Juju Smith-Schuster to the Chiefs

TheRealMcCoy

1 hour ago, DefenseWinsChampionships said:

Na I think he'll become unstoppable alongside of Patrick Mahomes. 

An aging Ben Roethlisberger absolutely loved JuJu but unfortunately Big Ben lost his arm strength needed in order to fully maximize JuJu Smith-Schuster's maximum abilities/talents. 

Dude.

JuJu Smith-Schuster is going to feast for a lot more than 60 catches/800 yards because he's now surrounded by too much talent for opposing D's to focus on and Patrick Mahomes is going to exploit it.

JuJu is about to go NUTS. 

Well I sure like your optimism and I hope you're right haha 💪

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JetsCrash said:

The rich keep getting richer. JuJu will be great on KC. 

It's ashame we never got to witness JuJu Smith-Schuster's maximum abilities due to playing with a broken down Ben Roethlisberger who had lost his arm strength before JuJu Smith-Schuster even ever arrived. 

Patrick Mahomes is going to make up for that because his arm talents are elite and JuJu Smith-Schuster will become unstoppable because of it.

• Like 1

Couple things to clear up.

First off, no, Ben did not lose his arm strength before Juju got there.   Hell, all you had to do was watch some of Juju's early highlights and you could easily see that.

Secondly, Juju's issues went beyond Ben.  After AB left, he was getting more attention and he wasn't getting open nearly as much.   You could see that he regularly struggled to get separation, and ALOT of his catches were contested.   Fortunately, he is good at catching contested balls, but its not like he was constantly getting open and Ben just couldnt get it to him.

As I said, KC is the absolute perfect landing spot and he should be a great compliment to Hill and Kelce and playing with the best and most dynamic passer in the NFL...but acting as if Ben was the only reason he struggled is flat out wrong.   It sure didnt help (any of our WRs), but AB leaving hurt him more because it forced him to be the main target, and that's not what he excels at.

He should excel in KC, but I hope no team rushes out to give him Christian Kirk money next year.

8 hours ago, Chiefer said:

6 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Given what's just transpired in FA this past week, if that is true his Agent should be fired!!!!

Would really need to see specifics to really say:

"The deal includes $7.5 million in incentives, at least $2 million of which hinge on the Chiefs at least getting to the AFC Championship. We’ll post the full details of the incentive package when we have them."

Wouldn't love the $2M reliant upon team success (AFC championship or further), but hard to say on the other 5.5M in incentives without knowing more. Given that he only played five games last season, it wouldn't be too difficult for the Chiefs to include easy to reach incentives that are then classified as "not likely to be earned" and thus provide cap relief in 2022.

6 hours ago, 43M said:

Couple things to clear up.

First off, no, Ben did not lose his arm strength before Juju got there.   Hell, all you had to do was watch some of Juju's early highlights and you could easily see that.

You're 100% right, you don't throw for 5100+ yards with a noodle arm. And we were able to see JuJu's potential in 17+18 prior to Ben's injury in 19. Suggesting his arm was gone prior to arrival is an odd take, imo. 

Also, an underrated point I think is moving from the Tomlin("tomlin")/Fichtner offense to Reid/EB. I'm generally pretty bullish on Tomlin but even I don't try to sell him as an offensive mastermind lol. Hopefully, Reid will be more creative utilizing his skillsets and if he can just do better than Hardman, Chiefs are going to be really hard to stop once again this year.

No doubt AB leaving impacted him (which as you noted will hopefully be mitigated by Hill/Kelce), but there IS an awfully coincidental parallel between Ben's arm fading and JuJu's stats. Specifically, JuJu's Y/R dropping from 15.8+12.8 his first two years (even 13+ the Rudolph year) to 8.6 the last two. Which coincides with Ben's career Y/A floating ~7.5-9 which dropped to 6.3+6.2 after 19. 

I am curious about the separation point. No doubt, I believe you that he struggled to get separation (although NGS has him middle-of-the-pack for 2020), but what sticks out to me is that Ben Roeth had the lowest TT (time to throw) of anyone in 2020 by a mile (2.38...#2 was 2.5). Just makes me wonder how much time he really got to get open that year, you know?

At least that's what I'm going with as a Chiefs fan lol.

Edited by Soggust
  • Like 1