What's This Team's Biggest Need Now?

the lone star

People keep saying DE as #1 clearly…

I don’t think the decision makers see it that way. Teams usually have one stud edge rusher and one or more(if they’re lucky) JAGs.

Parsons isn’t necessarily a DE but he is 100% expected to be a double digit sack guy. Then you have DLaw who is being paid for his potential. Most assuredly still an elite run stopping strong side DE who COULD get 10 sacks, and then you signed Fowler who I’m sure they’re expecting Randy Gregory type numbers from(4-6 sacks)….

If that’s not as good as what we had last year it’s still better than most teams when it comes to pass rushers. 

LG is clearly our biggest need, and then maybe CB

Edited by DaBoys
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

I want to see what we get from the 2021 draft class before I put this towards the top of the list.

I thought hard about moving CB up the list.  Mostly because I am unsure how Joseph will improve.  I am sure the teams expectation is Joseph continue to develop and be a starting CB sooner rather then later and if that happens then we are set at CB.  Brown and Lewis make a good tandem to play slot and No4 CB. Both in general real good along LOS. We also have enough depth there with Goodwin and they like Wright so I doubt the team puts any recourses into this position in the draft. 

• Like 1

I think DE will be fine since they have Parsons and DLaw. They got Dorance Armstrong and Fowler too, and a lot of the rookies they drafted last year will probably improve. I think Osa Odighizuwa could have a decent year, and Jabril Cox could help them out at MLB so Parsons can continue playing OLB.

23 hours ago, DaBoys said:

People keep saying DE as #1 clearly…

I don’t think the decision makers see it that way. Teams usually have one stud edge rusher and one or more(if they’re lucky) JAGs.

Parsons isn’t necessarily a DE but he is 100% expected to be a double digit sack guy. Then you have DLaw who is being paid for his potential. Most assuredly still an elite run stopping strong side DE who COULD get 10 sacks, and then you signed Fowler who I’m sure they’re expecting Randy Gregory type numbers from(4-6 sacks)….

If that’s not as good as what we had last year it’s still better than most teams when it comes to pass rushers. 

LG is clearly our biggest need, and then maybe CB

Yeah, I'd go LG and maybe even C in the first 2 rounds. That way the Cowboys can improve their rushing attack through the middle. Zeke didn't impress me at all when rushing up the gut last season, and he's only really impressed me when the Cowboys had Travis Frederick, so that makes me think C is a bigger need than we actually think it is.