GM Mock Draft - NYG

ny92mike

I still want the future 1st, although Sauce being there makes it a harder choice. A speedy shutdown corner who excels in press man? That's just what we need.

But if we pass and take the capital instead, there are lower picks who could grow into the role: Elam, Woolen, or maybe even Flott. (That may be why the team made a point of checking him out, even though he's projected to be a late-rounder.)

Edited by y*so*blu

So first two picks were Ickey and Sauce. How the board is shaking out McBride and Mafe are at the top of my board. After watching some more tape on McBride him not getting TD’s isn’t as on him as I originally assumed or ascertained. He’s back as my TE1. 

Mafe is a do it all pass rusher who I would feel comfortable letting him cover in zone. I’m leaning toward McBride though

Let's keep an eye out for a safety with man experience. Brisker and Pitre will be gone when we're OTC again but we'll have a shot at Kerby Joseph or Nick Cross.

LB Brian Asamoah, though undersized, plays with a relentless motor and natural leadership. The kind of guy who could give our pass rush a whole new identity.

Edited by y*so*blu

On 4/11/2022 at 2:04 PM, y*so*blu said:

Let's keep an eye out for a safety with man experience. Brisker and Pitre will be gone when we're OTC again but we'll have a shot at Kerby Joseph or Nick Cross.

LB Brian Asamoah, though undersized, plays with a relentless motor and natural leadership. The kind of guy who could give our pass rush a whole new identity.

You also need an Edge rusher and there is a solid high motor guy that is available in Cameron Thomas or go Chad Muma from Wyoming.