QB Dwayne Haskins dead at 24

CBears019

2 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This country for as many cars as there are has terrible pedestrian protections. 

I don't know the details of what happened with Haskins but just speaking as someone who drives 50,000+ miles a year I see so many distracted drivers on the road. I have legit seen people reading a book and working on their laptop while driving 80 MPH on the interstate

RIP Dwayne Haskins

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

This country for as many cars as there are has terrible pedestrian protections. 

I am reminded of Colts LB Edwin Jackson who, in 2017, was killed alongside his Uber driver who was having car trouble and both of them were outside of the car when another car hit them.

Terrible news.  

13 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He should still be ashamed. That's a human life. With hopes and desires and dreams and loved ones. Being so callous is just gross.

Seems to be quite common in the sports media world. 

When LSU won the National Championship, one of the first things Dari Nowkhah asked Joe Burrow was about his coach's daughter passing away...which hadn't been disclosed to the team. It was a question nobody had any business asking a player other than for sensationalism. It's like they see athletes as commodities instead of people, and often conduct "reporting" as such. It's gross and highly inappropriate. 

Condolences to Haskins' family and loved ones.

Also, as someone who has come out of accidents lucky to probably still be  here this hits close to home. It’s crazy how quick it can be over in an accident. Really hoping he wasn’t hit by a drunk driver or something, but regardless it’s tragic. Can’t imagine what his family is going through right now. My thoughts are with them, his friends and all the teammates and players who were close to him. 🙏🏻

While I was never that much a fan of him as a prospect or when he started for the Redskins, I would never wish any ill will on him or anyone. Heck, I figured he'd legitimately have another shot at QB2 with the Steelers this season. 

Rip Dwayne. Prayers to your family.