Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

52 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Nice gif.  And no, I just don't like dumb straw man takes.  That wasn't what @LETSGOBROWNIES said and @dawgdish is drawing irrational conclusions while putting words in people's mouths.  Sure you're not sticking up for ur boo/other account?  Whoever giffed it dealt it, eh.

I don't have another account, more than one person on the internet just happen to have an opinion different than you - shocking, I know. I can tell you, though, that if you're truly concerned about reading comprehension, you should read some past posts before making LETSGOBROWIES your boo, as along with the valid points he sometimes makes, he's often maddeningly guilty of that exact tactic. 

9 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I'm not attributing the failures of Farmer to Sashi, I'm just pointing out that it makes no sense that someone who has been a top executive in nothing but losing organizations, and who had no personnel experience was given the title and authority over personnel that he has now, so I can't understand why people blindly defend him while crucifying, say, Hue (and attributing all of our draft mistakes to the coach who doesn't have the authority). You are absolutely right, we don't really know, and that fact can be used to argue both sides of the fence, so I guess it just which side you stand on. Objectively, the jury is out on Ownership, the GM, and the coach.

If you are in the GM role where final personnel say is in your title (rather than with someone like the coach) as Sashi is now, it seems a no-brainer to me that a general qualification you need is prior success in evaluating personnel. Having drafted winners, or having been part of an organization that has been strong in personnel acquisition and retention. To be clear, I would have zero problem with Sashi in his current position if the say over roster and draft rested with a VP of personnel type or a Parcells type coach who can cook and shop for the groceries.

To your first point, fans have become somewhat tribal in who they place blame, definitely.  Maybe I am as well, but I'm not ready to place blame on anyone yet.  They were quite clear that this would be a lengthy rebuild.  I agreed at the time they needed to nuke the roster and start over, so I was good with a few (more) season of poor play, still am if we get a winner. I'll likely be a bit more critical next season with the expectation of .500 with sustainable success (competing for playoff spots annually) year 4. That's not unreasonable to me.

As far as Sashi having control of the roster, that doesn't mean he's the one calling all of the shots.  I do believe he and DePodesta are going to evaluate potential trades for value and will move down even if Berry or Hue like a guy if thru feel they are getting a good deal.  That said, when it comes time to pick I think Sashi is relying heavily on Hue, Berry, the other coaches/scouts, ect who have assembled their big board. Sashi may be the guy selecting from their board, but he didn't create the board if that makes sense.  Again, this is just my opinion.

45 minutes ago, dawgdish said:

I don't have another account, more than one person on the internet just happen to have an opinion different than you - shocking, I know. I can tell you, though, that if you're truly concerned about reading comprehension, you should read some past posts before making LETSGOBROWIES your boo, as along with the valid points he sometimes makes, he's often maddeningly guilty of that exact tactic. 

Seriously, your reading comprehension seems to get worse with each post.  I was talking to @big poppa pump, razzing him about agreeing with your terrible--bless your heart--takes.  It's pretty clear in the  above, as it was attached as a response to his post, not yours.  You are mentioned in the post, which is different than the post being written to you.  

The irrational conclusions you are making are demonstrated again in that bloated post you just sent in response to @LETSGOBROWNIES: "'I can't understand why people blindly defend him while crucifying, say, Hue (and attributing all of our draft mistakes to the coach who doesn't have the authority)."  Another poor straw man on your part; people are not attributing all our draft mistakes on the coach.  The "crucifying" Hue is about him doing nothing to develop any of the young passers he has and being the voice saying to pass on Wentz & Watson.  No matter how many times you say it, the majority of us are not going to believe that the "guru"/"whisperer" etc. who was touted from the get-go as having a huge voice in who we go with in the draft/trades for passer would somehow not have taken part in passing on Wentz etc.  It's just dumb to have to tell you this again, but I've taken the bait.  Our other salary & trade moves/draft thus far are at least promising enough to see it out with Sashi; most can agree on this.  Why keep rejecting the fact that Hue had a huge say in the passer position just to keep your narrative going?  That's the only argument going on, that somehow Sashi & Co. wouldn't let Hue have his guy in the draft.  That's just not the truth so why keep saying it?

16 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

Seriously, your reading comprehension seems to get worse with each post.  I was talking to @big poppa pump, razzing him about agreeing with your terrible--bless your heart--takes.  It's pretty clear in the  above, as it was attached as a response to his post, not yours.  You are mentioned in the post, which is different than the post being written to you.  

The irrational conclusions you are making are demonstrated again in that bloated post you just sent in response to @LETSGOBROWNIES: "'I can't understand why people blindly defend him while crucifying, say, Hue (and attributing all of our draft mistakes to the coach who doesn't have the authority)."  Another poor straw man on your part; people are not attributing all our draft mistakes on the coach.  The "crucifying" Hue is about him doing nothing to develop any of the young passers he has and being the voice saying to pass on Wentz & Watson.  No matter how many times you say it, the majority of us are not going to believe that the "guru"/"whisperer" etc. who was touted from the get-go as having a huge voice in who we go with in the draft/trades for passer would somehow not have taken part in passing on Wentz etc.  It's just dumb to have to tell you this again, but I've taken the bait.  Our other salary & trade moves/draft thus far are at least promising enough to see it out with Sashi; most can agree on this.  Why keep rejecting the fact that Hue had a huge say in the passer position just to keep your narrative going?  That's the only argument going on, that somehow Sashi & Co. wouldn't let Hue have his guy in the draft.  That's just not the truth so why keep saying it?

So well written....you musta had high SAT scores in writing!!!!!

But I digress

I have mentioned this before, and I believe it bears repeating at this time.  There is one guy that happened to be there for all of the discussions on potential FA's and draft picks (including QB's).  He happens to wield all the power.  Good ol Jimmy was there to listen and absorb all the back and forth about which guys we should try to acquire via free agency, trade, or draft.

If he wasn't drunk on expensive bourbon, then he knows if Hue or Sashi should bear the brunt of the blame for our current roster, or more importantly, who should be the Quarterback of this team.

1 hour ago, big poppa pump said:

So well written....you musta had high SAT scores in writing!!!!!

But I digress

I have mentioned this before, and I believe it bears repeating at this time.  There is one guy that happened to be there for all of the discussions on potential FA's and draft picks (including QB's).  He happens to wield all the power.  Good ol Jimmy was there to listen and absorb all the back and forth about which guys we should try to acquire via free agency, trade, or draft.

If he wasn't drunk on expensive bourbon, then he knows if Hue or Sashi should bear the brunt of the blame for our current roster, or more importantly, who should be the Quarterback of this team.

Bless your heart, but you're one of my favorite footballsfuture villains.  And yes I did have a very high SAT score in writing.  Thanks for noticing, you large poppa pump you.  

I agree that Jimmy knows who did what for the most part.  That said, we have no idea how well he is able to be neutral with that info.  We can only guess, but I hope that neither Hue nor Sashi has got Jimmy brainwashed against the other.  I hope he knows exactly what went down and can see clearly what the logical next step is.  I'll admit that I just don't like Hue's act anymore and find him to lack leadership qualities; thus, I want him gone.  I'd like to give the front office another draft & season, though, as there is a lot that we can objectively point to that they have been very successful on & not much--Kenny Britt--other than passers that one could really use to put together an argument for their firing.

19 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

If you had any semblance of reading comprehension, you'd also see that I don't ascribe all the blame to Sashi, but do state the objective fact that he is the one with final call and control in his title, but I won't bother trying to get you to comprehend text beyond a "hot take" level as you seem more like one of those internet trolls who is more interested in making things personal rather than having a real discussion. Go Browns.

oh crap, mom is pissed.

I'd take a side in the fight but I've learned in the next thread I may be on the other side of the argument so while I'll disagree with the words that someone posts I generally don't take offense to the person who posts those words.

So, I think the JAX game was an illustration of why I struggle to evaluate Kizer one way or the other right now.

Throwing to our only truly "good" targets (Johnson and Coleman), Kizer was 10-17 for 136 and a TD. A little less accurate than you'd like, but Coleman is a "deep shots" type of receiver, so you don't expect 60% on targets to him most of the time.

Throwing to everyone else he was 6-15 for 43 and two INTs.

I just don't know what this kid would look like with real targets. Hopefully Gordon is 80% of his old self and we get a hint these last few weeks.

4 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

oh crap, mom is pissed.

I'd take a side in the fight but I've learned in the next thread I may be on the other side of the argument so while I'll disagree with the words that someone posts I generally don't take offense to the person who posts those words.

Is this a challenge hillbilly?

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

So, I think the JAX game was an illustration of why I struggle to evaluate Kizer one way or the other right now.

Throwing to our only truly "good" targets (Johnson and Coleman), Kizer was 10-17 for 136 and a TD. A little less accurate than you'd like, but Coleman is a "deep shots" type of receiver, so you don't expect 60% on targets to him most of the time.

I just don't know what this kid would look like with real targets. Hopefully Gordon is 80% of his old self and we get a hint these last few weeks.

All of our receivers have about the same catch percentage this year (under 50% per target) so I don't know if the one game sample is a real indicator or not.

4 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Really great stats there, nice post.

Archived