Bruce Arians retires - joins front office as a draft/FA scout?

bucsfan333

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

So Jason Licht now works with his 4th HC, pretty rarified air.  I kind of think John Butler may be the only other GM, but with 2 different teams.

I asked Auman on twitter. He's the best at finding out these sorts of things. 

• Like 1

What in the??? This surely isn't going to put any Brady-Arians rift to bed. I know Arians said he was just looking to coach 3 years when he first signed on but, the timing. 

I'll definitely miss his leadership and talking to the press mainly. Hope Bowles is up to the task.

Whatever the true story of the ending, who cares.  They won a SB already.  If Brady plays past this year, bonus.  Bowles is set up for instant success.  I do believe he has his ego in check to stay out of the way and let it happen.  Sort of like a reverse Gruden hire with Kiffin as DC.  Oops, am I not allowed to mention the other SB winning HC for the team?  🙂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Whatever the true story of the ending, who cares.  They won a SB already.  If Brady plays past this year, bonus.  Bowles is set up for instant success.  I do believe he has his ego in check to stay out of the way and let it happen.  Sort of like a reverse Gruden hire with Kiffin as DC.  Oops, am I not allowed to mention the other SB winning HC for the team?  🙂

Yeah. I mean. We've still got Brady. So we always have a chance.

That's all that matters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Have you seen twitter? Or even this site? lol

It's only gotten worse. Like some sort of gotcha.

No it's mainly trolls lol. Whatever is the most interesting story is what people will imagine. I don't like to speculate much, so I'll go with what Arians and Brady are claiming. That rift rumor has been going awhile. And with Brady's retirement-return, and Brady calling free agents and doing recruiting, and now after free agency Arians leaves... and Arians claiming it's not health related, but it's strictly to help Bowles? 🤔

2 hours ago, ravishingone said:

I'm sorry, the league is run by a bunch of idiots.  😂😂😂

Rewarding teams with picks for hiring minority coaches is stupid as is, but since that's the rule, not also making it more attractive to teams to *promote* said coaches is even stupider. 

The NFL is basically saying that it'd be in our better interest to have us go hire Bieniemy than promote Bowles/Leftwich. That makes less than zero sense. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, eggybucsfan31 said:

Rewarding teams with picks for hiring minority coaches is stupid as is, but since that's the rule, not also making it more attractive to teams to *promote* said coaches is even stupider. 

The NFL is basically saying that it'd be in our better interest to have us go hire Bieniemy than promote Bowles/Leftwich. That makes less than zero sense. 

Exactly it just doesn't make any sense...  We went from a non-minority to a minority it should definitely be a factor and it shouldn't have any bearing if they are hired within the org or not.