Packers Release TE Marty B ... Claimed by Patriots ... Placed on IR

bucsfan333

1 hour ago, lancerman said:

Wait the fact that players on the team that was most effected came to the team's defense says it all when almost every other player and former player is on Bennett's side? So the players most likely to be biased too the organization says it all. That's a bit of confirmation bias isn't it. 

The fact that Bennett did that and told his agent to tell every team he was injured kind of goes against that. Unless he was hellbent on the Patriots picking him up. 

Players have spoken out against Dr McKenzie and taken Bennett’s side? 

12 minutes ago, Ketchup said:

No players have said they don't have an issue with Bennett electing to not play and have surgery because his team is losing and then to change his mind on a winning team. Largely because the Packers had his rights and didn't have to cut him.

Just now, lancerman said:

No players have said they don't have an issue with Bennett electing to not play and have surgery because his team is losing and then to change his mind on a winning team. Largely because the Packers had his rights and didn't have to cut him.

Who has said that? The only other news I found was from one former coach turned analyst who basically said Bennett is a disgrace in nicer words. I believe the article was on ESPN. Every single other article I have found has talked about how fishy Bennett's explanations are regarding this. Even former players like Jermichael Finley who have been critical of the Packers didn't support Bennett's opinion on what occurred. I think at this point you just got to admit you are most likely wrong in your opinion regarding this.

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

He and the Pats probably discussed this before he was ever cut. It would be in character for both.

Fortunate for the Pats that the Packers cut him instead of putting him on IR. And that no other team put in a waiver claim for him.

That's some next level planning right there.

2 hours ago, lancerman said:

Okay lol. Yeah the Pats orchestrated this whole plan that if Rodgers got hurt Bennett would fake an injury where if he doesn't get surgery he is exposed as a liar that hinged on 31 other teams ignoring picking up a quality TE. 

The advantage to the Patriots is that people see ghosts when they deal with them. 

I don't know about you but I can generally make a plan in a matter of minutes. I don't need months. 

Lol at the naevity necessary to think the Bennett just happened to tell all the other teams not to claim him but suddenly decided he didn't need surgery when the Pats turned their claim in.

Can't make this stuff up ha

12 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

I don't know about you but I can generally make a plan in a matter of minutes. I don't need months. 

Lol at the naevity necessary to think the Bennett just happened to tell all the other teams not to claim him but suddenly decided he didn't need surgery when the Pats turned their claim in.

Can't make this stuff up ha

Yes you can.

In fact you've been doing it all thread.

There's no evidence of pre-planning or collusion. There's no evidence he lied about his injury. That's all just guess work.

2 hours ago, lancerman said:
2 hours ago, Ketchup said:

No players have said they don't have an issue with Bennett electing to not play and have surgery because his team is losing and then to change his mind on a winning team. Largely because the Packers had his rights and didn't have to cut him

I still don't understand this logic. Bennett said he was likely going to retire at the end of the year. Why wouldn't green bay cut him

33 minutes ago, JBURGE25 said:

I still don't understand this logic. Bennett said he was likely going to retire at the end of the year. Why wouldn't green bay cut him

He was probably doing that to create waves and force GB's hand a bit more. Once he realized he was going to be forced to play through the season he started saying stupid things to get out

54 minutes ago, lancerman said:
1 hour ago, JBURGE25 said:

He was probably doing that to create waves and force GB's hand a bit more. Once he realized he was going to be forced to play through the season he started saying stupid things to get out

If you actually believe this, damn.

54 minutes ago, lancerman said:

What do you really think was going on? He didn't want to play through an injury for nothing. 

Yeah and I don't blame him for that. What I do blame him for is the BS about the med staff forcing him to play

6 hours ago, lancerman said:

What do you really think was going on? He didn't want to play through an injury for nothing. 

And you don't think this is a problem?  HIs actions make him look selfish and conniving.  The ONLY reason you are are condoning his behavior is because he is a member of your favorite team.

Archived