Eagles Training Camp Thread

Kiltman

Actually the more I look into it, Pump's back up may be the real deal and even the better pro prospect. Rashaad Penny, 5'11 220. Runs hard, catches the ball and even has 5 kick returns for TD's over the past 2 seasons. 

Didn't know about the backup @Jlash good catch.

It could be any combination of Pump being good, opponents being bad, offense being gimmicky, or any combination of those or other factors.

The backup going cray definitely is suspect.

Lets hope our scouts did their jobs.

8 hours ago, Jlash said:

Actually the more I look into it, Pump's back up may be the real deal and even the better pro prospect. Rashaad Penny, 5'11 220. Runs hard, catches the ball and even has 5 kick returns for TD's over the past 2 seasons. 

hahah And hes on steroids. He was like barely 180 lbs coming out of high school and now hes 220+ and as fast as ever.. ugh ok... 

Random Kempski notes:

Kendricks stated a week ago that he wants to be traded. We'll just quickly note here that rookie Nate Gerry got first team reps in Kendricks' absence today.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-2017-training-camp-practice-notes-day-10/

For TRM:

One player that Jim Schwartz praised a week ago was Alex McCalister.

"I think the biggest thing in not working out, as far as this year, is the other acquisitions that we made, you know, and where we were," said Schwartz, when answering why the team cut Marcus Smith. "And it really sort of put us up against, ‘How are we going to get reps for all these guys?’ We do like a good, young player in the pipeline in Alex McCalister. [We] had drafted, obviously drafted Derek [Barnett], and brought in Chris [Long]. You know, so that made it difficult."

Schwartz mentioned McCalister first as a reason for cutting Smith. I don't get it. I just don't see anything there. At all. His pursuit on back side runs sucks, he can't drop in coverage on zone blitzes, and most alarmingly, he gets no pressure at all on his pass rushes. Schwartz isn't one to blow smoke up players' butts, but maybe he made an exception for some reason? I just don't get it.

Sounds Like Schwartz likes him but Kempski doesn't. Who knows what that means.

http://www.phillyvoice.com/eagles-2017-training-camp-practice-notes-day-12/

Archived