Eagles Training Camp Thread

Kiltman

12 minutes ago, Phire said:

Did @Jroc04 even notice? He's a wizard.

It's not up to me for you guys to recognize genius as it happens. Most revolutionaries are acknowledged long after they've died. 

But I think the writing was on the wall, tbh. Glaring hole at CB with a surplus of WRs, one of whom which we had no intentions of resigning. Same thing that happened with Jernigan. Just got to get something for Kendricks and I'll be happy. I really want to see more Gerry and Walker. 

1 hour ago, Jroc04 said:

It's not up to me for you guys to recognize genius as it happens. Most revolutionaries are acknowledged long after they've died. 

But I think the writing was on the wall, tbh. Glaring hole at CB with a surplus of WRs, one of whom which we had no intentions of resigning. Same thing that happened with Jernigan. Just got to get something for Kendricks and I'll be happy. I really want to see more Gerry and Walker. 

I see Walker as the primary backup to Hicks, maybe strong side behind Bradham as well. WLB I think will come down to Gerry/Grugier-Hill. Maybe they both make the roster if they can play well on ST. 

Defensively I want to see more of McCalister/Means

Offensively I want to see Marcus Johnson 

ST: Who is going to win that KR job, Agholor can't I'm sorry he's too frail imo. Fipp has done well with a RB with vision. 

12 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

I see Walker as the primary backup to Hicks, maybe strong side behind Bradham as well. WLB I think will come down to Gerry/Grugier-Hill. Maybe they both make the roster if they can play well on ST. 

Defensively I want to see more of McCalister/Means

Offensively I want to see Marcus Johnson 

ST: Who is going to win that KR job, Agholor can't I'm sorry he's too frail imo. Fipp has done well with a RB with vision. 

Yea. I think we'll be able to throw different looks in at our base package with how seldom we use the WILL. Kind of use whoever is best suited for the attack. Gerry was obviously a safety at one point so I imagine he's got better coverage skills than Walker but I don't really know. Getting Kendricks out of here lets us develop some other tools. But I def think Gerry makes the team with his versatility. And I think he'll make a decent swing LB eventually. 

I'm not exactly sure how much more weight  McCalister needs to gain. I'm not sure he's ready. But I'd like to see more in preseason. Been high on Means for a while. Love his burst off the line. I think he's a great rotational guy with some energy. 

Everyone's been reporting that Johnson will make the team. We'll see some more in preseason for sure. 

Not sure who's returning kicks. Agholor would be the favorite I suppose. We look like we are keeping 4 RBs and I doubt any of those guys will be the KR. 

9 hours ago, Bednarik60 said:

and awesome. One of the changes i really like. I think it benefits both players and coaches and makes for a dramatic/entertaining final cut. 

Opposite end of the spectrum. It also allows players to fall through the cracks because no one is cut a week or two earlier? Especially Veteran Players on that chopping block not getting first crack at signing elsewhere.

It also doesn't help players find another team if everything is dragged out until the end and puts teams in a bind, if player X is cut and you're already at 53 you have to put him on the active roster over someone else. Teams will have to be considerate and cut a guy immediately to allow them to find work elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, nlesthought said:

It also doesn't help players find another team if everything is dragged out until the end and puts teams in a bind, if player X is cut and you're already at 53 you have to put him on the active roster over someone else. Teams will have to be considerate and cut a guy immediately to allow them to find work elsewhere. 

Yea, I'm surprised the NFLPA agreed to this. Instead of a slow fill with teams cutting and signing for a couple weeks with players having a lot of options, it's going to be a mad dash to get the best guys who come available. I guess that's good for some teams who are less talented with money but teams that have planned and budgeted are going to get screwed a bit. 

Archived