QB Dwayne Haskins dead at 24

CBears019

1 minute ago, JiffyJag said:

This seems like a weird post too, not gonna lie. Ignoring the fact that your analogies involve “molesting children and beating women senseless” (when we’re talking about a guy who “just wasn’t that great at the highest level of football”) , you’re also creating a straw man that doesn’t even exist right now lol

No one is trying to make a case for Haskins being some sort of phenomenal player that was on the verge of a breakout season.

Everyone gets in their feelings for something.😄

4 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

No one is trying to make a case for Haskins being some sort of phenomenal player that was on the verge of a breakout season.

It applies to the point that Schefter said he was struggling and the ensuing outrage. 

Edited by Matts4313

Just now, wwhickok said:

My assumption is his car broke down, I if course have no idea if that's the case. As a truck driver, I see ppl walking alone the side of highways all the time for that reason.

Yeah, I get that, still weird though. Interested to hear why.

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

So in the Steelers forum a tweet was just shared.

Apparently Haskins had a flat tire and was attempting to cross the West bound lane and was struck by a dump truck. 

Likely a situation where he wasn't intiially seen and it turned into a very tragic series of events. 

5 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

Apparently Haskins had a flat tire and was attempting to cross the West bound lane and was struck by a dump truck. 

Likely a situation where he wasn't intiially seen and it turned into a very tragic series of events. 

Yeah, super sad if that's the case. Pretty much all of us have done something of the sort in our lives. Some are just unlucky.

• Like 1

Just now, Mesa_Titan said:

Yeah, super sad if that's the case. Pretty much all of us have done something of the sort in our lives. Some are just unlucky.

Yep. It's a stupid thing to do (not criticizing Haskins here) but I think we have all done something similar. You're not really thinking about the dangers of it. Man, it hit me harder than I expected.

18 minutes ago, wwhickok said:
20 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

This is a dumb question, but arent you supposed to call a tow company and 911 if your car breaks down in a dangerous spot? 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

This is a dumb question, but arent you supposed to call a tow company and 911 if your car breaks down in a dangerous spot? 

Yeah I have no idea why he would be crossing the hwy. Don't know the situation so it makes no sense.

4 hours ago, wwhickok said:

This is why it's absolutely imperative to have a spare tire and/or have AAA coverage.

Edited by biggie.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Not a dumb question. That'd 100% what you're supposed to do. There's also periodically signs that say *61 or something like that which directly connects you to roadside assistance.

2 minutes ago, biggie. said:

This is why it's absolutely imperative to have a spare tire and/or has AAA coverage.

I dont think you are even supposed to change your tire on the highway. Not without the police there to redirect traffic.