Deshaun Watson is a Cleveland Brown

brownie man

9 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

You seem to be mentioning her gender a lot. As a judge I don't see how it matters.

I'm sure she will do her job like always. Look at previous cases and suspend him where it aligns in comparison to those.

From an objective standpoint I deff agree with you, but from an optics standpoint her gender will deff be taken into account when it comes to the public perception of this. It already has, and I think the NFL should take that into account. 

This ruling would be hard for anybody, but I think the two sides should come to a resolution so this woman won't have to deal with the media backlash. Just be gentlemen and come to an agreement because either way this woman will get backlash from either side depending on her ruling. That's got to be the only reason this is taking so long she's giving them time to settle. It's been weeks now ain't nothing new popping up 

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I feel you here...but he has been part of front offices that has drafted all pro's.

BUT if we look at his track record....if you dont draft an all pro...BUT you draft 7 players in within 3 years you get 6 starters and 1 KEY Backup...not missing on 1 draft.....WOW...

And looking at his 2nd draft.....Newsome II and JOK look like stars in the making.....Schwartz, Hudson, Tongia and Felton will all be key backups this year.....Fields will be a core ST. and Lecounte may start at FS in our Big Nickle look.....so that's 2 SOLID drafts.....

This year, the draft is still being looked at .....Cade York, Bell,  Emmerson and the DT from Oklahoma may all be key contributors this year......and some very good prospects in the pipeline at DE, RB and C...not to mention we have to Count Deshaun Watson as part of the next 3 draft classes IMO......

IF we have a GM that is not drafting All pro's, but drafting 5-7 NFL starters PER cycle....I'm good with that.....because if you keep picking NFL talent in 80% of your draft picks...you WILL eventually hit some all pro's and pro bowlers....IMO

Excellent point 

Dorsey 2years

Ward would not trade him straight up all of berry's picks.

Chubb would not trade him straight up for all of berry's picks.

Teller would not trade even up for Willis and 

Are new center.

Landry had a all pro season for a 4th round pick.

Obj trade opened the way for 2 all pros.

The point is had Berry added that much talent in his 2 post seasons we would be world champs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, brownie man said:

From an objective standpoint I deff agree with you, but from an optics standpoint her gender will deff be taken into account when it comes to the public perception of this. It already has, and I think the NFL should take that into account. 

This ruling would be hard for anybody, but I think the two sides should come to a resolution so this woman won't have to deal with the media backlash. Just be gentlemen and come to an agreement because either way this woman will get backlash from either side depending on her ruling. That's got to be the only reason this is taking so long she's giving them time to settle. It's been weeks now ain't nothing new popping up 

She just needs to grow up already.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I don't think Judges really take media backlash into their decisions unless it's going to cause a riot or something. This is much less stressful than the most minor criminal case. It's just how long he will be off of work.

I imagine she made her unofficial ruling and the NFL is in discussions with her. It's their league, they will get their way whether it's aggressive or lenient.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Predicting 8 games, possibly being negotiated down to 6.

I think any negotiation would make Goddell raise it. I see 0% chance Goddell lowers it at all. If you’re on Watson’s side appeal isn’t an option. 

I think 6-8 games nfl won’t appeal either. Just role with judges decision and safe face. Don’t demean her judgement.  

1 minute ago, Thomas5737 said:

So you're saying the NFLPA is being insincere since they expect a positive outcome?

You're probably right.

This will at least be good news for future predators.

Sue will recommend 6 and Goodell will “look tougher” and say 8.