Cam Sims to Re-Sign with us

Thaiphoon

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You could always make it longer with voidable years though. 

You could, and a lot of us are high on Sims, but I also think we're the highest in the league too. Don't necessarily need to outbid ourselves.

And he might be betting on himself again. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

You could always make it longer with voidable years though. 

Thats how I was feeling or at least a very minimal cap hit.

But @MikeT14 might be right and Sims is betting he breaks out.  I guess it was just the quote of "I'm signing my one year deal" that sounded like that was all we offered.

I am just in the mode of assuming the worst about the front office now as they don't seem to be operating particularly professionally or executing anything close to a pre-thought out plan which is kind of what you would expect/hope for in offseason number 3.  

Anyways really good news he is back.  More times than not, when given an opportunity, he made a difference.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/17/2022 at 11:27 AM, MikeT14 said:

You could, and a lot of us are high on Sims, but I also think we're the highest in the league too. Don't necessarily need to outbid ourselves.

And he might be betting on himself again. 

Yeah, some are high on something alright! Whether it’s high on sims or some recreational substance! 😂 

I think Sims is a #4 type WR. It’s two coaching staffs now that didn’t give him  much playing time until they had to bc of injuries to others. Now, I think he makes good on his opportunities but he must be consistent enough to be considered a true #2 or 3 WR otherwise they wouldn’t have tried to upgrade him in FA & the draft.