Panthers re-sign CB Donte Jackson (3 years)

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Is this dude actually worth this? Thought he was kinda like, bad?

He's a good #2 corner.  I thought he had his best season last year, without a doubt.  He was okay in 2020 too, but he was dealing with a toe injury all season.  Health is the biggest concern with him, but the coaches and players love Donte.  I was skeptical that he would be back, but I'm not too surprised.  Rhule raved about him all year and he's just a great guy to have around.  And I could still see his best years ahead.

Between Horn, Jackson, Henderson, and to a lesser extent Keith Taylor, our corner room is set for the next 3 years.  Plus Jeremy Chinn back there too.  That is a lot of youth and athleticism.  So much talent on this defense currently, really the only needs are a LB (Shaq had his best year too last season but he needs a running mate) and possibly another stout DE.  Even still, we have Gross-Matos who could possibly step up as a full-time starter in his 3rd year.

1 minute ago, iknowcool said:

He's a good #2 corner.  I thought he had his best season last year, without a doubt.  He was okay in 2020 too, but he was dealing with a toe injury all season.  Health is the biggest concern with him, but the coaches and players love Donte.  I was skeptical that he would be back, but I'm not too surprised.  Rhule raved about him all year and he's just a great guy to have around.  And I could still see his best years ahead.

Between Horn, Jackson, Henderson, and to a lesser extent Keith Taylor, our corner room is set for the next 3 years.  Plus Jeremy Chinn back there too.  That is a lot of youth and athleticism.  So much talent on this defense currently, really the only needs are a LB (Shaq had his best year too last season but he needs a running mate) and possibly another stout DE.  Even still, we have Gross-Matos who could possibly step up as a full-time starter in his 3rd year.

Ah okay thanks for the insight. If I knew he was that solid I would've def wanted us to go after him. Although it's prob better I didn't know he was good to save me from disappointment of us not signing him lol

4 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Ah okay thanks for the insight. If I knew he was that solid I would've def wanted us to go after him. Although it's prob better I didn't know he was good to save me from disappointment of us not signing him lol

He has elite speed and has gotten better each year to the point of being very good last year.

His issue is that he gets dinged up every season.