GM Mock Draft - NYG

ny92mike

Alright, I'm gonna self appoint myself a temporary assistant GM and submit the pick now so we don't hold up this draft any longer. 

If anyone has any opinions on pick 7, please speak now so we have some discussion before we are on the clock. I have my opinion based on who I'm pretty sure is gonna be available, but I wanna see what you guys think so I don't feel like I'm taking this thing over here. @Acgott@ny92mike@YogiBiz@y*so*blu

• Like 1

4 hours ago, minutemancl said:

Alright, I'm gonna self appoint myself a temporary assistant GM and submit the pick now so we don't hold up this draft any longer. 

If anyone has any opinions on pick 7, please speak now so we have some discussion before we are on the clock. I have my opinion based on who I'm pretty sure is gonna be available, but I wanna see what you guys think so I don't feel like I'm taking this thing over here. @Acgott@ny92mike@YogiBiz@y*so*blu

Ickey is a good pick. I probably would've taken Cross instead but that's just me.

With #7 I recommend trading down. Gardner is tempting but I'd rather have a 1st rounder for 2023 in the bank and a few more picks for now, because there are a lot of other players we have shown interest in: Cole Strange, Jesse Luketa, and Nik Bonnito to name a few. Not all will be instant contributors but they are guys you can build a good team on.

With #36 we can probably get a good d-back with experience in press man (Pitre, Brisker and McCreary are intriguing). Elam will probably be gone but if not, snap him up instead. The only way I don't take a d-back there is if Kenyon Green or maybe Zion Johnson are available.

Edited by y*so*blu

9 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Ickey is a good pick. I probably would've taken Cross instead but that's just me.

With #7 I recommend trading down. Gardner is tempting but I'd rather have a 1st rounder for 2023 in the bank and a few more picks for now, because there are a lot of other players we have shown interest in: Cole Strange, Jesse Luketa, and Nik Bonnito to name a few. Not all will be instant contributors but they are guys you can build a good team on.

With #36 we can probably get a good d-back with experience in press man (Pitre, Brisker and McCreary are intriguing). Elam will probably be gone but if not, snap him up instead. The only way I don't take a d-back there is if Kenyon Green or maybe Zion Johnson are available.

Let's say we were to trade down to 11, what range of pick would you be looking to get back in 2023? Between 20-30? 40-50?

41 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Let's say we were to trade down to 11, what range of pick would you be looking to get back in 2023? Between 20-30? 40-50?

20-30 if it has to be #11. I would like to secure enough capital to give us a shot at a good QB in '23, regardless of how we do this year.

I'd rather trade down further for better value though--possibly the mid 20s where we can take our pick of good d-backs, then use #36 for something else. There aren't a lot of mid 1st rounders I'm in love with. Maybe Linderbaum or JJ II.

Edited by y*so*blu

I know some of you are rather busy today, and probably still pondering Bradberry. and I doubt it even hits my pick today, but who knows with the times not being official anymore lol…

anywho, that cornerback spot is vital to my draft plans. So….

my offer of 5.170 for Bradberry is likely to expire when I go OTC for pick 1.21

5 minutes ago, DaPatsKid98 said:

I know some of you are rather busy today, and probably still pondering Bradberry. and I doubt it even hits my pick today, but who knows with the times not being official anymore lol…

anywho, that cornerback spot is vital to my draft plans. So….

my offer of 5.170 for Bradberry is likely to expire when I go OTC for pick 1.21

I'm inclined to take that offer. What do you think @minutemancl?

1 hour ago, y*so*blu said:

I'm inclined to take that offer. What do you think @minutemancl?

I’m against. We JUST restructured Jackson to allow us to keep him on the roster. This system needs good CBs. I don’t see the point of underselling when we don’t need the cap right now.

41 minutes ago, Acgott said:

I’m against. We JUST restructured Jackson to allow us to keep him on the roster. This system needs good CBs. I don’t see the point of underselling when we don’t need the cap right now.

Did I miss something? Even with the Jackson restructure we still need over $6 million if we're going to sign nine (or more) draft picks.

As great a job as Schoen has done, the Giants still have a long way to go if they plan on fitting all nine of their 2022 NFL draft picks on the roster this year.

The Giants are still holding out hope that they can trade running back Saquon Barkley and/or cornerback James Bradberry to give them some much-needed cap relief.

That may not happen by the draft.

Edited by y*so*blu

27 minutes ago, y*so*blu said:

Did I miss something? Don't we still have to clear over $6 million if we're going to sign nine (or more) draft picks?

As great a job as Schoen has done, the Giants still have a long way to go if they plan on fitting all nine of their 2022 NFL draft picks on the roster this year.

The Giants are still holding out hope that they can trade running back Saquon Barkley and/or cornerback James Bradberry to give them some much-needed cap relief.

That may not happen by the draft.

Yes, it may not happen by the draft. We will still need to make a move such as restructuring Leonard. Doing it now doesn’t help us unless it’s a decent offer. We can do it in August. Maybe a team misses out on a CB or one gets injured in training camp.

29 minutes ago, Acgott said:

Yes, it may not happen by the draft. We will still need to make a move such as restructuring Leonard. Doing it now doesn’t help us unless it’s a decent offer. We can do it in August. Maybe a team misses out on a CB or one gets injured in training camp.

I see your point. Maybe I'm being impatient, but I would rather move on from him now than restructure any more deals. 

Edited by y*so*blu

4 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

We are OTC. Jordan Davis was the pick at 6. 

We have an offer on the table for pick 7 from the Bills for 11 and a 2023 2nd. @ny92mike if you want to pursue that, contact trentwannabe. 

Personally, I'm not a fan. I'd rather take the top player at a position of need in Sauce Gardner. 

Take sauce if you want.  I'm good either way.