Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

1 minute ago, Vee-Rex said:

For me, it strongly asserts that the one woman is lying, or highly embellishing on her interaction with Deshaun. I'm not sure taking a shot at Josina's credibility does you any favors. No one's perfect and she could be wrong but she's one of the more reputable reporters out there.

I don’t think he’s taking a shot at her credibility, I’m sure she may have been told that.  I think it’s more a matter of just hearing something third hand or whatever isn’t necessarily proof of anything 

1 minute ago, Vee-Rex said:

For me, it strongly asserts that the one woman is lying, or highly embellishing on her interaction with Deshaun. I'm not sure taking a shot at Josina's credibility does you any favors. No one's perfect and she could be wrong but she's one of the more reputable reporters out there.

Why would it strongly assert anything? Someone told someone that someone's son hinted at something. 

I don't care if it was someone's son or sister or whatever you don't know how someone (potentially a victim) actually felt. It certainly proves nothing. 

4 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Where have I ever said that it isnt shameful for the ones that likely had something happen to them? Im simply pointing out, like I have said from day 1 of this whole thing, that I personally believe that there is a good handful that are looking for a payday by either 1) lying like the women reported did or 2) embellished the details of what actually happened in order to get a payday.

In no way are any of these acts acceptable from either side. I just want the ones who are lying/embellishing for monetary gain to be outed the same way Watson is and for using the women who were harassed as a crutch for their own personal gain.

And that’s not going to happen for the exact same reason he wasn’t indicted, there’s no way to prove that.  Unless one of them decided to send an email detailing her plan to someone who wants to tell police or the like, it’s a he said/she said situation.

4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Well right now there are still like 25 others that don’t have any evidence of being money driven and when you can still measure the number in dozens, he’s got a ways to go before we should be doubting too much imo.

Josina's tweets aren't really news to me. Hardin already filed court documents claiming he had evidence on a lot of women based on their interactions with friends/families after their encounters with Deshaun. Deleted accounts, text messages, etc... all showing a celebratory/bragging nature for quite a bit of them. And it sounds like Deshaun's team may have had evidence against the 5 women the NFL used in the disciplinary hearing. Just because we are in the dark on that evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In the very least, this recent leak suggests he could be telling the truth.

With all that said, maybe Hardin was full of ****. It's entirely possible, though I'm not sure why he would actual file court paperwork with those claims if he was full of ****. Generally you let the **** air out in the media so you don't have to substantiate it.

Florio speculates that Watson's team is going to be aggressive within the next few weeks to soften the landing of public opinion blowback from news of a smaller suspension. There's a chance today's tweets were just the beginning.

At the end of the day, we just gotta wait and see.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Why would it strongly assert anything? Someone told someone that someone's son hinted at something. 

I don't care if it was someone's son or sister or whatever you don't know how someone (potentially a victim) actually felt. It certainly proves nothing. 

Do you understand how witness/third-party testimony works? It's evidence, bro.

Josina's source, being involved in the hearing, has said that the NFLPA presented audio evidence of the son saying his mom not only was complimentary of Deshaun, but intent on silencing him about said compliments.

If you're expecting video evidence of the encounter in question then you're a bit out of touch with reality. This strongly impacts the credibility of that one woman, which is why it was brought forth in the disciplinary hearing.

8 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

Josina's tweets aren't really news to me. Hardin already filed court documents claiming he had evidence on a lot of women based on their interactions with friends/families after their encounters with Deshaun. Deleted accounts, text messages, etc... all showing a celebratory/bragging nature for quite a bit of them. And it sounds like Deshaun's team may have had evidence against the 5 women the NFL used in the disciplinary hearing. Just because we are in the dark on that evidence doesn't mean it doesn't exist. In the very least, this recent leak suggests he could be telling the truth.

With all that said, maybe Hardin was full of ****. It's entirely possible, though I'm not sure why he would actual file court paperwork with those claims if he was full of ****. Generally you let the **** air out in the media so you don't have to substantiate it.

Florio speculates that Watson's team is going to be aggressive within the next few weeks to soften the landing of public opinion blowback from news of a smaller suspension. There's a chance today's tweets were just the beginning.

Thats my whole point to this I guess. Its pretty naïve to think that 'its just one' that got outed for lying if you really step back and look at the amount of accusers and timelines. Its not just one, I bet its a lot and they also deserve to be drug through the same mud Watson is in.

lNUh0uV.gif

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think he’s taking a shot at her credibility, I’m sure she may have been told that.  I think it’s more a matter of just hearing something third hand or whatever isn’t necessarily proof of anything 

I guess I don't understand the stance. Feel free to quantify it if you'd like (70% chance Josina's source is right, 30% chance it isn't), but this certainly will affect that plaintiff's credibility.

If you heard third hand that there's audio evidence your wife is cheating on you, you're probably going to investigate it or at least take it seriously lol. Don't see how anyone can just handwave it away and pretend Josina's tweets are meaningless just because "It isn't hard proof".

3 minutes ago, Vee-Rex said:

You’re not wrong.

For me, whether it’s 10, 15, or all 26 or whatever, it’s fairly irrelevant.  *IMO* he clearly did something and likely to multiple women and deserves to be suspended for his actions.  Would it shock me if some were chasing a quick payday?  No,  it it’s just kind of irrelevant to me.  It’s not how many lied, the important number is how many didn’t.

All that said, I’ve maintained since the beginning I don’t expect a huge suspension.  8-10 games.  I expect to see him play this season.  Right, wrong or indifferent, I had no expectations of a full season suspension being upheld without an indictment.

• Like 2

It seems like the nfl doesnt have a lot of leverage with the murky waters on the details and their own lack of accountability with Snyder and Kraft, who are "Held to a higher standard" If synder isnt ousted from the league for sex trafficking, misogyny, theft etc then Watson shouldnt be suspended. 

4 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

It seems like the nfl doesnt have a lot of leverage with the murky waters on the details and their own lack of accountability with Snyder and Kraft, who are "Held to a higher standard" If synder isnt ousted from the league for sex trafficking, misogyny, theft etc then Watson shouldnt be suspended. 

Lol I have no expectation that the owners would actually follow through with that standard.

51 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol I have no expectation that the owners would actually follow through with that standard.

All leverages is different, if Watson was an average kicker he doesnt get away with his sins. But the nflpa is fighting for  Watson with the written word. Which is a good thing for players, who I tend to sympathize with. 

1 hour ago, Vee-Rex said:

Do you understand how witness/third-party testimony works? It's evidence, bro.

Josina's source, being involved in the hearing, has said that the NFLPA presented audio evidence of the son saying his mom not only was complimentary of Deshaun, but intent on silencing him about said compliments.

If you're expecting video evidence of the encounter in question then you're a bit out of touch with reality. This strongly impacts the credibility of that one woman, which is why it was brought forth in the disciplinary hearing.

So her son's accounts of her feelings at two different times is 100% accurate and her own accounts of her own feelings are disregarded? That isn't very fair that a third party gets 100% credit for knowing how someone felt and the actual person gets zero. That's crazy. 

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

At my place of employment administration is also held to a higher standard but they really aren't. If they no call no show there is no discipline. Not the same for Bob. 

Okay, to be completely honest no one is really ever disciplined but Bob at least gets talked to. 

11 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

At my place of employment administration is also held to a higher standard but they really aren't. If they no call no show there is no discipline. Not the same for Bob. 

Okay, to be completely honest no one is really ever disciplined but Bob at least gets talked to. 

What is different here is that this public, worth millions for many people, and Watson has some leverage because of what is written  in players agreement.

People are currently outraged about sexual grievances, on the back of the metoo movement. 

I agree in general management arent held to a higher standard, not at any place I have worked.