Atlanta Falcons sign Marcus Mariota

Nightmare

43 minutes ago, brownie man said:

This screams Malik Willis

I don’t know, screams tank for next year at this point to me. Could be a young guy but I feel like this team needs 2 full drafts and next year’s monster cap room. I could easily see Atlanta struggle this year while developing a culture and style inside the building. Then bring out the big name FAs with a young QB next year

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

I think I'd rather have Gardner Minshew than Marcus Mariota.  Either that or how about Baker Mayfield?

All three are replacement-level hail mary's (as far as becoming a franchise QB is concerned) due a 2nd contract, so between the three, I think Atlanta did the right thing going for the one that didn't cost them a draft pick (i.e. 4 cost-controlled years of the best player available to you) and instead taking their shot on a guy with very little risk attached to it. 

Personally, I'd rather my Seahawks go into the season with Drew Lock than give away draft capital for either Baker or Minshew. What's the point of acquiring a QB who's best-case scenario is waffling in the 6-9 win range? 

Edited by SaveOurSonics

I don't think he'll be an amazing QB, but I trust their HC to do something special with Mariota. He's a great guy and hard worker and his athleticism is still there. If he got Patterson to be what he was last year, Mariota + Patterson should be a fun combo. Most interesting fit for Mariota imo, way more than the Colts when he was rumoured for them. I think it's a win win Ryan to Indy and Mariota to ATL. Ryan and Atlanta probably should have broken up a couple years ago for higher value, but it was never going to get better or make more sense.

3 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Hahahahahaha

....gasp...

Hahahahaha

Today has been a good day as a Saints fan.

Has it? You signed Winston. Winston and Mariota are both bad starting NFL QB’s. Sean Payton retired for a reason… Saints are going to be a .500 or below .500 club for at least a few years. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Has it? You signed Winston. Winston and Mariota are both bad starting NFL QB’s. Sean Payton retired for a reason… Saints are going to be a .500 or below .500 club for at least a few years. 

Yeah it was a great day for us. Winston played well for us last year. He knows the system and the roster is largely the same with most of our guys in their prime. Plus he has Michael Thomas this year to throw to as he is currently healthy and ready to go finally after his ankle surgery. If you think Mariota and Winston are comparable at this point. I truly don't know what to tell you lol. Things are looking good for the Saints in the NFC South right now.

Edited by tyler735

7 minutes ago, tyler735 said:

Yeah it was a great day for us. Winston played well for us last year. He knows the system and the roster is largely the same with most of our guys in their prime. Plus he has Michael Thomas this year to throw to as he is currently healthy and ready to go finally after his ankle surgery. If you think Mariota and Winston are comparable at this point. I truly don't know what to tell you lol. Things are looking good for the Saints in the NFC South right now.

Michael Thomas? He is likely never returning to form… keep having wishful thinking. That dude lost lots of muscle mass and was likely juiced to the gills. Every time he has played since his dominant season, he has looked like a scrub. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Michael Thomas? He is likely never returning to form… keep having wishful thinking. That dude lost lots of muscle mass and was likely juiced to the gills. Every time he has played since his dominant season, he has looked like a scrub. 

Lol what are you even talking about? "Lost muscle mass and juiced" what a joke.