Justice League

Acgott

No Martian Manhunter

0/10

I'm actually really looking forward to this. Granted its part of the Snyder Universe which I've just come to accept wont be as good as anything Marvel could put out. But I'm excited to see the direction they go with this. And wonder if they bring in Darkseid yet, or if they tease him like Marvel did Thanos for all these years.

And if they do, the movie must end with something like this.

The trailer looks a lot better than I expected. I think there may be too many "let's do this because it'll look cool but not contribute to the story" things going on. But it didn't really have the Snyder feel to it.

On another note, while still not perfect, they improved the look of Cyborg.

When asked about the rumors of him leaving the role of Batman, Affleck said:

Let me be very clear. I am the luckiest guy in the world. Batman is the coolest ******* part in the world. ... It's ******* amazing. And I still can't believe it, after two films... With Matt Reeves doing it, I would be an ape on the ground for Matt Reeves, let alone Batman. ... I'm really excited to be Batman

Words mean nothing. The week before he dropped out as director, he was talking about how he was going to direct in the suit.

"I know what’s it's like to be in the suit," says Affleck, pondering the notion at the Beverly Hilton. "We’ll have to modify the suit to make it a little bit easier to put on and take off. When you are in it, you can be sweating, crazy and exhausted, do your part and walk away. But when you’re a director, you can’t walk away. You have to be there for everybody

https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2017/01/12/ben-affleck-big-year-live-by-night-justice-league-batman/96420070/

1 hour ago, Acgott said:
With Flashpoint being confirmed, we are probably looking at a soft reset 

Oooohhhhhh, interesting.  So could that possibly mean that everything after FlashPoint will completely eliminate what happened before it?  If so, I might just pick this DCEU up after that.  Don't like the look of Justice League at all. 

Just now, Kiltman said:

That'd be so sad to have to do this early on ...but I don't disagree with the move

I disagree.  This way, we'll only have to sit through Justice League, Shazam and Suicide Squad 2 before Joss Whedon rights the ship.  Hopefully Wonder Woman 2 will be set in the 80's or something, 90's maybe, so FlashPoint can wipe out everything that happened from 1980 on.  That means a new origin movie for Superman, Batman (especially The Joker), and so on. 

This way, the horrors of MoS, BvS and Suicide Squad can be distant memories and an excursion into, "What if The Joker was a lame gangland pimp with emo tattoos on his forehead?" 

It will be sad to see Affleck go as Batman, but it will be incredibly exciting for a well-made DCEU to start with FlashPoint, while Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 2 will still be a part of the continuity.  I was hoping Justice League would do a FlashPoint thing, but it's even better this way because I don't think Whedon could save Justice League from Snyder. 

I'm excited. 

1 minute ago, HorizontoZenith said:
11 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

That'd be so sad to have to do this early on ...but I don't disagree with the move

I disagree.  This way, we'll only have to sit through Justice League, Shazam and Suicide Squad 2 before Joss Whedon rights the ship.  Hopefully Wonder Woman 2 will be set in the 80's or something, 90's maybe, so FlashPoint can wipe out everything that happened from 1980 on.  That means a new origin movie for Superman, Batman (especially The Joker), and so on. 

This way, the horrors of MoS, BvS and Suicide Squad can be distant memories and an excursion into, "What if The Joker was a lame gangland pimp with emo tattoos on his forehead?" 

It will be sad to see Affleck go as Batman, but it will be incredibly exciting for a well-made DCEU to start with FlashPoint, while Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman 2 will still be a part of the continuity.  I was hoping Justice League would do a FlashPoint thing, but it's even better this way because I don't think Whedon could save Justice League from Snyder. 

I'm excited. 

I meant it as it's sad (like in a pathetic kinda way) that they misjudged and mismanaged it so poorly that they need it this soon.

I agree I'm happy they will be course correcting in some way.

Just now, Acgott said:

Wonder Woman 2 is set during cold war

Perfect, perfect, perfect.  Perfect, perfect, perfect.  I was going to write off Wonder Woman altogether since I still haven't seen the first one, but now I'm actually excited about the future for this series. 

Now I'm just looking forward to them making it official.  I doubt they'll make it official until they officially start filming The Batman, but it looks like they're wink/nodding their way with this.  They don't want people to lose interest in Justice League, Shazam or Suicide Squad 2, so they probably won't announce it for a while, and a long while at that, but unless I'm completely reading into this wrong, it looks like we'll have Wonder Woman, Wonder Woman 2, and then FlashPoint as a firm order to the continuity going forward, right? 

Anybody have a different interpretation? 

Just now, Kiltman said:

I meant it as it's sad (like in a pathetic kinda way)...

Ah, makes sense and I agree.

You guys are really jumping the gun with Flashpoint right now. How many times has the DC Slate changed already? Yes there are different people in charge now (for the better it seems) but we can even say the same for the lauded MCU. 

Looking at this from a reasonable standpoint, not being an illogical hater of this universe (the horrors? Really? Get over yourself) Flashpoint looks to be their escape hatch if needed. The last point they can pull the ripcord and parachute out of the current timeline without scraping the entire universe already established. 

Wonder Woman was the best of this genre since Winter Soldier, and currently Justice League is currently getting a lot of great buzz and momentum. They have a lineup of what look to be great Characters. A great WW, a Batman that everyone loves (as both the Bat and Bruce) who has just strongly affirmed that he is all in, what looks to be the best interpretation of Aquaman we will ever get, a stong and overall liked Superman, and a Flash played by one of the great young actors that has already stolen the stage as the heart of the league by just a cameo some trailers and two Comic Cons.

You're ready to say that if Justice League is a hit, Aquaman continues to show DC can make great genre Superhero films and let's assume Ben Afleck isn't a liar (like some of you have already started to call him) and is committed with Matt Reeves. You're saying WB and DC would throw that all away because they tossed out the title Flashpoint a year or two ago? Don't think so

Archived