Packers trade WR Davante Adams to the Raiders

deltarich87

Just now, PackFan13 said:

He'll have a shorter season than he's used to, that's for sure. 

Pretty ******* amazing eh? For who knows how long we're all kinda figuring AR was gonna be the one heading to the AFCW......instead........

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leader said:

No.

7M this year and next.

UFA in 2024

I can't see it. 

The biggest selling point on trading for Adams is having an offense with Adams, Waller, Renfrow, Moreau, Jacobs and Drake in the backfield. Gives you 2 all pro pass catchers in Adams and Waller and one of the best slot receivers in the NFL. 

Sure Adams is the better player, and I would trade Waller for Adams straight up. But if I'm giving up a first and a second for the best WR in the NFL, I'm not following it up by giving up my top 3 NFL TE mismatch nightmare that is on a very friendly deal for the next 2 years. 

I was worried Waller would be involved in the trade, and I hated that idea. I'd rather give up the first and the second than a first and Waller or whatever. 

I think this move makes a lot of sense for both sides honestly. Long term it could turn out to be a homerun for the Packers but I'm sure it's still bittersweet. 

Best of luck this season. My best friend is a Packer fan and I told him the same thing, I hope we see each other in the SB next year haha. 

Edit - Just saw you hadn't seen the terms yet and were still operating under the belief the deal included picks and a player. My bad. 

Edited by Mr Raider
  • Like 2

Damn I wish we had gotten this taken care of when guys like Kirk or Robinson were still in the market. I could see us snap up Z (I sort of like Clowney or Hughes too as the third rusher) and Douglas and go ham in the draft at WR (not in the first though, and everybody will freak out). 

Just now, Mr Raider said:

I can't see it. 

The biggest selling point on trading for Adams is having an offense with Adams, Waller, Renfrow, Moreau, Jacobs and Drake in the backfield. Gives you 2 all pro pass catchers in Adams and Waller and one of the best slot receivers in the NFL. 

Sure Adams is the better player, and I would trade Waller for Adams straight up. But if I'm giving up a first and a second for the best WR in the NFL, I'm not following it up by giving up my top 3 NFL TE mismatch nightmare that is on a very friendly deal for the next 2 years. 

I was worried Waller would be involved in the trade, and I hated that idea. I'd rather give up the first and the second than a first and Waller or whatever. 

I think this move makes a lot of sense for both sides honestly. Long term it could turn out to be a homerun for the Packers but I'm sure it's still bittersweet. 

Best of luck this season. My best friend is a Packer fan and I told him the same thing, I hope we see each other in the SB next year haha. 

It's not happening. When I was commenting about wanting Waller to come over.....I thought players were coming our was as well. Not the case.

• Like 1