Juju Smith-Schuster to the Chiefs

TheRealMcCoy

18 hours ago, 43M said:

Couple things to clear up.

First off, no, Ben did not lose his arm strength before Juju got there.   Hell, all you had to do was watch some of Juju's early highlights and you could easily see that.

Secondly, Juju's issues went beyond Ben.  After AB left, he was getting more attention and he wasn't getting open nearly as much.   You could see that he regularly struggled to get separation, and ALOT of his catches were contested.   Fortunately, he is good at catching contested balls, but its not like he was constantly getting open and Ben just couldnt get it to him.

As I said, KC is the absolute perfect landing spot and he should be a great compliment to Hill and Kelce and playing with the best and most dynamic passer in the NFL...but acting as if Ben was the only reason he struggled is flat out wrong.   It sure didnt help (any of our WRs), but AB leaving hurt him more because it forced him to be the main target, and that's not what he excels at.

He should excel in KC, but I hope no team rushes out to give him Christian Kirk money next year.

I just had Dwayne Jarrett flashbacks. 

I’ve always been a fan of Juju and wanted us to go after him last off-season. I’d love to wish him well, but that team that shall not be mentioned stole a Super Bowl from the Niners and I’m still too salty to wish anyone in that building good fortune. I do like Travis Kelce, so I’ll probably forgive him before anyone else.

24 minutes ago, GW21 said:

I just had Dwayne Jarrett flashbacks. 

I’ve always been a fan of Juju and wanted us to go after him last off-season. I’d love to wish him well, but that team that shall not be mentioned stole a Super Bowl from the Niners and I’m still too salty to wish anyone in that building good fortune. I do like Travis Kelce, so I’ll probably forgive him before anyone else.

I mean you guys thought Jimmy G would win you a SB, you kinda brought it on yourself there guy

20 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

I mean you guys thought Jimmy G would win you a SB, you kinda brought it on yourself there guy

It’s easy to say that now, but he was coming off a strong regular season and, while his post season wasn’t impressive, it didn’t need to be. Jimmy’s outlook after the 2019 regular season is much different than it is today. 

7 minutes ago, GW21 said:

It’s easy to say that now, but he was coming off a strong regular season and, while his post season wasn’t impressive, it didn’t need to be. Jimmy’s outlook after the 2019 regular season is much different than it is today. 

At the time I felt very similarly about him that I do now. A guy who needs everything to be great around him to carry him far. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

At the time I felt very similarly about him that I do now. A guy who needs everything to be great around him to carry him far. 

Which he had…. 

I do think a QB who led his team to a 13-3 record and to the Super Bowl definitely had a chance at winning us the big game. It really doesn’t matter at this point though, Jimmy can’t stay healthy and we’ve drafted his replacement. 

I’m a boomer. Can someone explain to me: what’s the purpose of tiktok videos? I know they’re (all? some?) dancing videos, but what’s the craze for? Do the dances - the choreography or where they do them or what song they dance to - have meaning?

• Like 1