Atlanta Falcons sign Marcus Mariota

Nightmare

Just now, tyler735 said:

He threw for 5,000 yards. The interceptions and forced throws were a huge issue that was certainly partly due to the system he played in under Arians.

“If he doesn’t make the throw, if he hesitates, if he checks it down, even if there are two guys on one of our star receivers, I am going to yell at my quarterback,” Arians told Burleson.

https://bucswire.usatoday.com/2020/02/27/gmfb-has-differing-opinions-on-jameis-winstons-future-with-bucs/

I'll gladly take what I saw from him in the Saints system last year. His decision making was much improved in that system. He was throwing to Marquez Callaway and Deonte Harris last year and was still successful. I look forward to seeing him with Michael Thomas this year.

We will all be here when the Saints are looking for a new QB next year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

Taylor Heinicke, Daniel Jones, Teddy Bridgewater and Jared Goff started a lot of games last year. He's definitely better than them.

I would easily take TH, TB and Goff over Mariota and I think Daniel Jones is decent comp lol.

But even if you disagree with me, I don't think this is necessarily the company you want to be in. All those dudes are on the hot seat (sans maybe Goff) because their play hasn't been up to par (my idea of serviceable is like not losing your job over poor play).

If we are saying "serviceable" is a top 32 QB, okay I agree he might end up there. But with Mariota, you are hoping at best he's like top 25ish lol.

It's certainly a tank move. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soggust said:

I would easily take TH, TB and Goff over Mariota and I think Daniel Jones is decent comp lol.

But even if you disagree with me, I don't think this is necessarily the company you want to be in. All those dudes are on the hot seat (sans maybe Goff) because their play hasn't been up to par (my idea of serviceable is like not losing your job over poor play).

If we are saying "serviceable" is a top 32 QB, okay I agree he might end up there. But with Mariota, you are hoping at best he's like top 25ish lol.

It's certainly a tank move. 

Yeah, I mean there's not really a world where you can argue more than that. With Mariota, he has had a couple seasons where he was very good. His first two years he was a good QB. If they get that or even close to it, it's a big W for the Falcons.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

I'll make sure to keep receipts on this one champ

Pretty delusional on this one “champ” at no point was Winston ever good lol gonna have to take a back seat here. Saint ain’t even gonna be close enough to sniff Toms jockstrap. Bucs in 12 games win that division easily. Winston isn’t even gonna eat enough Ws to get to .500

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

Pretty delusional on this one “champ” at no point was Winston ever good lol gonna have to take a back seat here. Saint ain’t even gonna be close enough to sniff Toms jockstrap. Bucs in 12 games win that division easily. Winston isn’t even gonna eat enough Ws to get to .500

Lol okay champ. The Saints were above .500 last year

11 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Lol okay champ. The Saints were above .500 last year

Okay champ. Seems to me your a worse off team this year than last. Yippy you get MT back who hasn’t played in a year an a half with a qb who can’t hit the side of a skyscraper. No Payton. It’s over playboy. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheBeast23 said:

Okay champ. Seems to me your a worse off team this year than last. Yippy you get MT back who hasn’t played in a year an a half with a qb who can’t hit the side of a skyscraper. No Payton. It’s over playboy. 

sweet-dreams-good-night.gif

So Arthur Smith loves this dude or something, why give him around $9 mil a year when he is just a backup in the league?  Hell Josh Rosen who I hate might have a better shot at being productive but maybe this is Mariota's time to shine.

Curious what they do with that draft pick, if they reach for a QB or not, could probably get one 2nd round no doubt.