IDOG_det

GOTW  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What game should be the GOTW?

• #1 Georgia @ #10 Auburn
    • #3 Notre Dame @ #7 Miami
    • #6 TCU @ #5 Oklahoma

28 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Everyone else: "Yea, look at that play in (insert one of the many big games happening right now)."

TM: "WE GOT YA NAO, KANSAS!"

Texas football has fallen. But trust me, I feel your pain. ;)

YOU WILL NOT STEAL MY JOY YOU JOY THIEF 

Just now, Thelonebillsfan said:

Alabama is very, very vulnerable this year.

They have feasted on a very weak schedule.

If Auburn and Alabama both play like they did today, Auburn definitely takes them down.

4 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Teams need to embrace sort of what KC did. On a play like that, have a guy cross 5-10 yards short and throw a bullet to him. Try to let him run it in while the focus is on all the guys running to the end-zone.

Personally always had this idea but ive never seen it...

Trips to the right, back to the right of the QB, trips all streak, single receiver runs deep post in to draw safety over, meanwhile RB runs delayed cross field wheel route to left side. Make it a 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 instead of a 3/4 vs. 7/8

5 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Georgia or Auburn will beat them, Miss St ran with impunity most of the game and aren't half as talented as either of those teams. 

Alabama had an off-night. I wouldn't buy too much into it. Plus, Auburn and Georgia don't have a QB who can run like Nick Fitzgerald.

Just now, jrry32 said:

Alabama had an off-night. I wouldn't buy too much into it. Plus, Auburn and Georgia don't have a QB who can run like Nick Fitzgerald.

Nah I have never, ever bought into the aura of invincibility. Alabama has very clear and exploitable weaknesses on the defensive end. And Stidham can run, he was the #1 DT QB in his class.

1 minute ago, riceman80 said:

Personally always had this idea but ive never seen it...

Trips to the right, back to the right of the QB, trips all streak, single receiver runs deep post in to draw safety over, meanwhile RB runs delayed cross field wheel route to left side. Make it a 1 on 1 or 1 on 2 instead of a 3/4 vs. 7/8

It's possible, but teams generally drop 8 in that situation. You'd have to hope they don't pay attention to the HB. My thought has always been to go empty with quads on one side. Have three guys run gos from a bunch set with the fourth guy running an extremely deep dig.(this only works if you're 25-40 yards out) Your QB will have to throw at just the right time, but if he throws a bullet right when the WR makes the break on the opposing team's five or so yard-line, you might be able to hit him before the defenders can get to the middle of the end-zone to react.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Nah I have never, ever bought into the aura of invincibility. Alabama has very clear and exploitable weaknesses on the defensive end. And Stidham can run, he was the #1 DT QB in his class.

Stidham can't run like Fitzgerald. It's not about there being an aura of invincibility. Alabama is beatable. Issue is that they had their beatable game tonight and still won. I'm not saying it's impossible, but I don't agree with the conclusions you're drawing from this game. Alabama might lose, but Mississippi State running on them doesn't guarantee that Auburn or Georgia does.

Personally, I think a team like Ohio State or Oklahoma might be able to beat them if they make it to the CFP.

Archived