Raiders sign LB Jayon Brown

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

It’d be an epic offense if Ruggs was still around.  I think he was on pace to becoming a 1100yd 2nd season and could have been a perennial 1000-1300yd receiver himself.   His game would have pared remarkable well with Adams because he forced safeties to stay deep, opening up things underneath, and he didn’t require a high volume of throws to produce.

I highly doubt that we trade our first two picks for Adams if Ruggs was still on the team coming off of a 1,200 yard season.

On 3/25/2022 at 3:33 AM, big_palooka said:

Never forget how many in here wanted to keep Mayock and Bisaccia because reasons.

This forum and it’s non-stop excuses mentality, and wanting to keep people longer. 

“We don’t know if Mayock’s picks were because Gruden, we need to give him another year just in case!”

”Bisaccia made the playoffs, needs at least another year, he rallied this team so much!”. 

Some posters have the mentality where they let go wayyy too late instead of let go on time. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

This forum and it’s non-stop excuses mentality, and wanting to keep people longer. 

“We don’t know if Mayock’s picks were because Gruden, we need to give him another year just in case!”

”Bisaccia made the playoffs, needs at least another year, he rallied this team so much!”. 

Some posters have the mentality where they let go wayyy too late instead of let go on time. 

Some on here were also immediately calling for us to ship Carr off and criticizing the new regime before we had even made any moves, lol. 

Regardless though we've already seen how much of an upgrade our new regime is in comparison to the old group.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Some on here were also immediately calling for us to ship Carr off and criticizing the new regime before we had even made any moves, lol. 

Regardless though we've already seen how much of an upgrade our new regime is in comparison to the old group.

Many people have called to ship Carr over the years because once you’re in Year 5, 6, 7, 8, you know exactly who a QB is. Carr’s flaws are apparent, set in stone, and light up a room. However, I am intrigued to see him in McDaniels system. 

35 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Many people have called to ship Carr over the years because once you’re in Year 5, 6, 7, 8, you know exactly who a QB is. Carr’s flaws are apparent, set in stone, and light up a room. However, I am intrigued to see him in McDaniels system. 

You wanted a total rebuild as soon as Denver landed Wilson, lol.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

I personally see more of a "You said this and that in the past"-mentality and a "I said it first - I am the greatest"-mentality here.

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

I personally see more of a "You said this and that in the past"-mentality and a "I said it first - I am the greatest"-mentality here.

Not sure exactly what you just said but what I said isn’t wrong. This forum does have a tendency to not be able to let go of things at the time they should be let go. Under no circumstance what so ever should Mayock or Rich have been kept. Although there was a couple of posters (not many, I feel like 90% were united on getting rid of them) who wanted to keep both. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Not sure exactly what you just said but what I said isn’t wrong. This forum does have a tendency to not be able to let go of things at the time they should be let go. Under no circumstance what so ever should Mayock or Rich have been kept. Although there was a couple of posters (not many, I feel like 90% were united on getting rid of them) who wanted to keep both. 

I just don't understand why it is that important, to point out that other posters were wrong many weeks ago.
Mayock and Rich are long gone now. And the work of Ziegler and McDaniels is great so far.

Everybody of us should satisfied with this off-season so far and not looking back to the darker days.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Weren’t you the guy that wanted to FO to throw this season away after the Broncos traded for Wilson? Lol

8 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

I said that 6 months ago. 

....I also was the first person to point it out.

Edit: I'm also the greatest. 

• Like 7

On 3/26/2022 at 1:11 AM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Now that we are a few weeks into free agency and we all now have a better idea of how the rosters in the division will be constructed I agree with most of what you have to say here.  However we will have to wait for the season to conclude to pass judgement on whether or not the season was a success.  

I do agree that there are no more excuses and while we do not have a complete roster we have the best Raiders roster we have seen in 25 years. This is no longer a dumpster fire roster that consisted of patchwork JAG's who were just warm bodies to fill positions.  This team has solid starters and finally some depth which is something that is critical for a long season.  Our lack of depth is something I have been very critical of for a number of years and our idiots in the FO did nothing about compiling quality depth.  

Ziegler is a GM who clearly knows what he is doing combined with what appears to be a very good HC who is an offensive guru.  We are poised to take the AFC by storm.  The JM being a good coach is speculation at this point but I am willing to go on a limb because I think he will be the real deal and will coach here for a long time.  

Let's take a look at the talent.

-We have a franchise QB in Carr who will have a career year this year are he finally has a legit #1.

-Jacobs, Drake and Bolden will be a great 1,2,3 punch and may be the best RB group in the division.  It can be argued that Williams and Gordon are neck and neck with Jacobs and Drake but it's close.

We have the best WR corp.  Adams is without question the best WR in the division as he is top 3 in the NFL.  Renfrow the best slot WR.  Our number 2 (Robinson/Edwards) is a bit sketchy but no roster is perfect.  Can you imagine if we still had Ruggs as a field stretcher?  We may have the best O in football. What a tragedy on multiple levels....

Waller is arguably the best TE in football, certainly top 3.  Kelce is a stud but getting up there in age and I am fascinated to see what he does without Hill to take coverage away from him.  

Our Oline is a big question but Carr gets the ball out quickly which should help with our lack of talent.

Our Dline is interesting.  If we are in 4-3 we will have Maxx and Jones as DE's and they may be the best duo in the NFL.  I liked the Nichols signing and he will be the 3T in this formation along with Billings and Butler at NT.  Not much depth along the interior Dline and let's hope Nichols can stay healthy.  He will be a key player in this D.  if we end up going 3-4 I suspect Maxx and Nichols will be DE's with Billings at DT.  

We have the most LB depth we have had in many years.  Perryman and Brown should be our starting ILB's in a 3-4 with Kaiser as the backup.  Jones will be an OLB along with Fackwell and Diablo.  Our second OLB is questionable.  

We certainly have the most CB depth that we have had in 25 years.  Sin will be our #1 as it currently stands.  He is not an elite, lockdown #1 but showed growth towards the end of last season and if he can build upon that he will be solid.  Mullen as the number 2 is where he belongs as long as he can stay healthy.  Hobbs in the slot looked good last year.  I think Averett will a key piece and could push Mullin for the number 2 spot.  

Moherig showed promise last year and played well.  He should be locked in as our starting FS.  I am skeptical about Abram but hopefully he can improve his coverage skills with a new coaching staff.  Our depth at safety is questionable. 

This is without question the most talented Raiders roster  in the last 25 years.  The division is wide open and I think JM is the real deal.  We should be a force in the AFC this year and all signs are pointing up.  

We do appear to have the best roster since around 2003, however, there are two very big and very obvious elephants in the room for me. The interior DLine is very much a question mark and IMO fundamental to the whole defence. Billings I was always a fan of but he's never produced at a high level in the NFL nor has Butler and we're not even entirely sure of the base scheme. The OLine is still a little bit questionable if Good is not healthy or not back to his best. I'm OK with Miller and James and if Good can go that's three decent to good players but we appear to be wanting to rely on Parker which makes it very, very sketchy to me. I think we can get away with a random guy at guard but RT has to be an above average to good player. Maybe Parker is that guy but it's projection rather than evidence at this moment in time. 

I like the optimism and obviously we still have the draft and cuts and there's still FAs out there too so it would be no surprise if there's still a few impactful moves to be made. But at this moment in time our two massive question marks are two very important facets of the team.

9 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:
12 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Expand  

I just don't understand why it is that important, to point out that other posters were wrong many weeks ago.
Mayock and Rich are long gone now. And the work of Ziegler and McDaniels is great so far.

Everybody of us should satisfied with this off-season so far and not looking back to the darker days

Good point, also, very importantly the new regime hasn't actually played a single match yet, not even pre season so anyone tooting their own horn or proclaiming them anything is at best, premature. What if, after all these trades and moves we don't actually make the playoffs but yet the old regime with all the handicaps last year year did? I think the new regime is an upgrade, I honestly wanted Harbaugh but as with most things, let's see how this thing plays out first before we tell anyone else they were wrong in a condescending manner 😀

• Like 3