Juju Smith-Schuster to the Chiefs

TheRealMcCoy

2 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

The money is interesting because it is more than the Chiefs or anyone offered him last year (he had a couple $9M offers from the Chiefs and Ravens). All he did last year was put up 129 yards and 0 TDs in 5 games before going out for the season. Really speaks to how the market has moved.

Edited by wackywabbit

10 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Maybe, just maybe, if you'd stfu noone would have to say anything about Tyreek Hill in a JuJu Smith-Shuster thread?

Crazy I know. 

Ps Tyreek isn't here right now, why don't ya go to his Twitter, or a Chiefs game or mail his *** a letter and tell of your frustrations there. Or you know what, just derail yet another thread with your astute observation. 🤷

I said I was done but you just had to respond. I'm sorry you have to defend a woman and child beater and people saying this stuff makes you sad. It'll be ok bc you're not his kid so you're safe

2 hours ago, CKSteeler said:

I have no clue how anyone could call Juju a piece of ****, especially if we are talking about football character. The guy has done everything his team has asked of him throughout his career and came back from what should definitely have been a season ending injury last year to play in a playoff game his team had almost no chance to win.

But yea...what a piece of garbage.

In terms of football ability, though, Juju is an old 25. He reportedly has chronic knee problems that when combined with his and the Steelers' decision to have him add muscle, has sapped him of what speed he had. He went from a guy who had sneaky speed and a way to make big plays into a guy who can barely outrun LB's. Andy Reid seems to like him, and he knows a whole lot more about offense than I ever will...but I don't see it. I think he's a shell of what he was when he first entered the league. Best bet he has is to lose weight, in my view. Get back down to his rookie weight.

It’s the same people that argue against TO making the HOF. I mean yea the dude was abrasive at times but worked his *** off, put up the numbers and stayed out of any actual trouble. Also TO wasn’t the one that got tired in the Super Bowl…

This is a really good get for KC. Not that the offense needed more firepower but he’s a huge upgrade at the #2 WR and probably #4 offensive target spot. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Not gonna defend him outright cuz I'm sure he's no angel and not gonna get into the whole discussion but his ex had a bad case of munchausen syndrome and there's even some doubt about what happened with him in college that he pled guilty to. He currently has custody of his kids, so yeah.

Again I'm not saying he's a saint but Tyreek isn't reading this forum (to my knowledge anyway lol) so everytime something even remotely involves Tyreek that dude has to tell everyone what a POS he is ad nauseam. Just gets old, as we have no control over it.

3 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

Just going to copy/paste the last thing I said when it was brought up. There’s more detail but the point isn’t to derail the thread…

—————

Since it's cool to bash, let's also educate:

Did you know, as of 2016, that 97% of people don’t see trial and instead accept plea bargains? This is to avoid potential longer sentences, fines, and/or they can't afford lawyer fees; even if they did not commit a crime.

Tyreek's ex lied about events, as evidence showed publicly and privately, and she is reported to have Munchausen Syndrome.

In a divorce, men are granted custody 18.3% of the time -- which this isn't a divorce, but you get the idea; it's rare.

The courts gave Tyreek custody of his children.

————

On a side note, it also bugs me that the handful of people who bring it up rarely get called out for taking things off topic. Only when when someone responds to it. 

I genuinely did not know these things. Thank you both for clearing it up.

As for Juju, he'll definitely fit with the offense in a #2/#3 role. Curious to see what the Chiefs do with Hardman moving forward

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

As for Juju, he'll definitely fit with the offense in a #2/#3 role. Curious to see what the Chiefs do with Hardman moving forward

He just never seems to be on the same page as Patty. He has a ton of tools just kinda of an "aw shucks, I'm in the NFL guys", not a lot of intensity unless he makes a good play. He does a lot of his damage on the quick hitters and the gadget plays so I expect a lot more of that and field stretcher stuff to be his game going forward.

He's a likable guy and great teammate just didn't take that next step we were hoping for.

3 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

He just never seems to be on the same page as Patty. He has a ton of tools just kinda of an "aw shucks, I'm in the NFL guys", not a lot of intensity unless he makes a good play. He does a lot of his damage on the quick hitters and the gadget plays so I expect a lot more of that and field stretcher stuff to be his game going forward.

He's a likable guy and great teammate just didn't take that next step we were hoping for.

Plus there’s always that…we could have had that other guy…you know, the one in Seattle, looks like a Bus moves like Ferrari…

• Like 1

JuJu Smith-Schuster is a reception catching machine with years of 97 and 111 receptions. 

I think with Tyreek Hill taking the top off of Defenses and with Travis Kelce roaming over the middle?

I'm thinking JuJu Smith-Schuster will feast for Patrick Mahomes on underneath routes and also on the outside. 

I have a feeling JuJu Smith-Schuster will lead Kansas City in catches this year.

9 minutes ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

JuJu Smith-Schuster is a reception catching machine with years of 97 and 111 receptions. 

I think with Tyreek Hill taking the top off of Defenses and with Travis Kelce roaming over the middle?

I'm thinking JuJu Smith-Schuster will feast for Patrick Mahomes on underneath routes and also on the outside. 

I have a feeling JuJu Smith-Schuster will lead Kansas City in catches this year.

I'd be real shocked if he wound up with that many targets over Kelce or Hill but I could see a 60 rec 800yards 8tds type season. Basically what Watkins was supposed to be is what I'm hoping for.

Edited by Chiefs_5627
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

I'd be real shocked if he wound up with that many targets over Kelce or Hill but I could see a 60 rec 800yards 8tds type season.

Na I think he'll become unstoppable alongside of Patrick Mahomes. 

An aging Ben Roethlisberger absolutely loved JuJu but unfortunately Big Ben lost his arm strength needed in order to fully maximize JuJu Smith-Schuster's maximum abilities/talents. 

Dude.

JuJu Smith-Schuster is going to feast for a lot more than 60 catches/800 yards because he's now surrounded by too much talent for opposing D's to focus on and Patrick Mahomes is going to exploit it.

JuJu is about to go NUTS. 

Edited by DefenseWinsChampionships
  • Like 1