Eagles Training Camp Thread

Kiltman

If Robinson keeps getting abused I could see that happening soon. I also wonder what the CB depth chart looks like 

Mills/ Smith

Robinson/ Douglas 

Brooks (is he practicing?)/ Grymes

But we know Schwartz loves to drop that safety over the slot or flexed TE in certain packages and have that 3rd safety so that factors into it. I could also see Mills being moved inside to start Douglas outside. 

28 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Not sure people can expect Agholor or Matthews to be great at catching it. 

It seems like you are either a natural catcher or you aren't.

True. How many guys started their careers with questionable hands seemed to sure them up? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

3 hours ago, Jlash said:

True. How many guys started their careers with questionable hands seemed to sure them up? I can't think of anyone off the top of my head.

That is a good question. Anyone have an example?

2 hours ago, Phire said:

That is a good question. Anyone have an example?

I really can't think of one. Generally a guy with bad hands has drops that plague his whole career.

T.O. rebounded from bad drops early in his SF days, but he was still ALWAYS prone to wide open drops. I remember he lost me a fantasy playoff game when he played for Dallas when he was literally 5-7 yards behind a defender about to walk into the end zone for a monster TD and he just doinked it.

Apparently Gibson is looking better. This is actually from Sunday's practice I believe.

A couple days ago, rookie receiver Shelton Gibson was dropping balls thrown directly to him. Now, he's making catches all over the field. His two leaping grabs at the open practice at the Linc on Sunday might have given him the confidence boost he needed (see story). 

On Monday, the rookie made another leaping grab in WR vs. DB drills. And he nearly made a spectacular catch around a defensive back. He caught the ball on the DB's back but couldn't secure it while landing on the ground. Still, Gibson nearly pulling off that kind of catch was almost unthinkable based on where he was just a few days ago.

The Pump claims he has gained 5 pounds.

“They didn’t really let me practice too much (Monday),” he said, “just warm up and stuff like that. Try to keep my legs as loose as possible.”

Pumphrey said he has gained five pounds and is up to 181 now. The higher that number goes the better for his long-term health in the game. Injuries never really affected him while at San Diego State, so it was frustrating for him to spend a week not doing much on the field with his injury.

He is about 85 percent back to full health and the hope is he will be ready to play in the preseason opener in Green Bay on Thursday night.

Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens both struggled with drops early in their careers but were able to fix them, however it does seem rare for players to "fix" their hand issues. Niners struggling with what to do with Vance McDonald as his hands have always been questionable but when he does catch it he has a little YAC ability, it's frustrating.

Apologies for barging in on your forum, just checking up on some of my fantasy guys, Jeffery and Blount. I've got a very good feeling about both of them and look forward to a big step forward from Wentz. Good luck this season fellas, for fantasy purposes I hope your secondary improves, just not against Cousins, he's my QB in every league.

3 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

Jerry Rice and Terrell Owens both struggled with drops early in their careers but were able to fix them, however it does seem rare for players to "fix" their hand issues. Niners struggling with what to do with Vance McDonald as his hands have always been questionable but when he does catch it he has a little YAC ability, it's frustrating.

Apologies for barging in on your forum, just checking up on some of my fantasy guys, Jeffery and Blount. I've got a very good feeling about both of them and look forward to a big step forward from Wentz. Good luck this season fellas, for fantasy purposes I hope your secondary improves, just not against Cousins, he's my QB in every league.

owens always sucked with drops but he was so good at everything else you could forgive them. 

10 hours ago, Phire said:

The Pump claims he has gained 5 pounds.

I was really excited about Pumphrey, and still am, but less so when I realized that his back up at SD State ran for over 1,000 last year at 7.5 YPC and had double digit TD's. Even had more receiving TD's than Pump. So my question is, what if this is just some crazy gimmicky unbelievably run heavy offense that racked up insane yards like the GT's and Air Forces and Minnesota's (in the past, not sure how they play now). I mean, this team ran for over 3,000 yards last year. That's nuts.

Archived