Do you know enough to give up on Deshone Kizer?

brownie man

Do you know enough right now to say its time to move on from Kizer?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know enough to say its time to move on from Deshone?

• Yes I know enough he will not be a franchise QB in Cleveland ever
    • I will decide after he has more time
    • I will decide after I see him with a better supporting cast
    • I am sticking with him for the forseeable future

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Right, sorry I didn’t clarify I was taking a shot at the QB whisperer Hue who wanted Hooker over his #1 ranked player.

In that case, proceed.

20 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Wentz tore his ACL like Watson did and we are still acquiring more players...just playing devils advocate for the sake of logic.

Maybe DePo and Sashi noticed some inverted knees or long shins and saw the writing on the wall?  Maybe they have a shin length algorithm on their super duper nerd computers?  I'm just sayin', it's possible.

4 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Lol your vision already failed.  Let it go dawg, it's over.

My vision was abruptly stopped before the inevitable success could take hold.

The flawless logic and superior methods have only one known possible cause for failure, and it's name is Jimmy Haslam.

WE WERE DIRECTIONALLY CORRECT DAMMIT!!!!

For as much crap as Hue gets (rightfully so) I do think the progress Kizer has made from week 1 to now is impressive. Its hard to blame Hue for the mental mistakes Kizer makes. But I think he does deserve credit for the improvement we say.

I'll be the first to admit Im no Kizer fan but this week he has show he has the talent to be a back-up in this system and worth trying to develop.

Yes that OT throw was stupid but his arm did get hit and Higgins was breaking open.
The Coleman throw looked like a comeback route that Coleman didnt come back to.

That being said I want a QB with the #1 pick but especially if Hue is around next year, I want Kizer year two in this system.

Obviously if Kizer sucks balls the next three games, this is subject to change but I think he will play well enough to deserve being the back up/development QB on the roster

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My vision was abruptly stopped before the inevitable success could take hold.

The flawless logic and superior methods have only one known possible cause for failure, and it's name is Jimmy Haslam.

WE WERE DIRECTIONALLY CORRECT DAMMIT!!!!

Good news is that Sashi got the hard part outta of the way.

2 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

I’m willing to bet good hard earned money we win three games this year with a competent coach including yesterday. And our qb would have been found next year with a decent team around him. 

Yeah no way to prove it. But I feel pretty sure the wrong cat was fired. I would have been good however with keeping sashi and adding Dorsey. 

I would be saying the same thing if we fired Hue instead of Sashi, it's just impossible to expect to keep your job after this.  The way I view it isn't that Hue and Pettine aren't terrible, they are, but at least by keeping the HC you don't do a total reset.  Hue gets to show what he can do 3 years in with more talent before we cut the chord.

36 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

I would be saying the same thing if we fired Hue instead of Sashi, it's just impossible to expect to keep your job after this.  The way I view it isn't that Hue and Pettine aren't terrible, they are, but at least by keeping the HC you don't do a total reset.  Hue gets to show what he can do 3 years in with more talent before we cut the chord.

So Hue gets a shot for 3 years and sashi doesn’t?

Do you realize since starting out 7-4 with Oakland Hue is 2-35 as a head coach? Let that sink in. 

Dorsey just got extremely lucky because of what sashi has accomplished in 2 years. 

38 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I dunno, a 35 yard comeback route?

My bad I just realized I worded that incorrectly.

I meant he needed Coleman to come back to it because of the CB and S.

Shouldnt have been thrown obviously

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

So Hue gets a shot for 3 years and sashi doesn’t?

Do you realize since starting out 7-4 with Oakland Hue is 2-35 as a head coach? Let that sink in. 

Dorsey just got extremely lucky because of what sashi has accomplished in 2 years.

And thus he is dead and we shall consider him a martyr

17 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That's fair, but who are the Sizzles, Harrisons, Browns, etc that we were getting?

Dudes weren't sitting at home staring at their Mitchell Schwartz posters dreaming of the day....

That is the "growing up" part I was referring to in the GDT, We need homegrown guys like Coleman, Garrett, Peppers, and whoever our QBOF is to be that moving forward.

The reality is we haven't seen enough to base Kizer's entire career on. He's got some of the most crucial traits of an elite QB.

Yes, his mistakes at devastating. But here's the thing: He's 21 years old...

Rookie mistakes are always going to appear far worse than those of a veteran. You take a look at the QB's who came into this league at that age, and I'm not sure any of them succeeded initially. It takes time. The fact that he has very little support doesn't help. Among the highest drop rates in the league, penalties, etc. Those can't be pinned on him.

What can be pinned on him is the poor decision-making, clock management, and accuracy. Two of the three, I have seen drastic improvement. The third - accuracy - is the lone factor that will make or break the kid. I think he is just inconsistent with it. At times, spot on. Other instances, nowhere near his target.  The fact that we know he CAN make the plays tells me there is potential for him to execute them on a more consistent basis.

I know I'm in the minority, and I'm certain the front office wants a new QB. All I'm saying is - to give up hope on Kizer at this point in his career is ridiculous.

Archived