Atlanta Falcons sign Marcus Mariota

Nightmare

35 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah it was a great day for us. Winston played well for us last year. He knows the system and the roster is largely the same with most of our guys in their prime. Plus he has Michael Thomas this year to throw to as he is currently healthy and ready to go finally after his ankle surgery. If you think Mariota and Winston are comparable at this point. I truly don't know what to tell you lol. Things are looking good for the Saints in the NFC South right now.

Brady is back. You are #2 in that division at best. And Winston sucks lmao.

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Michael Thomas? He is likely never returning to form… keep having wishful thinking. That dude lost lots of muscle mass and was likely juiced to the gills. Every time he has played since his dominant season, he has looked like a scrub. 

He played couch potato all last season due to the ankle surgery. He played on said bad ankle all of the season prior (and yes, didn't look good because of it).

Not sure where your narrative is coming from given he hasn't been healthy since his monster season. 

It's kind of like saying Waller looked like a scrub last year because he was dinged up all year. Makes no sense. 

3 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Career 87 and threw 30 interceptions the last time he finished a full year. But yeah, we'll tak the 7 game aberration as gospel.

Cool I'll take his most recent performance on a different team as a better guage for what to expect from him. 15 touchdowns and 3 interceptions in 7 games last season for the Saints. I'm happy to have him back.

Edited by tyler735

1 minute ago, tyler735 said:

Cool I'll take his most recent performance on a different team as a better guage for what to expect from him

Yeah he was being held back by the same team Tom Brady won the superbowl with. Gonna need better WR's than Godwin and Evans.

• Like 2

So Mariota was so bad he lost his job in Tennessee and since has done nothing, but we think with two years under the tutelage of Derek Carr, he's now a viable starting option?

I mean I know Gruden's QB Camp has changed lives, but [Gordon Ramsay voice] come on, seriously? [/ramsay]

Edited by Soggust

4 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Career 87 and threw 30 interceptions the last time he finished a full year. But yeah, we'll tak the 7 game aberration as gospel.

Says the guy, who's team resurrected Tannehill.

Clearly, QBs are incapable of change, with a change of scenery, in a different system, with different coaches. 

Just now, Soggust said:

So Mariota was so bad he lost his job in Tennessee and since has done nothing, but we think with two years under the tutelage of Derek Carr, he's now a viable starting option?

I mean I know Gruden's QB Camp has changed lives, but [Gordon Ramsay voice] come on, seriously?[/ramsay]

I don't think anything thinks he's special, but he's serviceable for sure.

Just now, SWATcha said:

Says the guy, who's team resurrected Tannehill.

Clearly, QBs are incapable of change, with a change of scenery, in a different system, with different coaches. 

One was with Adam Gase. Did Adam Gase win a superbowl when Tannehill left? There is a stark difference here.

7 minutes ago, Soggust said:

Depends on how you define serviceable I think lol. 

Taylor Heinicke, Daniel Jones, Teddy Bridgewater and Jared Goff started a lot of games last year. He's definitely better than them.

Edited by Mesa_Titan

6 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah he was being held back by the same team Tom Brady won the superbowl with. Gonna need better WR's than Godwin and Evans.

He threw for 5,000 yards. The interceptions and forced throws were a huge issue that was certainly partly due to the system he played in under Arians.

“If he doesn’t make the throw, if he hesitates, if he checks it down, even if there are two guys on one of our star receivers, I am going to yell at my quarterback,” Arians told Burleson.

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/27/gmfb-has-differing-opinions-on-jameis-winstons-future-with-bucs/

I'll gladly take what I saw from him in the Saints system last year. His decision making was much improved in that system. He was throwing to Marquez Callaway and Deonte Harris last year and was still successful. I look forward to seeing him with Michael Thomas this year.