Brownie Man's First Round Mock Prediction with Explanations! (No Trades)

brownie man

Did You Like My Pick for Your Team?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Did You Like My Pick for Your Team?

• Yes
    • No - (If no please list who you would've chosen)

16 minutes ago, Techbert said:

I cannot think of many meeting rooms on the Falcons that say, "We good." It is a BPA talent acquisition situation. If Wilson is it, so be it. Pretty much any top player not named London, cuz Pitts.

I can't think of where Wilson is a better player than Stingley, Willis or Johnson. Especially since the Falcons are one of the few teams rumored to have a top 10 grade on Johnson. I'll be extremely shocked if they go WR at 8 after what I've been hearing. Keep in mind, this is a deep draft for WR and they have 2 2nds and 2 3rds. Get a premiere talent at 8. Not one they are reaching for that doesn't really fit what Arthur Smith likes to do. Wilson is basically Calvin Ridley and Arthur Smith had no idea how to use him. Why force that same kind of player on him? They aren't going WR at 8. Now at 43, 58 I could see even a double dip. Just not at 8.

Edited by scar988

10 hours ago, brownie man said:

Idk if you saw this 

but Jacksonville just gave Christian Kirk a $100 dollar deal. 

FA WRs are getting harder to come by. If it was one of the top 3 DEs I’d give them to you. But Garrett Wilson is a stud. He’s my bonafide WR1. I feel he’s a more talented player than Johnson. 

You’re depth chart is horrible at both spots, but you need to secure a weapon for your future QB whoever he is. DE you can get in the second with a Boye Mafe or Drake Jackson or someone like that.

Wilson is a for sure number 1 talent at receiver. He’s not Jamarr Chase, but he is still a solid number 1 in his own right. With the Ridley situation how it is you’ve got to help that passing offense. You’ve got to make sure your future QB is set up for success my guy. Gotta have some talent there so he can develop. 

Pitts and Wilson. Now you’ve got two staples of a offense you can build a team around. That’s setting a QB up for success. Look at what the Dolphins are doing. They’re giving Tua the world. Finding WRs in FA ain’t realistic. Not good ones who aren’t injured. 

I fully don't believe in giving WR's that kind of money and don't think you need a elite WR to get the job done.  I also don't think Wilson is any better than any of the top 6 or 7 WR's in this draft.  As said he's not even in my top 4 WR's in this draft if i was choosing one so he dang sure isn't worth a top 10 pick to me. 

Also i wouldn't sign a elite FA WR as it's dang sure not worth it the position itself isn't worth it.  I would draft guys like  Pickens, Pierce, Olave, etc... in the 2nd round depending on who fell down there.    The talent at WR in round 2 is pretty much on par with the guys people think should go round 1 this year where as their is a distinct difference in talent at edge rusher this year in round 2 and round 1.    I would take Johnson at Edge every single time over any WR in this draft and don't view them in the same tier as him as far as talent goes.  I view Johnson as a top 10 pick i don't view any WR in this draft in the top 15 and think all of them from the 15 to 45 pick are pretty close in talent.    The fact that i see Pierce and Pickens as better than Wilson and London as guys i would want on my team 1st.  Lets me know that i don't think to highly at all of the guys perceived to be 1st round WR's.     Then when you add in positional value and it's not even remotely close which one is the smarter pick to make.    We have much better WR's right now on the team than we do Edge Rushers.   Pitts, Tate, Oz, Byrd etc...  are better than just 1 Lorenzo Carter.   Atleast those guys can get 500+ yards which would be equivalent to a mid range sack guy like 5 or 6 sacks.    We only have 1 guy on the entire roster who has gotten 5 sacks  the rest don't even have 5 sacks between them for their entire career.  So as said we have 4 or 5 guys as good or better than our 1 best edge rusher. 

Now with all that said im not saying it can't happen or won't happen.  It very well can we for sure might take a WR or QB at 8. I just think it's very very dumb to do so and will be disappointed in the front office this year if it happens without trading down 1st and not having alot of hope for them going forward.

Edited by FalconFan13

On 4/17/2022 at 7:35 PM, FalconFan13 said:

Absolutely not for the Falcons taking a WR at 8 in this loaded WR class is just a dumb move for us to do.  You can get a WR with almost identical talent in round 2 of this draft to Wilson.  Heck i would personally take  Pickens, Olave, and Jameson Williams over Wilson and i don't even view them as top 20 guys in this draft.  Wilson and London are probably 5 and 6 on my list of WR's.

The correct move for the Falcons here is to take Johnson at Edge Rusher and fix the position we have been the weakest at for the longest amount of time and a MUCH MUCH more important position and a harder one to fix.   You can fix WR so easy at any given time in FA or draft theirs just to many talented ones available in every draft and FA.    Edge rushers are a different thing they are very hard to come by and keep talented ones that actually work out.   To me WR is just like RB a dime a dozen and you can plug and play solid ones as long as you got a good o-line.

Also our Edge Rushing group looks a heck of alot worse than our WR group right now lol   Atleast we got WR's that have proven something in the league for 500+ yards per season and some over 800 yards.   Don't forget Pitts and Patterson line up at WR as well.  Pitts spent more time at WR and running WR routes last year than TE.

TE: 27% , slot: 43% , wide: 30% were his splits

As far as edge rusher goes we have 1 guy on the team that has gotten more than 2 sacks a season and thats Lorenzo Carter at 5 sacks as his best year.   The rest of the edge rushers on the team don't have 4 SACKS COMBINED BETWEEN THEM FOR THEIR ENTIRE CAREERS.    

Now you add in the fact that the 2nd worst pass rushing team last year had 29 sacks  and the Falcons were dead last with more than double digit sacks less than that with 18.  Proves how horribly bad we are at that position and how severely we need a legit edge rusher in here PRONTO.   Heck if it's up to me im probably double dipping at edge in the 1st 2 rounds.    Hutch, Thibs, Johnson, Walker in round 1 in that order for me at 8.   Then in round 2 im taking Bonitto, Karlaftis, Ojabo, Mafe, Ebiketie, or Enagbare in that order as well.  With my other 2nd round pick i go WR and then with one of my 3rds i go WR.

As a MN Vikings fan in a previous draft I was not a fan of them taking a WR with a loaded class and many other needs. The pick was Justin Jefferson so just a thought. I might have had to eat my words.

1 hour ago, Duff34man said:

As a MN Vikings fan in a previous draft I was not a fan of them taking a WR with a loaded class and many other needs. The pick was Justin Jefferson so just a thought. I might have had to eat my words.

Sure... But there's no one even JJ good in this draft.

6 hours ago, Duff34man said:

Dude it could be Justin Jefferson for us at 8 and i still don't want to take one there.  I don't value the position that worthy of such a high pick.   I would much rather take that chance and hit on a Chase Young or Tristan Wirfs than a Cee dee Lamb or Justin Jefferson if i have to take my chance on hitting one of those positions.   To me hitting on those changes much more for your team than a WR does.    Heck the Falcons had possibly the best WR group in the nfl a few years ago and because we didn't have a O-line or Defense we couldn't get the job done in the SB.   Falcons have been down that road time and time again by going skill players 1st and i personally am not for it. 

They may very well go WR in this draft at 8 but i'll for sure complain about the pick :D

33 minutes ago, scar988 said:

Malik Willis would be great. If they feel he's a franchise QB and select him, I'm all for it. Take your franchise QB when you can.

Yeah the more I think about it I like the idea of sitting him behind Mariota for at least the early part of his rookie year. You do also have some second rounders to bring in receivers. 

What really makes me go with it is the fact if he pans out you guys have the inside track on the division from a QB perspective if he pans out. NO and Carolina are still looking for their guy so if you get yours and hit on some picks you’ll be on your way to being the leader in your division. 

41 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah the more I think about it I like the idea of sitting him behind Mariota for at least the early part of his rookie year. You do also have some second rounders to bring in receivers. 

What really makes me go with it is the fact if he pans out you guys have the inside track on the division from a QB perspective if he pans out. NO and Carolina are still looking for their guy so if you get yours and hit on some picks you’ll be on your way to being the leader in your division. 

Exactly. And with Tom Brady likely being done in the next 2-3 years, or at least done with Tampa after this year, it could make things real interesting.

4 hours ago, brownie man said:

Just posted an updated mock @FalconFan13I got you guys Malik Willis. How would you feel about that. 

Wouldn't be a fan of that either but would have been a better pick than picking another fricken shiny hood ornament like we just did. Tired of taking all these skill position players early over and over again.  Falcons will never learn and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. Offensive line and defense will forever stay garbage with picks like this and last year. 

1 hour ago, FalconFan13 said:

Wouldn't be a fan of that either but would have been a better pick than picking another fricken shiny hood ornament like we just did. Tired of taking all these skill position players early over and over again.  Falcons will never learn and continue to make the same mistakes over and over again. Offensive line and defense will forever stay garbage with picks like this and last year. 

Yeah I was right having a WR originally but I definitely would not have went London there. 

46 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Yeah I was right having a WR originally but I definitely would not have went London there. 

I was hoping with a new regime we was fine with this BS my friend but some things never change. Getting really tired of being a falcon fan year after year.