Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I’m talk about settling in general not necessarily the specifics, but then again I’ve always been monogamous and this is probably TMI but I’ve only ever been with my wife and we waited for marriage, so there’d be zero evidence against me and I’m fighting/counter suing as well in that instance. I’m speaking purely in a scenario where it’s he said/she said and a 50/50 civil scenario at best.

If we're just talking a generic case I agree. I'm only including specific charges because we know what the specific charges are and that is something I'd fight. I'd be interested to hear claims of people that settled sexual abuse/misconduct/assault cases even though they were completely innocent. How did it work out for you, are there any regrets.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

If we're just talking a generic case I agree. I'm only including specific charges because we know what the specific charges are and that is something I'd fight. I'd be interested to hear claims of people that settled sexual abuse/misconduct/assault cases even though they were completely innocent. How did it work out for you, are there any regrets.

I settled an assault cases when I was 18 that was 100% made up against me.  We were at a party and a girl I used to “date” came with 2 dudes and another girl who went to our high school.  The dudes were 22+ and one dated the other girl. Long and short these dudes and couple other guys I know got into a fight, the two older guys started it. They got in one guys face and started pushing him. Well you know when you **** around you find out. They got the **** kicked out of them.  They then called the cops on us when they left because we were drinking underage.  Then the one guy lost his phone (this was 2000 so you had to file a police report to get your phone cover or he said we stole it I guess).  Well at some point they pressed charges for the assault and said they were jumped.  The girls signed statements and the one guy did.  The other guy didn’t and also was not mentioned at all in the statement.  Weird, found out later he had 2 warrants so he was conveniently left out.  

So in the statement they said I kicked a guy in the face when he was on the ground.  Little did the people who made this statement know is I had a broken bone behind my toes about 3 days before, foot was swollen and black and blue.  You don’t wear a cast for that you just have to wear hard sole shoes. So if I would have kicked this guy I bet my *** would have been on the ground crying. Since I could hardly walk without cringing and having sharp pain in my foot. But since they had 2 witnesses and the victim saying I did it was them against me. 3 of my friends got in trouble for this too. Everyone plead guilty ended up with disorderly conduct, $200 fine, and probation for 2 years. It sucked but if I would have fought it and lost it could have been 6 month in and $1000 fine.  My lawyer didn’t think the witnesses would show for my court date because they wanted my one friend to get in trouble for the fight they started.  So he was shocked when they showed up.  That made me think he didn’t really prepare for the case.  He went and asked what I wanted to do, take the deal or go to trial. I said it’s a he said vs. she said and they have more people.  Why leave that to the judge. 

Long and short I did settle a case I was innocent of.  The people who charged me had an ax to grind and that ******* sucked.  Had to pay a bit of a cost and learned some good lessons. Oh and here is the kicker. About 4 years later the girl who dated the older guy admitted they just wanted to get some of the people at the party in trouble because they hated them in HS. She came to my house in college and hooked up with my roommate. Guess I was one of them because the girl I dated wanted to get back at me. 

I settled because I didn’t think I could win. The only people who could say I didn’t do it was the people in the fight.  I didn’t think there was a way for me to win that case.  The fine and probation were minor so I wasn’t too worried about it.  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, JDD said:

I settled an assault cases when I was 18 that was 100% made up against me.  We were at a party and a girl I used to “date” came with 2 dudes and another girl who went to our high school.  The dudes were 22+ and one dated the other girl. Long and short these dudes and couple other guys I know got into a fight, the two older guys started it. They got in one guys face and started pushing him. Well you know when you **** around you find out. They got the **** kicked out of them.  They then called the cops on us when they left because we were drinking underage.  Then the one guy lost his phone (this was 2000 so you had to file a police report to get your phone cover or he said we stole it I guess).  Well at some point they pressed charges for the assault and said they were jumped.  The girls signed statements and the one guy did.  The other guy didn’t and also was not mentioned at all in the statement.  Weird, found out later he had 2 warrants so he was conveniently left out.  

So in the statement they said I kicked a guy in the face when he was on the ground.  Little did the people who made this statement know is I had a broken bone behind my toes about 3 days before, foot was swollen and black and blue.  You don’t wear a cast for that you just have to wear hard sole shoes. So if I would have kicked this guy I bet my *** would have been on the ground crying. Since I could hardly walk without cringing and having sharp pain in my foot. But since they had 2 witnesses and the victim saying I did it was them against me. 3 of my friends got in trouble for this too. Everyone plead guilty ended up with disorderly conduct, $200 fine, and probation for 2 years. It sucked but if I would have fought it and lost it could have been 6 month in and $1000 fine.  My lawyer didn’t think the witnesses would show for my court date because they wanted my one friend to get in trouble for the fight they started.  So he was shocked when they showed up.  That made me think he didn’t really prepare for the case.  He went and asked what I wanted to do, take the deal or go to trial. I said it’s a he said vs. she said and they have more people.  Why leave that to the judge. 

Long and short I did settle a case I was innocent of.  The people who charged me had an ax to grind and that ******* sucked.  Had to pay a bit of a cost and learned some good lessons. Oh and here is the kicker. About 4 years later the girl who dated the older guy admitted they just wanted to get some of the people at the party in trouble because they hated them in HS. She came to my house in college and hooked up with my roommate. Guess I was one of them because the girl I dated wanted to get back at me. 

I settled because I didn’t think I could win. The only people who could say I didn’t do it was the people in the fight.  I didn’t think there was a way for me to win that case.  The fine and probation were minor so I wasn’t too worried about it.  

Small world, I was the guy who lost my phone. P.S. I told Webby you threatened me in pm.

Just kidding and in a case like that with or without a great chance to lose it's no big deal to settle... unless your career choice needs no violent criminal record. There is no stigma attached. If it was that you assaulted a woman and you didn't I'd fight that every time no matter the circumstances. Same with it being against a child or animal or a sexual assault/misconduct case. I'm doing everything I can to clear my name much like Watson said he was going to do before he changed his mind.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2022 at 9:52 PM, Thomas5737 said:

How so? He was being sued for damages and reached a dollar amount settlement with the plaintiffs that satisfied them.

What am I missing?

Not what you are missing, Thomas, it's what you are adding.

Your takes on the Watson thing are the most extreme in the forum.

Others talk about things like concern for their daughters. I have three. I taught them all to kick a guy in the nuts if they felt uncomfortable with how a male was touching them. One actually did in grade school. It was a hilarious episode for me, explaining to the principal of her school that the problem was that the young man had touched her not even there yet breasts and that she simply responded -- correctly -- as she was taught.

Your issue, given your negative/slanted/biased takes on everything Watson seems to run deep.

The remorse of a perpetrator or scars of a victim deep. Psychological, for sure.

There are a number of young ladies laughing all the way to the bank for the money they have been paid for "damages".

Their lawyer is laughing even more at the 40% of the "damages" that he is taking as fees.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

Your issue, given your negative/slanted/biased takes on everything Watson seems to run deep.

The remorse of a perpetrator or scars of a victim deep. Psychological, for sure.

There are a number of young ladies laughing all the way to the bank for the money they have been paid for "damages".

Yes, I am the one with psychological issues even though you are claiming being sexually mistreated can be like winning a lottery.

I haven't be on either side of this but like many I have people close to me that suffered a great deal. No, they didn't get their chance to laugh all the way to the bank but I really doubt that they would have if they got money out of the 13 year step-brother and his friend. Fortunately I think both were too young to remember but this mfer never has.

• Like 2

On 7/2/2022 at 1:08 PM, Thomas5737 said:

If it was criminal mischief or vandalism or something like that sure. That's a lot different than being labeled a sexual predator though, I'm fighting that **** (excrement).

To be fair, Watson was prepared to fight criminal charges and they didn’t get past grand jury. 

Also to be fair, the grand jury is usually strong advantage to prosecution.  A very high percentage of cases taken to a grand jury continue on.  That being said, it is perhaps telling, criminally speaking, that it didn’t even get past grand jury.  Perhaps though, prosecution heart wasn’t in it and they didn’t push hard.  That I don’t know.  

Civil cases and settlement of same are often based on monetary and other considerations rather than justice or right and wrong.

Sadly so are criminal cases.

I am not going to judge Watson on law without hearing both sides of all evidence.  I think it is clear from just allegations he acted immorally and foolishly. 

No matter what happens going forward it has cost him and will continue to do so forever in various ways.

On 7/5/2022 at 12:39 AM, Thomas5737 said:

Yes, I am the one with psychological issues even though you are claiming being sexually mistreated can be like winning a lottery.

I haven't be on either side of this but like many I have people close to me that suffered a great deal. No, they didn't get their chance to laugh all the way to the bank but I really doubt that they would have if they got money out of the 13 year step-brother and his friend. Fortunately I think both were too young to remember but this mfer never has.

It doesn't sound like he's claiming that "being sexually mistreated can be like winning the lottery". It comes down to what the truth is, on a case by case basis.  I hear "they can't all be lying".  That begs the question "how many of them are telling the truth?" For some, even one of them lying discredits the rest.  I don't believe that way, but that is how things happen.  Do you believe they are ALL telling the truth? If you don't believe they are ALL telling the truth, then yes, someone rode some coattails to a nice size pay day for sticking to the story.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MalcolmBrown said:

It doesn't sound like he's claiming that "being sexually mistreated can be like winning the lottery". It comes down to what the truth is, on a case by case basis.  I hear "they can't all be lying".  That begs the question "how many of them are telling the truth?" For some, even one of them lying discredits the rest.  I don't believe that way, but that is how things happen.  Do you believe they are ALL telling the truth? If you don't believe they are ALL telling the truth, then yes, someone rode some coattails to a nice size pay day for sticking to the story.

Gun to my head I believe they are all telling the truth. Obviously Watson has a problem with how to act with women in that field so odds are he was going to be inappropriate or worse to any of them. 

I certainly would believe any of their side of the story even though I know nothing about them over Watson who is an obvious liar and sexual deviant. It's just math. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Gun to my head I believe they are all telling the truth. Obviously Watson has a problem with how to act with women in that field so odds are he was going to be inappropriate or worse to any of them. 

I certainly would believe any of their side of the story even though I know nothing about them over Watson who is an obvious liar and sexual deviant. It's just math. 

I certainly won't disagree with your point of view, it is your right to have it.  I HOPE they are all telling the truth.  I don't want to question any of it.

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 12:39 AM, Thomas5737 said:

Proof positive of my point.

Injecting your thoughts into someone else's words.

Get some help.

Think I read somewhere that if the judge does not impose suspension, it is out of Goodell's hands.

If that's the case, wouldn't it be sweet if she doesn't impose suspension, but some stuff like mandatory counseling, public service, and charitable contributions, and Fs Goodell?

18 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Proof positive of my point.

Injecting your thoughts into someone else's words.

Get some help.

Get sexually abused and laugh all the way to the bank. Better?

It's hard to even converse with you because you said what he was accused of is just what young men do. Boys will be boys. It's not what decent people do.

13 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Think I read somewhere that if the judge does not impose suspension, it is out of Goodell's hands.

If that's the case, wouldn't it be sweet if she doesn't impose suspension, but some stuff like mandatory counseling, public service, and charitable contributions, and Fs Goodell?

The person that Goodell hired? She would make sure it was out of his hands? Pretty sure her ruling will be what he (the owners) wants.