2022 Mock Draft Thread

GW21

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

document.png

I’ve got the pff settings tweaked a bit to make everything feel more draft board-y (and not have Watson drop into the mid to late third all of the time). Brisker dropping sort of made this draft, but I did the usual thing. SS, some athletic OL types, some home run hitters at the skill positions. A nose tackle just for me (even if he isn’t Kocurek’s jam). Okonkwo because I want a move TE for the 3rd Te spot that might play some fullback if Juice goes down and has some burst. The usual. 

Love the Okonkwo pick. Dude can just sit behind Juice for a few year and then seamlessly step in. Great value for our scheme in the 6th. Just him alone would make day 3 for me if we get him. I get the feeling McDaniels is going to want him though...

1 minute ago, 9erFreak77 said:

3-F96-F292-D852-42-FB-824-B-A7-FD1-F5-E6

Sorry for my constant ASU picks lol

The ASU guys are almost always at the top of the board on our selections on PFF mocks. 

I probably wouldn't make that trade up for Bonitto unless there was a weird run on edge guys. I think that there are going to be a lot of comparable edge players available at 61 if that is the target. Bonitto, Paschal Williams, Jackson...I think multiple of those guys are going to be there around when we select, so I don't think there's a ton of value in that type of trade up except based on your personal preference ranking (IE, you may like Bonitto substantially more than me and feel that he's a top 35 guy) 

I like the Cross pick. By far my favorite. 

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

The ASU guys are almost always at the top of the board on our selections on PFF mocks. 

I probably wouldn't make that trade up for Bonitto unless there was a weird run on edge guys. I think that there are going to be a lot of comparable edge players available at 61 if that is the target. Bonitto, Paschal Williams, Jackson...I think multiple of those guys are going to be there around when we select, so I don't think there's a ton of value in that type of trade up except based on your personal preference ranking (IE, you may like Bonitto substantially more than me and feel that he's a top 35 guy) 

I like the Cross pick. By far my favorite. 

I love Cross as well…..we don’t go shopping at Maryland very often, i think the last time was Vernon.

lol I just did a draft where all of my picks except the punter pick got an A. My trade also got a C :(

#61 - Jaquan Brisker, PSU - S

Traded #93, 134 and 187 for #98, 101 & 237

#98 - Josh Paschal, UK - EDGE

#101 - Cole Strange, Tenn Chatt - C

#105 - John Metchie III, Alabama - WR

#172 - Cordale Flott, LSU - CB

#220 - Otito Ogbonnia, UCLA - DT

#221 - Ty Chandler, UNC - RB

#237 - Matt Araiza, SDSU - P 

#262 - Ryan Van Demark, UCONN - OT

So PFF gave them all an A or A+ except for Araiza (punter are people too!) lol. Honestly, I have no issues throwing a 6th / 7th at one of the best punter prospects there have been. 

#61, Brisker, I've made my fondness for known. 

The trade down was an easy one for me to make given how many people were on the board that I still liked (Paschal, Strange, etc). Paschal I just took in the second round of another draft, so obviously it was very hard to pass him up here and I do believe that is good value. I continue to select Strange in round 3 because I know we are looking at center and I like him as a prospect around here. He did well at the senior bowl and he's played good competition before (he played Kinlaw as a freshman, I believe) and did okay, which is what I want to see from small school guys. I won't be crazy if they take him at 61, so getting him at 101 is value for me. 

Metchie is a fun one. No way he's there this late, right? Even with the ACL? I had to take him. 

The big gap is a killer. Flott is probably JAG, but Chandler is a guy that can catch the ball as a running back which is the sort we could use. Van Demark is a guy who fits the mold of McKivitiz / Skules that we have drafted before. Nothing crazy about his traits, but he also doesn't really have any red flags athletically either. 4 year starter, good size. 

Honestly one of my favorite drafts. I messed with the sliders to use a more public board and insert some randomness to it. 

FyJXSCf.png

Probably one of my favorite ones I've done. Those first 5 picks are all studs that can be probowlers in our system. Pitre is our SS and one of my favorites in the draft, Thomas opposite of Bosa is going to give offensive cordinaters nightmares, West can slide in at guard for a year if Mack is back, Strong is this years 1000 yard rusher, and Okonkwo is Juice's successor. Araiza I only picked because I trust Forge lol. Drummond is a similiar style as Deebo that we can use on special teams. The last two I kinda winged it ngl.

On 4/1/2022 at 3:38 PM, StevenK said:

Ironically Bonitto could have been selected instead of Thomas, but I heard Bonitto is more of a 3-4 outside linebacker so I went with Thomas instead. Again PFN rankings. Crazy! 

Bonitto was much more effective than Thomas during their time as Sooners. I think Bonitto could be a Wide 9 fit. I also like Sam Williams of Ole Miss and Ebekitie of Penn St.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Forge said:

lol I just did a draft where all of my picks except the punter pick got an A. My trade also got a C :(

#61 - Jaquan Brisker, PSU - S

Traded #93, 134 and 187 for #98, 101 & 237

#98 - Josh Paschal, UK - EDGE

#101 - Cole Strange, Tenn Chatt - C

#105 - John Metchie III, Alabama - WR

#172 - Cordale Flott, LSU - CB

#220 - Otito Ogbonnia, UCLA - DT

#221 - Ty Chandler, UNC - RB

#237 - Matt Araiza, SDSU - P 

#262 - Ryan Van Demark, UCONN - OT

So PFF gave them all an A or A+ except for Araiza (punter are people too!) lol. Honestly, I have no issues throwing a 6th / 7th at one of the best punter prospects there have been. 

#61, Brisker, I've made my fondness for known. 

The trade down was an easy one for me to make given how many people were on the board that I still liked (Paschal, Strange, etc). Paschal I just took in the second round of another draft, so obviously it was very hard to pass him up here and I do believe that is good value. I continue to select Strange in round 3 because I know we are looking at center and I like him as a prospect around here. He did well at the senior bowl and he's played good competition before (he played Kinlaw as a freshman, I believe) and did okay, which is what I want to see from small school guys. I won't be crazy if they take him at 61, so getting him at 101 is value for me. 

Metchie is a fun one. No way he's there this late, right? Even with the ACL? I had to take him. 

The big gap is a killer. Flott is probably JAG, but Chandler is a guy that can catch the ball as a running back which is the sort we could use. Van Demark is a guy who fits the mold of McKivitiz / Skules that we have drafted before. Nothing crazy about his traits, but he also doesn't really have any red flags athletically either. 4 year starter, good size. 

Honestly one of my favorite drafts. I messed with the sliders to use a more public board and insert some randomness to it. 

If the front office can pull this off we’re in great shape! 

• Like 1

Barrows did a mock draft in The Athletic. Since the article is paywalled, i'll just list the picks

61 - Drake Jackson DE

93 - Cole Strange C

105 - Danny Gray WR

134 - Jelani Woods TE

172 - Tyler Badie RB

187 - Brian Asamoah LB

220 - Markquese Bell S

221 - Cordell Volson OL

262 - Andrew Mevis K

Overall i like the mock. I'd replace 262 with a P instead of a K. Wish really fell off late last season. Unless he was dealing with an injury, i think its time for an upgrade 

5 hours ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

Who did they have us picking? Looks like this may be a paywall thing. 

10 minutes ago, GW21 said:

Who did they have us picking? Looks like this may be a paywall thing. 

#61 - Cam Jurgens

#93 - Nick Cross

#105 - Marcus Jones

#134 - Thomas Booker (DT, Stanford)

#172 - Tyler Badie (RB, Mizzou)

#187 - Bo Melton (WR, Rutgers)

#220 - David Anenih (EDGE, Houston)

#221 - Ryan Van Demark (OT, Uconn....I actually had us taking him in the last round in one of my previous mocks)

#262 - Brock Purdy (QB, Iowa St) 

Just now, Forge said:

#61 - Cam Jurgens

#93 - Nick Cross

#105 - Marcus Jones

#134 - Thomas Booker (DT, Stanford)

#172 - Tyler Badie (RB, Mizzou)

#187 - Bo Melton (WR, Rutgers)

#220 - David Anenih (EDGE, Houston)

#221 - Ryan Van Demark (OT, Uconn....I actually had us taking him in the last round in one of my previous mocks)

#262 - Brock Purdy (QB, Iowa St) 

giphy.gif

I like Cross and Jones at those spots. The Jurgens pick seems a little high, but I'm mostly basing this off of mock draft simulators, so what do I know. I also wouldn't be mad about Purdy at the end there. I'd love to get a QB to develop as our backup. 

Just now, GW21 said:

giphy.gif

I like Cross and Jones at those spots. The Jurgens pick seems a little high, but I'm mostly basing this off of mock draft simulators, so what do I know. I also wouldn't be mad about Purdy at the end there. I'd love to get a QB to develop as our backup. 

The thing I don't like about the Jurgens pick here is that he him going over both Parham and Strange. I don't think that I agree with that. Though he could be factoring in our perceived interesting in Jurgens into that decision. 

1 minute ago, GW21 said:

giphy.gif

whoops! Sorry about that @GW21.

Thanks Forge for posting the results.

2 minutes ago, GW21 said:

giphy.gif

Same here with Jurgens. I think PFF and pro football network have him ranked in the 130s or so overall?