Eagles Training Camp Thread

Kiltman

I don't understand why they would want to rush Beau back or even Jones. Allen is in the last year of his deal. He may not be on the roster past this year. Them being hurt helps the team as well as them. Let them get healthy, yes Allen is fighting for an extension but he's a rotational guy at best. 

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

How has Rashard Davis looked for you guys since signing him? He was a pretty good WR and fantastic PR for JMU.

I think he's been here for like eight days. Haven't heard anything about him unless I completely missed it.

Just now, Thaiphoon said:

Yeah, I heard you guys had signed him late. He's short, but is pretty good with the ball in his hands.

Might see him in the next two games. Special teams has been struggling. Wouldn't be surprised if Fipp rotated some guys in there.

Eagles defensive end Brandon Graham is NOT seriously hurt despite leaving Philadelphia’s training camp practice against the Miami Dolphins early on Monday morning. NFL insider Adam Schefter reports Graham suffered a strained tricep injury that’s not considered to be serious.

Feel free to breathe a sigh of relief.

Graham is obviously a key player for the Eagles. He’s one of the best players on defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz’s unit.

There was an unintended benefit to Graham missing some practice time on Monday. The Eagles had first-round pick Derek Barnett, who’s looked really great this offseason, get some first team reps in Graham’s place. Vinny Curry was still lining up at the other starting defensive end spot.

Eagles starting middle linebacker Jordan Hicks also left practice early but no explanation has been given. With Najee Goode banged up, the Eagles had Joe Walker take first team reps at middle linebacker.

Jaylen Watkins told reporters prior to Sunday's practice that he has moved almost exclusively to cornerback after splitting time between cornerback and safety during the first three seasons of his NFL career. 

"Yeah," Watkins said. "The last week or so I've been playing corner strictly. The saying that you hear is the more you can do, whether it's special teams, defensive back, that also helps a lot with anything, especially with only 53 spots on the team."

Realistically 

Darby

Mills

Douglas

Robinson

CJ Smith

Brooks

Watkins

No way we keep more than 6 CBs...

Robinson/Brooks/ McDougle battle for slot, I think if they feel none are capable they'll move Mills inside and put Douglas on the outside and live with it. 

CJ and Watkins are depth ST guys 

I haven't seen nada from Corey Graham but I believe they love the idea of 3 safeties vs teams that split out their TE and for tackling purposes. 

Final prediction

Jones on the IR:

Darby/ Mills/ Douglas/ Robinson/ Smith/ Watkins

Jones not on the IR:

Darby/ Mills/ Douglas/ Watkins/ Smith

Archived