QB Dwayne Haskins dead at 24

CBears019

50 minutes ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

He should still be ashamed. That's a human life. With hopes and desires and dreams and loved ones. Being so callous is just gross.

I lost my only sibling, my brother, in August of last year and I could only imagine how devastating it would be for Dwayne's sister to see something like that? Unfortunately people tend to care more about the story and clicks than they do the family left behind. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

I lost my only sibling, my brother, in August of last year and I could only imagine how devastating it would be for Dwayne's sister to see something like that? Unfortunately people tend to care more about the story and clicks than they do the family left behind. 

Sorry to hear about your brother. 

I'm all for QBs and mega athletes getting a lot of the blame for losses when they play poorly or being held to a high standard in terms of their on field play. Comes with the territory. 

BUT there are a lot of things bigger than football/sports. We are talking about a human being losing their life before they turn 25 years old. And even in regards to his career success Haskins in all reality was majorly successful, just making it to being a first round pick puts him in a class with very few. 

That's super disappointing by Schefter and I'm glad so many players have called him out for it. Maybe just maybe in the future he will think twice. 

RIP Dwayne Hankins. Gone too early. I hope his family can find peace and navigate through their tragedy together. 

• Like 2

Few thoughts:

1. My first thought was: "Wow, thats tragic." 

2. Second thought was: "I really hope he doesnt have kids that are now fatherless, that would make it doubly tragic"

3. Third and finally, I thought "Adam Schefter is saying something accurate, he is just saying it at a horrific time. Haskins dying so young is tragic, but it doesnt change that his career trajectory was super suspect. You just dont say that when breaking this kind of news, its a D move."

2 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

Pretty poor of Schefter to highlight his struggles in the NFL in the same tweet announcing his death.

Poor kid had his entire life ahead of him. Shame this happened

It’s been incredible to watch his reputation crumble the last few years. Used to be beloved more or less, just keep saying the wrong things.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JiffyJag said:

Who cares? 

People who like honest & direct discussions. Not just lip service. 

This just isnt the time or place for one. Also, dont chop up my quote, thats a D move. 

Edited by Matts4313