Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

39 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

That's not like what I'm saying at all.  I never said that Kraft did any of those things, I'm saying having more money than Watson doesn't make him a bigger target because the money he has makes him borderline unf***withable. 

You're using strawman.  I didn't accuse Kraft of anything, I don't care about his case or how it relates to DeShaun.  I'm just pointing out that being worth $8 billion doesn't mean you're more likely to get sued for sexual assault.  It makes it more likely you can satisfy whatever perversions you have without repercussion. 

16 hours ago, Rod Johnson said:

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that anybody as rich as Kraft could probably get away with human trafficking or sexual assault on a pretty large scale without any public accusations.

I agree that it has nothing to do with Watson though. 

If Deshaun Watson was worth $8.4 billion, I don't think we hear about any of these accusations. 

You said he could have done those things and no one would know. That doesn't seem likely unless everyone involved is a sellout. If everyone in Watson's cases were sellouts (hopefully minus the police and court systems) then he could have got away with it too. Give them all a million dollar settlement every time they approached. He didn't. Here we are. Kraft couldn't have paid off the sting officers, court systems, massage girls, media, etc... and not one single person made a stand. 

Obviously the rich have different rules because they can hire great attorneys or those who are friends with any particular judge and donate to whatever whoever wants that donation but it doesn't make you untouchable.  I 100% think if Kraft did anything to multiple people against their will it would be out there just like it is with Watson. Just like it would be with me. Obviously the more victims there are the better chance one comes forward. You could get "lucky" a few times but if you have 50 victims you'd think at least a dozen would shout about it and then others would follow.

15 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He hasn’t been found guilty or admitted to any crimes. Is there any precedent for the league suspending a player without any proof of guilt? The longer this goes on the more I think he won’t face a suspension this season. 

Ray Lewis. Ben Roethlisberger. Zeke. Vincent Jackson was suspended 3 games for driving without a license. Pryor was suspended 5 games in the NFL for selling his Ohio state stuff while in college.

So, yeah.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JDD said:

Can I just say you are making way to much sense and using way to much logic 

Well I'm still anti-Watson at the moment. If I someday change my mind and like Watson then I'll be making excuses or comparing dozens of sexual misconduct cases to some guy being with a prostitute. Maybe those girls did make it all up and Watson never disrespected a woman in his life.

Yeah, I don't know how it will play out with me yet. I'd really like to see a lifetime ban so I can just think about football even if this whole ordeal set us back a decade.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He hasn’t been found guilty or admitted to any crimes. Is there any precedent for the league suspending a player without any proof of guilt? The longer this goes on the more I think he won’t face a suspension this season. 

Kraft, 79, was accused of paying for sex acts at the Orchids of Asia Day spa in Jupiter, Florida, on consecutive days in January 2019. Kraft pleaded not guilty but issued a public apology for his actions.

Palm Beach County prosecutors lost a key court decision this week that led to the court tossing video and audio surveillance of Kraft allegedly soliciting a woman at the Orchids of Asia Day spa.

"Although there was probable cause to make an arrest, the evidence cannot prove all legally required elements of the crime alleged and is insufficient to support a criminal prosecution."

***He was fined 500k by the NFL with 0 time away from team***

They HAD evidence suggesting crime and didnt even do anything. I know the situations are not identical, but man.....500k? And you had video evidence of solicitation of illegal prostitutes MULTIPLE times. Sheeeesh

If that wasnt enough--a few accusations remaining with no evidence for Watson at all lets me believe this is going to be under 6 games. The 6 games is just going to be for the NFL to give people their pound of flesh they want.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Well I'm still anti-Watson at the moment. If I someday change my mind and like Watson then I'll be making excuses or comparing dozens of sexual misconduct cases to some guy being with a prostitute. Maybe those girls did make it all up and Watson never disrespected a woman in his life.

Yeah, I don't know how it will play out with me yet. I'd really like to see a lifetime ban so I can just think about football even if this whole ordeal set us back a decade.

I wish they would have taken the first No as his word and moved on. Maybe set up a blockbuster trade for CJ Stroud or something to move on from Baker.

I have no idea how I feel for the reasons that I have seen listed.   I agree innocent until proven guilty so I can’t say I am 100% against him playing.   Civil cases mean nothing for guilt. Now his biggest issue is if  he keeps getting people to come forward. Eventually someone has some sort of evidence that could be an issue. 

If I had to guess we won’t see him play this year so maybe time will heal the issue at hand of him being a ******* weird *** creep

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Kraft, 79, was accused of paying for sex acts at the Orchids of Asia Day spa in Jupiter, Florida, on consecutive days in January 2019. Kraft pleaded not guilty but issued a public apology for his actions.

Palm Beach County prosecutors lost a key court decision this week that led to the court tossing video and audio surveillance of Kraft allegedly soliciting a woman at the Orchids of Asia Day spa.

"Although there was probable cause to make an arrest, the evidence cannot prove all legally required elements of the crime alleged and is insufficient to support a criminal prosecution."

***He was fined 500k by the NFL with 0 time away from team***

They HAD evidence suggesting crime and didnt even do anything. I know the situations are not identical, but man.....500k? And you had video evidence of solicitation of illegal prostitutes MULTIPLE times. Sheeeesh

If that wasnt enough--a few accusations remaining with no evidence for Watson at all lets me believe this is going to be under 6 games. The 6 games is just going to be for the NFL to give people their pound of flesh they want.

No player has ever been suspended for soliciting prostitution (and Watson admitted that he did have consensual relations with therapists that he paid for so that is the definition of it) even though none has been convicted since the start of this CBA that I know of.

I don't think the NFL suspends Watson for the therapists that agreed to perform sexual acts for money. It's only going to be the ones that said no and he didn't accept the answer and did stuff (not rape...well one claim). So Kraft gets no suspension and fined 5ook for soliciting prostitution and Watson will get no suspension and no fine for the exact same thing. So if you want to see Watson it may not help trying to get Kraft suspended for that.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

You said he could have done those things and no one would know. That doesn't seem likely unless everyone involved is a sellout. If everyone in Watson's cases were sellouts (hopefully minus the police and court systems) then he could have got away with it too. Give them all a million dollar settlement every time they approached. He didn't. Here we are. Kraft couldn't have paid off the sting officers, court systems, massage girls, media, etc... and not one single person made a stand. 

Obviously the rich have different rules because they can hire great attorneys or those who are friends with any particular judge and donate to whatever whoever wants that donation but it doesn't make you untouchable.  I 100% think if Kraft did anything to multiple people against their will it would be out there just like it is with Watson. Just like it would be with me. Obviously the more victims there are the better chance one comes forward. You could get "lucky" a few times but if you have 50 victims you'd think at least a dozen would shout about it and then others would follow.

Once again you're talking about Robert Kraft's case.

I am talking about Deshaun Watson's case.

If Deshaun Watson was worth $8.4 billion this would never happen. 

Tony Buzbee isn't doing anything to $8.4 billion.

The feds aren't launching a sting operation to see if Deshaun is pulling his peter out in front of instagram models/masseuses.  It's gross but it's not a crime on the level the feds would investigate. 

$8.4 billion Deshaun isnt taking the Instagram route to get his rocks off in the first place. 

The idea Robert Kraft's wealth should make it more likely that he'd be targeted in this way is preposterous. 

I didn't say nobody would know, I said there would be no public accusations.  You can choose to believe that or not, maybe I'm totally wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of that going on among the elites.

Edited by Rod Johnson

36 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Once again you're talking about Robert Kraft's case.

I am talking about Deshaun Watson's case.

If Deshaun Watson was worth $8.4 billion this would never happen. 

Tony Buzbee isn't doing anything to $8.4 billion.

The feds aren't launching a sting operation to see if Deshaun is pulling his peter out in front of instagram models/masseuses.  It's gross but it's not a crime on the level the feds would investigate. 

$8.4 billion Deshaun isnt taking the Instagram route to get his rocks off in the first place. 

The idea Robert Kraft's wealth should make it more likely that he'd be targeted in this way is preposterous. 

I didn't say nobody would know, I said there would be no public accusations.  You can choose to believe that or not, maybe I'm totally wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of that going on among the elites.

Yeah I'm sure it goes on, if they are sick. It goes on everywhere by all walks of life, there are a lot of sick people. Most times it isn't reported no matter who does it.

I think it's fine to accuse people as a whole but I wouldn't start targeting individual people who haven't been accused. People believe you when you do that. A decent percentage of people believe Kraft had something to do with human trafficking. It keeps getting repeated and more people believe it.

I 100% think that the system wouldn't protect a billionaire. Maybe at times but if a Kansas girl filed something in her area I don't think a billionaire could (or maybe would) throw around enough money to get the PD, attorneys, victims etc... to not say anything. Hell, if I gave everyone on this site 1 million dollars to never like one of LGB's posts again I suspect they would still be adding up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

No player has ever been suspended for soliciting prostitution (and Watson admitted that he did have consensual relations with therapists that he paid for so that is the definition of it) even though none has been convicted since the start of this CBA that I know of.

I don't think the NFL suspends Watson for the therapists that agreed to perform sexual acts for money. It's only going to be the ones that said no and he didn't accept the answer and did stuff (not rape...well one claim). So Kraft gets no suspension and fined 5ook for soliciting prostitution and Watson will get no suspension and no fine for the exact same thing. So if you want to see Watson it may not help trying to get Kraft suspended for that.

Thats my point, Kraft got nothing because there is no 'hard' evidence just like Watson. Thats why I wouldnt be shocked in the slightest if this was a much smaller suspension than most are anticipating. The bar was set with Kraft that hard evidence needs to exist in order for punishment. As long as this Watson thing is just a bunch of he say/she say with consensual sex mixed in with a few cases--its going to be in that 4-6 game range--not the 10-17+ most think.

Edited by AkronsWitness

52 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Kraft got nothing because there is no 'hard' evidence just like Watson

Kraft wasn't criminally prosecuted because the hard evidence was suppressed.

Watson was not criminally prosecuted because there was no hard evidence.

Big difference.

34 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Kraft wasn't criminally prosecuted because the hard evidence was suppressed.

Watson was not criminally prosecuted because there was no hard evidence.

Big difference.

Kraft was never accused of forcing anything. That is a HUGE difference.

Watson admitted to paying for sex with some therapists. That is hard evidence.

Kraft admitted to getting happy endings. Watson similar. Neither will likely get suspended for soliciting prostitution. Watson is going to be suspended for for the 28 claims of sexual misconduct and sexual assault. Which he already settled 20 cases meaning he pretty much admitted he caused damages which he compensated them for. Much like Roethlisberger who was suspended for his deeds (not proven, he said/she said).

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Thats my point, Kraft got nothing because there is no 'hard' evidence just like Watson. Thats why I wouldnt be shocked in the slightest if this was a much smaller suspension than most are anticipating. The bar was set with Kraft that hard evidence needs to exist in order for punishment. As long as this Watson thing is just a bunch of he say/she say with consensual sex mixed in with a few cases--its going to be in that 4-6 game range--not the 10-17+ most think.

There was evidence, the NFL probably never saw it but it happened and he said it happened. He did force or attempt to force things. That the difference.