "threatens the competitive balance of the CMD" even if it's 1 of 1 person feeling that way so I won't do the trade.

I think the veto issue is with how far you move on the second pick.

How bout this instead:

11.7 / 23.7

12.20 / 15.7

Shaves 9+ rounds off your drop. You comfortable with that?

3 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

How bout this instead:

11.7 / 23.7

12.20 / 15.7

I think this one is more reasonable personally.

4 minutes ago, RTTRUTH said:

How bout this instead:

11.7 / 23.7

12.20 / 15.7

Seems more reasonable to me as well.

4 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

I think this one is more reasonable personally.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Perfectly fine as well.

To clarify: people are allowed to win trades, but egregiously disproportionate trades are subject to review, and the standard for that review is not necessarily past practice (comparable trades).

When they shifted discussion to public, I viewed 400 slots as sufficiently shocking to warrant that scrutiny.

I’ll defer on the matter, and appears resolved anyway.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SwAg said:

To clarify: people are allowed to win trades, but egregiously disproportionate trades are subject to review, and the standard for that review is not necessarily past practice (comparable trades).

When they shifted discussion to public, I viewed 400 slots as sufficiently shocking to warrant that scrutiny.

I’ll defer on the matter, and appears resolved anyway.

I never PM any of my initial offers (though if I'm PM'd I respond in PM) I post because I don't want to mess it up for others, but also if I low ball someone can snipe it and beat the offer. I have no qualms being veto'd and it doesn't take any fun out of the event for me. I have never done a draft like this (I do the regular draft class ones where there is an established trade value chart to at least guide), so I had no idea what a reasonable offer would look like. I made what I thought would be a potentially winning offer, but since the pick is so far away I figured I'd need to go for a huge drop on the second half. I was wrong, and that's fine. I have a three person board anyways so the chance the guy I want to target makes it to my next pick might be low, but probably one of them does. If not my board expands to a much greater pool anyways.

Edited by Trojan

I think people who haven't done this before don't realize how drastic the talent drop can be throughout the CMD, but also, you had to have realized that dropping from the 15th to the 32nd round was not appropriate value for moving up a round.