Dan Snyder Drama thread

33 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I know he can’t, and if he was smart he would take his money and go away, but that $6b might burn enough of a hole in his pocket that he might try to get back his $60m.  He’d be dumb to do it, but I wouldn’t count it out. 

He might try but it won't happen.

The thing is, that all of us who complained to our Congressional and State representatives about spending $$$ for a new stadium for Snyder can take a bow here.

I'm firmly convinced that even with the NFL's Mary Jo White investigation, Snyder would have survived. The nail in the coffin here IMHO, as was hinted at in some reporting, his inability to secure financing for a stadium. 

Those representatives were nervous about getting in bed with the scandal-plagued Snyder and pulled assurances for a new stadium (MD & DC first, and then VA being the last to close up shop).

Without the new stadium, Snyder isn't bringing anything to the table anymore. He took a packed 91k seat stadium and turned it into a joke where the visiting teams should've been asking for the majority of the gate receipts. And in the NFL, like the Mafia, when you're "not a good earner", it typically doesn't end well for you.

In this case, he gets $5.99B witness protection program (subtracting the $60M fine from the $6.05B - it's late and I'm still celebrating so my math might be off, but I don't think so) to grease the skids to get him out of here. 

But I consider it like the old adage about ladies who take their clothes off or "spend time" with people for money. "You pay them to leave."

Kudos to you all.

Now, hopefully I can get my children interested in the team before their sports allegiances are set. It might be too late for my 11yo daughter, but my son is 5 and he's still moldable.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 10:22 PM, Thaiphoon said:

The thing is, that all of us who complained to our Congressional and State representatives about spending $$$ for a new stadium for Snyder can take a bow here.

I'm firmly convinced that even with the NFL's Mary Jo White investigation, Snyder would have survived. The nail in the coffin here IMHO, as was hinted at in some reporting, his inability to secure financing for a stadium. 

Those representatives were nervous about getting in bed with the scandal-plagued Snyder and pulled assurances for a new stadium (MD & DC first, and then VA being the last to close up shop).

Without the new stadium, Snyder isn't bringing anything to the table anymore. He took a packed 91k seat stadium and turned it into a joke where the visiting teams should've been asking for the majority of the gate receipts. And in the NFL, like the Mafia, when you're "not a good earner", it typically doesn't end well for you.

In this case, he gets $5.99B witness protection program (subtracting the $60M fine from the $6.05B - it's late and I'm still celebrating so my math might be off, but I don't think so) to grease the skids to get him out of here. 

But I consider it like the old adage about ladies who take their clothes off or "spend time" with people for money. "You pay them to leave."

Kudos to you all.

Now, hopefully I can get my children interested in the team before their sports allegiances are set. It might be too late for my 11yo daughter, but my son is 5 and he's still moldable.

i feel that there was more dirt on snyder the NFL has and they were worried it would get out. He had to many enemies at this point. I think the NFL gave him a choice, sell or we are pushing you out.

13 hours ago, mar29020 said:

i feel that there was more dirt on snyder the NFL has and they were worried it would get out. He had to many enemies at this point. I think the NFL gave him a choice, sell or we are pushing you out.

Yeah, but even with enemies and even with the scandals, unless he was going to be bad for business he wasn't going anywhere. Money talks in the NFL. If he was a big earner in the league, and these scandals happened? He'd still be owner. As it was, the owners declined to allow him access to financing to get the stadium done. That killed his chances of staying on as owner. And the only reason they did so was because he didn't get the stadium guarantees from the local governments

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 10:22 PM, Thaiphoon said:

Kudos to you all.

I’ve met the State Senator from the Woodbridge area, good dude & a true hero to all Washington football fans! 😂 

• Like 1