Bills match offer for OG Ryan Bates

Trentwannabe

1 minute ago, Trentwannabe said:

He can play all 5 spots 

Yes but is he starter material him filling in for a game or 2 im okay with but this 8.8 over 2 years needs to be starter worthy and the only starting spot available is RG. He maybe versatile but right now we need to make sure Allen is protected and the run game can actually starts moving consistently

6 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Yes but is he starter material him filling in for a game or 2 im okay with but this 8.8 over 2 years needs to be starter worthy and the only starting spot available is RG. He maybe versatile but right now we need to make sure Allen is protected and the run game can actually starts moving consistently

I don’t think they match if they don’t think he can be the starting RG 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

I don’t think they match if they don’t think he can be the starting RG 

He's being paid starter money, so they fully anticipate him starting. I'm cool with it, though it is a bit risky with such a small sample size of games, but with Kromer coaching him and his physical abilities- it's an enticing combo to say the least.

Looking like McD and co. are envisioning this for our starting line next year:

Dawkins-Saffold-Morse-Bates-Brown

Looks good to me. Just add some more depth and competition in the draft in case Saffold or Bates doesn't live up to their contracts (both are being paid starter money), and we're Gucci. 

1 hour ago, WizeGuy said:

He's being paid starter money, so they fully anticipate him starting. I'm cool with it, though it is a bit risky with such a small sample size of games, but with Kromer coaching him and his physical abilities- it's an enticing combo to say the least.

Looking like McD and co. are envisioning this for our starting line next year:

Dawkins-Saffold-Morse-Bates-Brown

Looks good to me. Just add some more depth and competition in the draft in case Saffold or Bates doesn't live up to their contracts (both are being paid starter money), and we're Gucci. 

I still think we add a "Darryl Williams" G/T in the early to mid rounds. A guy like how Cody Ford is supposed to be lol..

I'd want some ready to go in case Bates/Spencer dont mesh 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

I still think we add a "Darryl Williams" G/T in the early to mid rounds. A guy like how Cody Ford is supposed to be lol..

I'd want some ready to go in case Bates/Spencer dont mesh 

If williams is still available after the draft and Beane doesnt get one he likes I wouldnt be surprised that he adds daryl back to the roster. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

If williams is still available after the draft and Beane doesnt get one he likes I wouldnt be surprised that he adds daryl back to the roster. 

Never even thought of this lol

Trade Ford for a late round pick and sign Williams would be great move

33 minutes ago, BillsGuy82 said:

Never even thought of this lol

Trade Ford for a late round pick and sign Williams would be great move

we can clear 1.5 mil by moving on from ford. With the amount they paid bates and bringing ike back and signing Mancz I am not sure beane will want to keep ford. Even if Kromer does turn it around for him, hes a free agent next year leading to wanting money that the bills will likely not do as he took him 4 years to figure it out and it would be a shaky signing cause of his progression over the 1st 3 years. A late round pick for a team looking at adding depth after the draft at 1.5 mil think someone will take a shot at him. If pats give up a 6th for bodine we shouldnt have a problem landing something for ford